March 2024 Dev Update

2»

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Thanks for commenting!

Would you be able to clarify some of the wording. When it says you can recall Victor at "any time", does that include while attached to someone on the ground?

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 151

Yeah, collision in dbd is a funny animal for sure. What I can say, is something does need to be done at the moment as blight either cant have the immense speed with 0 wind up or has to have collision.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,676

It should also be mentioned, that if Victor is planning on hitting a survivor twice, the survivor can make so much distance that they could just jump into a locker before the second hit, and be far away enough from Charlotte and she won’t be able to reach the locker in 10 seconds, even with the haste buff. This means the survivor will leave the locker, Victor will get recalled, and Twins just wasted a lot of time.

A 10 second locker hold for Victor, is no longer good enough. Victor should pull survivors out of lockers and latch onto them. Or the locker hold needs to be greatly extended, to give Charlotte a fair chance to grab the survivor out of the locker.

• dance
    dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75

It should work the same way that it does currently, just with a longer stun duration (and fun stabbing animation) :)

• dance
    dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75

We're reading all the feedback around the Dev Update, and will continue to do so once these changes are testable on the PTB, so if you can, please do test it out and let us know what you think.

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 507
    edited March 28

Could you at least tell us what victor being on a downoed survivor even does? You guys never said what it did.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Back to more slowdown/chase perks I guess no point running aura perks when 2/4 survs per lobby are running distortion

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,013

The devs did solid job with these changes. Hopefully For the people/buckle up is next on the radar.

• Coffeecrashing

I don't understand why nothing was done to address the survivors that weaponized DS against killers that weren't tunneling, because the survivors "didn't want to waste their DS"? Recently unhooked survivors were getting full healed, and then would try as hard as possible to bodyblock the killer, to bait them into eating their DS.

The counterplay back then was to make it a point to tunnel survivors off the hook, to stop them from offensively using a full DS combo, and it still applies now. If killers don't want to eat a weaponized OTR+DS (+possible DH) combo, then killers really should hardcore proxy camp, and make it a point to tunnel a survivor off a hook, just in case they might try to weaponize a full DS combo against them.

And BHVR spent years to figure out how to nerf Twins slugging…. then BHVR boosts DS even though that perk encouraged a lot of killers to slug survivors? I don't understand, does BHVR want to discourage or encourage slugging? And because of flip-flop, if a killer decides to slug someone to wait out their DS timer, they might be forced to let the survivor bleed to death, because the survivor might use that extra time to crawl somewhere where boil over can prevent the killer from getting them to a hook.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

I could always be wrong but looking at the add ons these are the add-ons probably being changed for twins they all either buff something that's being buffed in this ptb or have to do with crushing victor when attached which is now an outdated mechanic.

1. Toy Sword
    2. Tiny Fingernail
    3. Bloody Black Hood
    4. Baby Teeth
    5. Weighty Rattle
    6. Sewer Sludge
    7. Rusted Needle

I'm actually excited for these as 4 of these are probably gonna do something completely new and could change how we view this rework a lot. It also means the speed add-ons likely arn't being touched which is kinda terrifying tbh.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,437

OTR doesn't give you an endurance hit once you're healed. So you'd be injuring, then downing that survivor like you'd do a regular non-OTR gamer once they're healed. Then they can get their DS.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

For 3 seconds? I'd probably review that after the PTB - depending on feedback.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,437

Don't forget that it reveals auras of those within the terror radius, most of which average (iirc) about 32m. So they're within easy catch up distance of the killer. 15s would be understandable if they were on the other side of the map, though even Lethal Pursuer gives less than that when survivors and killers start on opposite sides and it's usually enough time for the killer to latch onto a survivor. 3s is fine when so close to each other.

• Arzorark
    Arzorark Member Posts: 8

Victor being used for both injures and downs is a mess of an idea. I get what it's meant to be for, but it still is clunky: why not just have Victor start to drag the body back to Charlotte by himself while you are in control of her and closing the gap? BHVR already has AI for multiple Killers and, sure, it's clunky and unreliable for Nemesis or Knight, but the goal here isn't to chase or anything of the sort: it simply is to close the gap as best as Victor can while taking into account terrain.

Nemesis' Zombies rarely get stuck anymore, so Victor shouldn't be as well. I do not understand why it isn't a thing when they are stated to be, well, twins.

• JDecker
    JDecker Member Posts: 21

"Nerf the Ultimate Weapon" itself is welcome. This perk has been too strong until now. However, there are roughly divided into three doubts.

1. Is it really a good thing to change to a perk that makes survivors' auras visible instead of making them scream?
      A unique feature of this park was that it detected survivors by making them scream rather than revealing their auras. Survivors may adopt Calm Spirit to counter UW, and UW also has aspects that increase the value of Calm Spirit, which was often neglected by people. I don't think it's a good thing if UW loses its originality and becomes a park similar to Darkness Revealed, as it will reduce "the variety of parks and game development" for both the killer and survivor sides.
      In addition, survivors will also be able to perceive when they suddenly become Blindness state, even if they don't scream, that they are affected by this perk. There are cases in which a survivor may not notice that they have been affected by this perk, but only "if they do not pay attention to their status HUD" or "if there is a possibility that they will be in Blindness state under other ways".
      Therefore, I don't think there is any much benefit in not make the survivors scream. It is doubtful whether that advantage outweighs the disadvantage of being countered by one Distortion.
    2. Cooldown of 60 seconds is too long.
      Why is the cooldown of UW so different at 60 seconds while the similar perk Darkness Revealed has a cooldown of 30 seconds?
    3. Will Distortion not be nerfed?
      There are many doubts regarding the Distortion specifications, so I would like you to consider not only changing the UW, but also changing the Distortion.
    • Isn't the maximum number of tokens 3 and initial value 3 too safe?
    • There are other ways to prevent Scratch Marks from being seen by killer, such as walking and various perks, so I don't think it's okay to remove "effect that allows you to run without leaving Scratch Marks" on the Distortion.
    • Isn't it strange that when the survivor is within the Terror Radius, the "token recharge speed" is the same whether the survivor is 3m or 30m away from the killer? If the survivors want to recharge their tokens quickly, shouldn't they take correspondingly greater risk, such as more getting closer to the killer?
    • On the other hand, I think that Distortion doesn't have to be the only perk for survivors to counter aura detection, and there should be multiple other options.

• Coffeecrashing

What part of the OTR rules says the endurance deactivates if someone is full healed by someone else?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,013

7.5 out of 10 pretty good changes but DS just gonna become a problem again. I'm all for tunneling getting nerf but how will this be any different from the last time DS was meta. Strong players will use it offensively again.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Offensive-use DS will be an issue. It wasn’t good enough for anti-tunnel so I am happy it’s getting changed, but with the longer stun it previously was (and once again will be) too easy to use it aggressively against killers that are not trying to tunnel. 5 second stun is fine if it’s truly only useful for anti-tunnel, but that’s not the case at the moment.

Most of everything else seems okay. No problems with the nerfs to UW and Adrenaline, both perks are still going to be good. Haddonfield changes seem promising as well based on what was described.

I don’t know how to feel about the Twins changes, I need to see the PTB to get a better feel for them.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,613
    edited March 29

At first glance it looks nice overall.

Also, depip being removed is a breath of fresh air.

I always felt compelled to play harder and harder to reach rank 1.

Now I will be able to relax a bit and be nice even when in the red ranks.

👍️

Post edited by drsoontm on
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Maybe. I guess I was thinking that aura time should be more in line with other aura perk such as I'm All Ears, which gives a longer time. 3 seconds feels too skimpy, especially if it's a radius and 3 seconds may be unnoticed if a survivor somehow sneaks around a blind spot. I do hear what you're saying though.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,520

Thank you for doing these.

As for the update itself? I’m excited for the new shop!

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

Nah, I've had games as Bubba where people blocked my chainsaw with OTR while they were fully healthy because they still kept the endurance.

It Should deacticate the endurance when you get fully healed IMO, but it doesn't

• Horrorcomicnerd
    Horrorcomicnerd Member Posts: 54

Glad to see the store get updated after all these years. Adding the Collections tab will help make finding things much easier and I am guessing if say the Iron Maiden Collection got more skins, they will also go under the Iron Maiden tab along with the skins already released. Good update overall.