March 2024 Dev Update

Options
GentlemanFridge
GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,271
edited March 28 in General Discussions

Developer Update | March 2024

By PeanitsLast Updated: 2:57 pm

Spring has sprung, and so has a new Developer Update! In this post, we’ll share everything we’ve been working on for our next update. As always, these changes will first head to the Public Test Build on Steam. We encourage you to give them a try if you can and let us know what you think!

• [CHANGE] Reduced the time it takes to switch back to Charlotte to 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds)
  • [CHANGE] Reduced the time it takes to unbind Victor to 0.75 seconds (was 1 second).
  • [CHANGE] Reduced the time it takes to charge Victor’s Pounce to 0.85 seconds (was 1 second).
  • [NEW] Added the ability to recall Victor at any point while he is unbound.
  • [NEW] Added the ability to change between Victor & Charlotte near a hooked Survivor. *

Dev note: We have made switching between Charlotte and Victor more responsive and given the Killer the ability to recall Victor at any time so they feel better to play.

* Be warned: The anti-face camp meter will still fill if you’re too close!

• [CHANGE] Updated 7 Add-Ons.
  • [CHANGE] Victor’s Pounce no longer latches onto healthy Survivors.
  • [CHANGE] Victor can no longer be kicked after successful pounces which do not latch onto a Survivor. 
  • [NEW] Victor’s Pounce now latches onto Survivors when they are put into the dying state. Other Survivors can crush Victor during this to help the dying Survivor. Victor will automatically return to Charlotte after 20 seconds.
  • [NEW] While Victor is attached to a Survivor or holding a Survivor in a locker, Charlotte gains a 10% Haste effect. This effect will be lost prematurely if Charlotte hits a Survivor.
  • [REMOVED] Survivors near Victor while he is latched onto another Survivor are no longer revealed by Killer Instinct.

Dev note: Previously, The Twins’ Power heavily encouraged ‘slugging’ (leaving Survivors in the dying state) since Victor could chain together pounces on multiple injured Survivors, but only pounce a single healthy one. Furthermore, Survivors could often save each other before Charlotte could make it to them.

We have flipped this around: Victor will now be much more effective at injuring multiple Survivors and instead assist Charlotte – who now moves faster while Victor is latched on – in picking up the Survivor. This makes it possible for Victor to both injure and down a Survivor without being forced to switch back to Charlotte in between.

• [NEW] The Visual Terror Radius accessibility setting will now include Victor’s grunts.
  • [NEW] Victor will now glow red whenever he is vulnerable to being crushed.

Dev note: We have updated the Visual Terror Radius to include Victor’s grunts to improve accessibility, and added a red glow to Victor whenever he is vulnerable to being crushed to improve visual feedback.

• [CHANGE] Improved collision detection to reduce cases where The Blight slides off objects.

Dev note: It could be frustrating to slide off an object you were trying to bump into and end your Rush prematurely. We have improved the collision detection to make The Blight’s Rush more consistent. This also fixes an issue which allowed The Blight to incorrectly slide along obstacles and lunge around tighter corners than intended.

• [CHANGE] Updated map layout and reduced the overall size.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced the length of hedges and fences to create more openings.

Dev note: The map’s long & narrow shape and rows of unbroken fences and/or hedges made getting around very time consuming. We have reduced the overall size and added more openings to make it easier to traverse. 

• [CHANGE] Adjusted various houses to reduce the strength of strong loops.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced the number of houses in the map. All remaining houses can be entered.

Dev note: Many houses were closed off, making the map larger without any room for gameplay. We have reduced the number of houses that spawn, though each one that remains will now be open and playable. We’ve also reduced the strength of some of the strongest window loops to be fairer and more interesting to play.

• [NEW] Added pallets and lockers along the edge of the map. 
  • [CHANGE] Updated street tiles to feature more pallet loops.
  • [CHANGE] Adjust pallet loops in park tiles.

Dev note: The outdoor areas were fairly empty before, encouraging Survivors to make a run for the nearest house when they were chased. Since we’ve reduced the strength of houses, we have added some additional loops to the street & edges of the map to spread out chases and reduce deadzones.

• [CHANGE] Increased stun duration to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
  • [NEW] Added a new stabbing animation when Decisive Strike is used successfully.

Dev note: The Survivor is locked in place for part of the stun while they are being dropped by the Killer, so it didn’t leave them with much time to run away once they hit the ground. We have increased the duration of the stun to give the Survivor a fair chance to create some distance.

While we were at it, we added a new animation which plays when a Survivor successfully uses Decisive Strike to break free to give some visual flair to the Perk.

• [CHANGE] Adrenaline no longer activates if you are hooked when the gates are powered.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced speed boost duration to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
  • [CHANGE] Adrenaline no longer causes you to wake up when facing The Nightmare.

Dev note: Adrenaline had a lot of exceptions which made it difficult to play around. If a Survivor was hooked while the exit gates were powered, they would be healthy and receive a substantial speed boost upon being unhooked, making it very difficult for the Killer to catch them before they could escape. We have made it so Adrenaline no longer pauses when you are on the hook.

We’ve also removed the wake-up effect when facing The Nightmare to clean up the Perk as we’ve moved away from Perks that affect specific Killer Powers over the years.

• [CHANGE] Now reveals Survivors aura instead of causing them to scream.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced activation time to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
  • [CHANGE] Increased cooldown to 80/70/60 seconds (was 40/35/30 seconds).

Dev note: Ultimate Weapon was a jack of all trades, providing both information and a consistent way to interrupt Survivor actions (allowing it to synergize too well with other Perks). Rather than screaming, Survivors will instead have their aura revealed. This means it will no longer interrupt Survivor’s interactions, though Survivors won’t know that they are being revealed to the Killer.

Since Ultimate Weapon is easy to activate, it was possible to keep its effect active throughout the entire match. We have increased the cooldown and decreased its activation window to ensure some downtime between uses.

• [CHANGE] Removed the ability to lose a pip.

Dev note: With Emblems being used solely for monthly rewards these days, it felt needlessly punishing to lose a pip after a rough match. This quality-of-life change will make the Emblem system less stressful. This also applies to Modifiers – you can enjoy these limited time modes without worrying about your grade!

• [CHANGE] Visual overhaul to the entire store menu.
  • [NEW] Added “Specials” tab to highlight items that are on sale.
  • [NEW] Added “Collections” tab to find cosmetics from a specific collection.
  • [NEW] Added bundles, containing multiple items at a discounted price.
  • [NEW] Killer mori animations can now be viewed in the store.
  • [NEW] Added a weekly gift that can be claimed for free.

Dev note: The store hasn’t changed much since it was introduced in 2018. This update makes it easier to find what you’re looking for and allows us to bundle content together at a reduced price. For example, it’s now possible to purchase an entire DLC pack through the in-game store rather than purchasing each character separately.

• [CHANGE] New Tomes & their respective Rifts will now open at the same time as the update.
  • [NEW] New Rift Bundle option, which grants the Premium Rift rewards & a 20 tier head start at a discounted price. 

Dev note: Rifts have historically opened the day after our Mid-Chapter updates, but no more! You can now get cracking on those challenges right away. We have also introduced a new Rift bundle which includes the Premium Rift Pass and 20 Tiers at a discounted price. (The Premium Rift Pass can still be purchased separately if you prefer!)

Until next time…

The Dead by Daylight team

Post edited by GentlemanFridge on

Comments

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 454
    Options

I dont like the Twins changes, moslty the fact you cant attach to healthly survivors. I dont see why that needed to be removd.

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 106
    Options

Please, for the love of God, do not break Blight….

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,279
    Options

My thoughts:

Twins-Update looks nice. It also does not look like they are weaker than before, but less clunky and should be more enjoyable to go against. Victor also still has snowballing potential, just with injures instead of Downs.

I think, overall more healthy and from my perspective also more enjoyable to play.

Haddonfield:

Will need to play on the map. But so far the changes look solid, but it all depends on how strong or weak the Windows and Tiles are now. Their track record will most likely mean the Map will be a giant deadzone, but I hope I am wrong.

Perk Udates:

DS:

Meh. Most boring change they could have done. And it will not help much. Maybe Killers will respect DS now, but honestly, they will most likely push through it. It is way too beneficial to just tunnel, even if you eat a 5 second stun instead of a 3 second stun. I think they should have added something more, stealth for some seconds (no grunts of pain, no blood, no scratchmarks) OR a big haste effect OR disable the Killers power for a certain amount of time.

But this version of DS is better, but will not do anything against tunneling. It is just a bad bandaid. (Let alone that AGAIN you will have to equip a Perk to not end the game without achieving anything on 3k BPs...)

Adrenaline:

Too hefty of a Nerf. Removing to wake up against Freddy is fine and 100% justified. Not holding Adrenaline when hooked would be a fair nerf as well, even if I am not a big fan of it. But lowering the Speedboost is rather...eh. Considering that it is a one-time use which is only granted at the end of the game and might not even have an impact when triggered (e.g. when you are outside of a chase while healthy), it should not be nerfed that hard.

Ultimate Weapon:

IMO too much of a Nerf. I think they should keep the screeming, keep the Cooldown at 30 seconds, but remove the lingering effect. So a Killer can open a locker, gets information right away and the Perk is on a Cooldown of 30 seconds.

Emblems:

THANK YOU BHVR FOR THAT ONE!!! Removing Depipping is one of the best changes ever. Removes at least a bit of frustration when it comes to bad games, depipping is just a thing of the past.

Archives:

I dont hate the 20 Tier Headstart, I will not use it anyway. But I wish they would have added infinite Rift Tiers for those who completed the Rift. Just 10k BPs per Tier in the Free Track and 100 shards or so in the Premium Track which will open once the Rift and Deep Rift are done. I always complete the Rift before or during the Release of the third tome, so for weeks I dont get anything for completing challenges or Login-Rewards. Would just be nice to give something to the very active players.

• typervader
    Options

The fact you cant attach victor to healthly survivors, losing a large part of your pressure and power for no reason is what i mostly dislike. It feels uncessary to remove that part of the power, along with the killer insncit and reaveal.

Seems like Twins will be way more one dimeosinal and boring, as all victor is good for now is getting injuries.

Please, reconsider parts of this rework. I do like everything else.

-A twins Main

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Obviously too early to say for sure but the twins rework does not seem promising, Freddy mains you should be scared

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,958
    edited March 28
    Options

We'll have to test it out of course, but the way I'm reading it is they're now basically only good at chain injuring people (a worse Legion) except Charlotte is an m1 with haste (boring for everyone involved, see SM).

Hope I'm reading their changes wrong.

Curious to see the addons too.

• typervader
    Options

Same. They are praobly stronger but all the uqnuie aspects of twins are gone. No pressiring a single survivor with victor latchg while you chase someone else (which i what i liked)

I wish they make being able to latch victor onto survivors an option you can swap between.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

overall W changes. i've complained about solo q feeling miserable and neglected - these changes won't fix every problem i have with it, but they show BHVR is willing to make improvements to the solo experience, something i had previously been worried they were missing. glad my doomerism was misplaced and hope to see more improvements in the coming months.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,737
    Options

Love the DS buff, the Haddonfield changes sound good, and I am glad ultimate weapon got nerfed.

The Twins rework overall sounds ok, though Victor not being able to attach to healthy survivors sounds like it might hurt as it's now on Charlotte to get an M1 hit in order to use Victor.

Adrenaline change is awful though and completely unnecessary.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options

It was more of a fix for blight than nerf. It was just an environmental fix

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,231
    edited March 28
    Options

If Twins are going to get a huge nerf where Victor is forced to latch onto survivors that he knocks to the ground, then Charlotte needs a really decent chance of reaching the survivor before a teammate heals them.

I’m at an MMR level, where I’m very often getting survivors with boosted medkits, or perks that can very quickly heal survivors. And it’s super frustrating when a teammate heals the survivor before Charlotte can reach them.

And I’m supposed to be forced to switch back to Charlotte instead of letting Victor defend the survivor that’s on the ground? How does this work? A teammate does a 2 second crush animation, then can still instant heal or quick heal the survivor before Charlotte can reach them? How is that fair?

Everyone should be aware that if Victor is now going to hit survivors twice, then the survivors might be very very far away from Charlotte when Victor finally knocks them to the ground. Much farther on average than on the live servers. Giving Charlotte a minor speed boost really doesn’t compensate this. Maybe she can get a larger speed boost as long as she is walking in the direction of the survivor Victor knocked to the ground?

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

True but SWFs could also counter slugging Twins, tunneling, and Blight easier than solo could so overall I think these changes benefit solo more than SWF.

If I’m reading it right then they seem to also have removed hug tech which is a nerf.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,558
    edited March 28
    Options

there is nothing that doesn't say twin will not slug because the change do not fix the problem to why twin is slugging. The reason why she is slugging is because survivor can hold-w after a hit so when survivor does go down, Charlotte is 60-70 meters away from pick-up.

With victor being able to hit survivor twice, this becomes even more of an incentive to slug because only reward you get for not slugging is being able to attach victor to slugged survivor to gain messily 10% haste bonus. Why do i care about that? I don't. Biggest buff here is Toy sword base-kit. I wonder if you'll able still use toy sword and I hope there is add-on to increase the victor attach timer to 30-40 seconds because 20 second is too low.

I don't think twin is going to any more popular than it is now.

Adrenaline is still meta, unchanged. the problem with health-state, not speed boost.

Ultimate weapon: This perk is not dead but the whole reason why a killer was using ultimate weapon was to counter distortion. Now ultimate weapon is countered by distortion. This perk might be stronger then previous iteration of the perk because survivor doesn't know when they are detected by the perk which current version does tell them that they are detected by the perk. The perk is buffed and nerfed. Buffed if you do not run distortion, nerfed if you do.

Decisive strike: This is pretty much meta. Now I am just going to see 4 decisive every lobby for high MMR, so great.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Thank god, I can take off Calm Spirit finally.

That said, Face the Darkness builds just got a huge indirect buff.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,996
    Options

I'm skeptical about the Twins change. They feel bad to play because you always feel like you're spinning your wheels. You down someone, plod halfway across the map to pick them up, then hook them. It's tedious. That whole process might be worse now that you're essentially staying on Victor for both states. The survivor can (and should if they're sentient) hold W away from Charlotte as far as they can. You'll have consistent situations where you have someone downed all the way across the map and have to walk all the way.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It's much harder to slug effectively with them as you are hard capped at one survivor being downed by Victor. Their strength was that you could down a player, latch on another, and potentially pressure a third all at once. Now once you've downed a single player, your choices are to go pick that player up (which is more reliable as they have to get rid of Victor to get back up) or look for another person, which is about as effective as any other killer slugging.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,958
    edited March 28
    Options

Yeah I'll really have to test it out to see exactly how it's working. If I can instantly recall Victor after the down to immediately send him back out +the other buffs she got..this might be a buff..to even slugging. As you said, I couldn't care less about a haste on Charlotte. Immediately sending Victor back out just sounds better. Some inconvenience having to travel Victor back from Charlotte each time, but sometimes a good thing. With all the other buffs she got, which are substantial, that might actually be a lot more improvements than negatives to slugging Twins. I'm a little more hopeful now. Especially them not being able to take Victor hostage anymore is huge and Tiny Sword base kit sounds juicy.

I'm starting to wonder if these changes might actually do the complete opposite of what they're wanting lol. Unless I'm reading it wrong and you can't recall Victor immediately after downing someone when he attaches..then they're looking like garbage.

Ultimate Weapon doesn't look too bad, but it being another perk completely countered by Distortion feels bad.

DSx4 will be every single game again.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Snowball potential with injures, LMAO then legion must be a snowball monster. No, new twins have no snowball potential if the team they face has an average iq above 20. However its not like anyone played that monstruosity of a killer so idk just olay singularity he is better in every aspect and can actually snowball by slugging.

• BlightAbuser
    Options

Not if they fixed overall collision. It will be a buff to bump logic.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,168
    Options

I don't understand why people think DS is bad now either. It was meta when it was 5 seconds and i don't see why it won't be again. Personally it's on track for it to be a must have perk for me along with unbreakable and or plot twist.

Adrenaline change is pretty significant and i see it's usage dropping a lot. It not working on hook may be pretty frustrating to deal with. And the 3 second boost instead of 5 means it won't be enough to escape a chase in endgame. Right now the 5 seconds is enough for the survivor to make a lot of distance from the killer and make the killer lose the survivor. 3 second is the same as lithe/sprint burst so it will be very difficult to do that anymore.

Ultimate weapon is a rework. It will be better for some scenarios and some players i think. Personally i like this version a lot more because i don't like that the old one gave survivors a warning to start running. This one allows you to track them. Unfortunately distortion and off the record will make it a lot weaker and the 60 second cooldown is quite long so i don't think it'll be super popular.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 156
    Options

My thoughts:

Twins: I really can't say much on this since I don't play twins. I am looking forward to trying them out but I just don't know if the few Twin Mains out there will like this change or not. I know one of them isn't thrilled with the changes. Lynxi on twitter is pretty vocal on the thought these changes will encourage slugging even more and Twins snowballing is kinda dead. So who knows honestly.

Blight: I'm not surprised hug teching is going away. If ppl remember the devs said years ago they wanted to remove hug teching. Personally, I don't care either way since I don't play Blight and have no plans on playing him.

Haddonfield: Looking forward to seeing the updates. I hate Haddonfield just because other houses and all the strong windows. Hopefully, it feels better to play on for both survivors and killers.

UW: I'm not a fan. I think they only needed the cooldown nerf but it being an aura perk now just really kills the perk for me. It now joins all the other aura-reading perks where it is completely shut down by Distortion. I still think I rather run Nowhere to hide, Floods, or BBQ over UW.

Adrenaline: I really happy with this change since I never liked the fact you could get a free heal off-hook and it woke you up against a Freddy. Maybe it didn't need the speed nerf but overall I am happy with this change,

DS: Though I'm kinda fine with DS being 5 sec again but I do have my worries about it. Like Otz I still hate an anti-tunneling perk is locked behind paid DLC and think they need to make something free for survivors to use or do something base kit about tunneling. Also I still think DS will be useless against the top-tier killers(nurse, blight, and Spirit) and this buff will only really affect low tier killers even more. Overall two more seconds isn't going to do much of a speedy killer but it will greatly hurt the slower killers who are in B or lower tiers. Lastly, I'm worried about DS being weaponized against killers who don't want to tunnel. I can see OtR/Base kit BT and DS being used together to body block the killer from going after the unhooker and being forced to hit and then down a survivor. We have to see but I do have my concerns.

The rest: I love everything else! I hated depiping and I'm looking forward to the shop changes. Also I'm so happy we get to work on the rift day one of a new patch.

Overall it seems like a nice update but it does have some concerning issues. We just have to see how the rework twin plays out and how the buffs and nerfs to the perks will affect the game.

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 123
    Options

Adrenaline nerf is unnecessary and now nobody will use it, bravo bhvr on everything else tho

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,231
    Options

Ultimate weapon is an ultimate nerf, because Distortion will now counter it. The only good thing about ultimate weapon was that it bypassed distortion.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 313
    Options

yeah and downing survivors wont be satisfying anymore. Plus victor does all the work now so playing macro as 2 killers isnt as necessary. imo twins will be stronger but not fun

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 153
    edited March 28
    Options

Twins changes is definitely healthier than current Twins, though it still seems like slugging is the gameplan? Charlotte gets faster when someone has victor attached but Victor gets attached only via down and victor can't be kicked after a successful hit. Unless I'm missing something they didn't really fix the issue. Obviously this needs to be tested.

The blight changes I can't really say anything on because I don't know how much more Improved it is.

Haddonfield changes I need to see to know if it's better.

Decisive Strike isn't really that good of a change. It'll help against weaker killers sure but against S tier killers it doesn't do much. This seems to happen very often with balance changes. This feels like UB + DS is gonna come back.

Adrenaline is mostly good. I kinda wish they made it so dropping a survivor doesn't activate adrenaline but that's a minor gripe.

Ultimate Weapon I don't really know how to feel. It's definitely healthier but it is gonna make Distortion so much more common and that perk doesn't really encourage the most interactive gameplay. It also feels weird that they don't make screaming just not interrupt actions since the screaming isn't an issue with just ultimate weapon. I'm definitely gonna try it out during PTB cause I don't know how good 15 seconds is for killers that aren't S tier.

The pip thing is fine. Literally only helps with getting to iri 1.

And finally the store. I mean. Is it just me or is this game looking more and more like a mobile game? Cause it really feels like it to me. They even added a free gift thing similar to most modern mobile games. Maybe it's just me idk.

• HastuneMiku
    HastuneMiku Applicant Posts: 48
    Options

Not a fan of the adrenaline change. I think it needed changes, but this just makes it better for SWF and less useful for Solo Queue.

DS finally back on the menu. I think they should've went further and had it eat charges for killers like Nurse, Blight, Wesker, and Spirit.

I'll have to see the twins rework. I wish they just let you route Charlotte somewhere sort of like Knight only without the ability to hit unless you switch.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 115
    Options

This should help fix him actually. Right now he is technically broken as hug tech is a bug/exploit whatever you deem it.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,999
    edited March 28
    Options

I hope you’re wrong. The way I interpret this change is giving twins a solid downing power and ability to secure downs by making pick ups for the survivor harder and making it easier to get to them.

To me the most fun thing with Twins right now is attaching Victor and flanking a survivor trying to run. Anyone trying to take Victor hostage isn’t doing a gen so I chase someone else then come back for them when they maybe don’t expect it, or recal Victor as I’m chasing them and send him back out to secure the down.

I thought that making the transition faster, and making attached survivors hindered to make holding Victor detrimental would have been nice changes but I don’t know.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,279
    Options

Dont worry, I will accept your apology when you realize that Twins are still strong. So dont be shy.

• BlightAbuser
    Options

SHOULD…

Messing with collision has been horrific in the past.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 299
    Options

Huge W change on ultimate weapon, it's no longer the free game sense perk it currently is and more like a nowhere to hide but for lockers.

As far as Twins go love everything being faster that was the number 1 thing I wanted and I think the speeds they have listed are good, Victor not latching on to healthy survivors kinda sucks and cuz I used to play Twins like a better Knight where I'd unleash Victor fairly close to a gen get the hit then come from an off angle with Charlotte to get the down so that's going away which kinda sucks. Charlotte being 126.5% when Victor is one someone is interesting, I know the idea is to help Charlotte hook someone faster but why would I not just use it to down an injured survivor instead and create more pressure? Also thinking about it I don't think I'd ever wanna get the first hit with Victor now cuz they didn't change his cooldown on a hit it looks like and that recovery is sooooooo long. I think now you probably wanna get a hit with Charlotte then as they W key away have Victor finish the job.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,950
    Options

I have mixed feelings about the Twins update. Part of what I enjoyed about Twins was being able to use both Charlotte and Victor to down a survivor by having a survivor latched onto by Victor. It felt unique and it was one of the things I enjoyed about Twins. We'll see how it goes in the PTB next week.

Seems like hugtech is being removed. Interesting...

Haddonfield having reduced deadzones is great to compensate for the annoying houses. Looking forward to it.

DS change is more of a bandaid fix, but I'll take anything at this point if it means somewhat better anti-tunnel.

Adrenaline was fine as it was, it didn't need a nerf. Solo queue is about to be more miserable.

UW seems like a buff, but the Distortion meta hard-counters it so I guess it's an okay change.

I don't pay attention to my Grade often but whatever helps me reach Iri 1 faster for the rank reset reward.

I like the minimalism of the new store page and being able to access collections more easily. Solid change.

Archives, fine I guess?

Yeah, not a lot of stuff to talk about here. Kind of an underwhelming developer update but hopefully the Twins rework turns out to make them better to play as.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,817
    edited March 28
    Options

My personal takes of this developer update:

The Twins: The switching of when Victor latches on is a simple yet effective change, which makes the Twins more of a multiple-injure style killer than a slugger. This will be less infuriating for survivors and ought to be more enjoyable for killers. Feels like a good change.

The Blight: Absolutely fine with this.

Haddonfield: Sounds good on paper. Never sure with maps and I'm not the best judge of them, so let's see how the PTB goes. It's promising.

Decisive Strike: FINALLY!!!!! Back to it's much more effective self, and with a new animation as a little extra garnish. Delicious!

Adrenaline: Feels fair. It's frustrating to see a hooked survivor become unhooked and sprint off into the sunset with a new lease of life. Reducing the speed burst to 3 seconds is fine, and it still retains the main strength of a free health state when the Exit Gates are powered. I really like this.

Ultimate Weapon: This does make the perk come across as more manageable. A stronger aura read (I'm guessing the aura is viewable for the full 15 seconds), whilst being less frequent and disruptive. Feels a fair change.

Emblems: Fine! Great! Many have asked for it and now it's nearly here. Can't see anyone have an issue with this.

Store: Again, some lovely changes. I especially like the mori change, so newer players can see more fully what a killer gives. Nothing but good vibes here.

Rift: Not anything that bothers me much, but I'm never a fan of paying to get stuff sooner. It's not "pay-to-win", but it smells a bit along those lines of paying extra to get extra stuff sooner.

Overall, it looks great on paper, with the rift the only thing that feels off to me, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Great perk changes and the Twins could become more fun to play as and against. Another fine set of changes, so well done devs!

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 119
    Options

Disappointment with the Twins rework, they will remain unpopular. It was as easy to fix as giving them a button that would allow them to switch positions between each other, making it possible for Charlotte to immediately hook someone that Victor downs.

The change to Ultimate Weapon also seems rather silly to me. Now we have two perks that reveal auras by opening lockers.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 115
    Options

Twins: we will have to play vs it to really see. I would like to give an opinion, but this seems like quite a lot of changes to be made at once.

Blight: Biggest win if it gets rid of hug techs and what not. Even if you guess correctly which side blight is going to go around his speed is so insane that timing the stun is incredibly missable. I think blight not sliding off trees and random bs is a good trade off for losing the bug/tech/exploit that is hug techs.

Haddonfield: Again, will have to play on it to actually see what it looks like before giving an opinion. The map didn't seem like it was too big in my opinion. I think decreasing the strength of windows on that map is a move in the right direction, but I do not feel like that map is overly strong for survivor or killer in its current state, so I think some adjustments from strong windows to have some more playable pallets would be a W.

D Strike: Huge win, nothing more really needs said. I don't think there's anybody who will argue with this change. D strike as a perk just improves the game and incentivizes good and healthy game play and if a survivor is toxically body blocking is easy to wait out. Since it is single use as well, this will bring it more in line with OTR. Could add something that made it so nurse, blight, spirit cant use their ability for a short duration after it as well since they still will be unphased by this change in my opinion. Nurse will probably still be able to just blink right on top of you for example.

Adrenaline: I am not sure my feelings on this perk. I have never been that bothered by adrenaline. I do know it is strong, but I tend to think its weaker than people give it credit for. I think there could be an argument to make the haste not activate if you are already exhausted but keep the 5 seconds of haste. The 5 seconds of haste felt more like a problem when it was chained with something. For example, hit survivor through window, they get lithe speed boost, injury speed boost, then 5 more seconds of speed boost from adrenaline. That is some crazy distance. As far as not activating on the hook...I am not sure how I feel about that. For some reason I do not like it, but cannot justify my opinion on that.

Ultimate Weapon: Seems like an L to me. This seems even stronger than before, yeah you can't use it to interrupt totems, pig traps, dead mans switch but....idk that was a pretty rare use and wasn't really the problem with the perk. The problem is the massive amounts of information for doing nothing. Darkness revealed is okay because of the limited range, but this just seems like bbq for free whenever you want it. 15 seconds of someone's aura is also problematic as looping with aura as killer is very very very strong.

Emblems: I think its probably fine, I mean I would like to go back to the old system where you could depip out of ranks, but that's obviously a niche opinion. I would like some version of skill expression in this game though or some way for competitive players to get a competitive experience and if it's not through the emblem system, I wouldn't mind something someday in the future that could create that. Playing the ladder and going on winstreaks just requires a lot of effort and cooperation between people and is discouraging to that maybe diamond level player that doesn't want to put in the effort with that stuff. My friends and I went on a 75 game no mither streak before we just decided we didn't want to run no mither every game anymore. Kind of running out of creativity on my side lol.

Store: Cool that some improvements are being made, but on the off chance someone important reads this. Please...for the love of god...stop making outfits only work in sets. Or add a note when you sell them that you cannot use the cosmetics separately before the purchase. This has ruined so many of my purchases that I am just never going to wear because I bought them for the ability to mix and match them.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 64
    edited March 28
    Options

So, as Nurse, i can potentially have 15s of aura reading on someone, even more with Lethal?

Uh...

Edit: So apparently it's just 3s. Yeah, this perk is buried.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,683
    Options

i dont know about the ultimate weapon change.

right now i use bbq every game but i never see any auras except if i use black incense with plague cause that eats through distortion fast enough. survs hate 4 slowdown perks every game but everyone runs distortion lately so why should i bother using anything else

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

Why can't they just make Decisive Strike 4 seconds? 5 seconds was too long, 3 seconds was too short.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

5 seconds is okay. You won't even see it if you do not tunnel.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,558
    Options

I agree that muti-slugging is weaker for new twins is weaker. I still think that twins is going slug because survivor can hold-w around the map making it take too long for charlotte to pick-up survivor and hook them.

what the gameplay suggests in new twins is using victor down someone, you slug them, they get bounded. you are granted 10% haste. when you hit someone, you lose 10% haste and I am going assume that victor becomes unbounded. At least that is what this line somewhat implies.

"[NEW] While Victor is attached to a Survivor or holding a Survivor in a locker, Charlotte gains a 10% Haste effect. This effect will be lost prematurely if Charlotte hits a Survivor."

When victor is unbounded, you use victor again to down another survivor. you get haste 10% again, you use 10% haste to hit another survivor and so on. your slugging one survivor at a time to buff Charlotte then your using Charlotte haste to down injured survivors in which you can pick-up and hook.

I cannot really tell. they might better at m1 and worse at muti-slugging.

• dance
    dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75
    Options

For Ultimate Weapon, the Survivor's aura is only visible for 3 seconds.

Also want to give a thanks for everyone sharing their thoughts on the Dev Update :)

• typervader
    Options

Can you guys reconsider victor not latching onto heathily survivors? I think if you kept that with the new effect, and all the qol buffs, then they will be in a good place.