Adrenaline update

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
edited March 28 in General Discussions
  • [CHANGE] Adrenaline no longer activates if you are hooked when the gates are powered.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced speed boost duration to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
  • [CHANGE] Adrenaline no longer causes you to wake up when facing The Nightmare.

Dev note: Adrenaline had a lot of exceptions which made it difficult to play around. If a Survivor was hooked while the exit gates were powered, they would be healthy and receive a substantial speed boost upon being unhooked, making it very difficult for the Killer to catch them before they could escape. We have made it so Adrenaline no longer pauses when you are on the hook.

We’ve also removed the wake-up effect when facing The Nightmare to clean up the Perk as we’ve moved away from Perks that affect specific Killer Powers over the years.

Didnt expect them to change that much. I woulda at most did the perk saving on hook and the waking up. But had to go the extra mile i guess.

Comments

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    edited March 28
    Options

The first and third changes are good.

The second one not.

Countering the power of one of the weakest killers in the game was stupid.

Activating the perk after being unhooked was lame as hell and extremely unsatisfying for the killer when facing that situation.

5 seconds was OK, no reason for that nerf.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

Yeah I can agree with that. The heal is definitely the strongest aspect and it will still be a great perk. Most times when the perk activated the killer leaves them anyway so the speed boost change won’t have that big of an impact overall I think.

Honestly though my only issue with it was being healed after unhooked. As long as that change sticks I don’t care how long the speed boost is haha.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,939
    Options

I think people are overblowing how "bad" Adrenaline is now.

Ill probably still consider bringing Adrenaline into my matches, granted, it wont be as good as before, it definitely got a massive nerf, but I still think it is decent enough to considered "useable", if not "viable" given certain situations.

Im honestly surprised they didnt attempt to nerf it more, given BHVR's history of trying to gut meta perks. I thought they would have removed the Exhaustion and Speed Boost effect but they decided to keep it, which is the main reason why I consider it "useable, if not viable," if they removed that part outright it would not be worth running at all given the rest of the changes.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Almost like despite the constant screaming of "BuT BoTh SiDeS!" is clearly a distraction from one side receiving substantially more attention than the other.

No points for guessing which one of course =)

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

it does the same thing as before, still the best survivor perk ngl

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

The only boon that was ever meta was CoH and it only stopped being meta when the main draw of the perk was removed (the self-healing). Adrenaline still functions the same as it does on live with the exception of no longer healing off hook which isn't even a big deal as other survivors can still body block and you still have endurance off hook.

As long as Adrenaline provides an instant heal, it'll still see use.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,762
    Options

Solo queue people, don't waste your perk slot with Adrenaline. It's not gonna be worth it.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 306
    Options

Every perk sees use, this is irrelevant.

The point is that the pool of strong survivor perks to combat the current killer meta has shrunk again.

And now that a very old perk has been nerfed there's nothing stopping them from nerfing things like Resilience either.

I'm sure "both sides" players don't care as they can just go back to playing killer, but for people who main survivor changes like these are annoying to see.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,939
    edited March 28
    Options

"Do you really think Survivors have the luxury to run off-meta perks if they want to win?"

Depends.

• SoloQ = Definitely no.
    • SWF = Yes, since they can coordinate better to make use of off-meta things.

If you want to criticize a perk being weak, that's one thing, but I think your argument is better suited for talking about how BHVR is intentionally/unintentionally widening the gap between SoloQ and SWF with game changes, and in that regard, the new Adrenaline's design does not affect SWF but really is harmful to SoloQ.

• Crowman
    Options

Ah so you only play half the game.

Adrenaline is still going to be a strong perk, because an instant heal in mid chase or an instant heal picking up a slugged survivor is a huge momentum shift.

Plus survivors can 99% the final gen to proc adrenaline and the proper times and this is something you can play around with in solo queue. I've waited for a survivor to get hit or finish mending before popping the last gen just in case they had an adrenaline.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    Options

The speed boost change is kinda unnecessary imo, but the other two are perfect changes imo

Overall, I'm fine with this.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

That’s still a buff, or at the very least still a positive change for survivors. And it’s one of the most requested changes in the past few months.

This narrative is not valid. There is ONE nerf to survivor this patch and the perk is still pretty good. How on Earth does that mean BHVR favours killers?

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 171
    Options

adrenaline was too strong in soloq, it absolutely needed to be nerfed🤣

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 306
    Options

And then just like nerfed DS, a three second distance boost is not relevant against any of the top killers.

Adrenaline getting multiple slugs off the ground is incredibly rare for solo queue unless the killer is bad.

Adrenaline definitely should've lost the exhaustion component if they were going to nerf its distance so dramatically.

But this is just business as usual for BHVR, so I can't even say I'm upset or shocked, the perk will just become like nerfed MFT and people will target the next perk.

• snowcone5285
    snowcone5285 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Guys the adrenaline nerf isn't that bad because if you were to pair it with DH then you have a healed health state off the hook with no speed boost (sadly) but even if your teammates were to pop the last gen before you get hooked and somehow are still injured in end game you can loop the killer for sometime until the survivors open the gates and then use DH to get distance in the direction of the gates. Now I am a killer main, and I do not support this nerf to Adrenaline.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 741
    Options

Could get rid of the speed boost entirely tbh since you can literally sprint burst into the adrenaline sprint burst. Besides you can still bring hope and cover almost the same distance. But glad they removed the saving on hook. Ridiculous that I should get punished for hooking when everyone wants slugging gone from the game.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386
    Options

I don't care about DS and I don't care about Adrenaline as I'm not using any of those perks.

But I am just sad and mad for behavior doing things like that, maybe in 3 months my perks would receive some nerfs because some killers would cry about them?

• Crowman
    Options

The speed boost needs to exist so the perk does something once the last gen pops since otherwise a healthy survivor with adrenaline gets nothing.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 433
    Options

So I predicted 2/3 of these and those are fine, the speed burst time reduction is not needed imo.

It only works once and at the end of the game, perk isn't dead people are overreacting like always but they should either revert the speed burst change completely or just reduce it to 4 seconds.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 166
    Options

I don't really get why people are saying this perk is dead. It still is really good.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Dead Hard took a much harder nerf and people still use it, i don't think Adrenaline is going anywhere.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    Options

The nerfs are not going to make the perk useless.

People are criticizing it just because it's a perk that you can use it once and it's fine. Most tier S perks can only be used once depending on the condition.

Adrenaline not activating after hooking is the same thing as deliverance not activating if you are the first to be hooked or unbreakable not activating because the killer didn't use slug and the perks are still top tier. It's not like you're going to get hooked every time at the end of the game if you're using this perk.

the speed boost nerf it's kinda meh. adrenaline is only strong because of the free health state so it's like a bonus when activated. I don't really care if they revert It.

I think the nerfs are fine but I wouldn't care if everything was reverted.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Can someone link these notes? I don't know why its so difficult to find them every time I hear about it. Is there a button link on the main page or something?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Sounds fine to me. I'm all for people trying different perk combinations, so if this change is too dramatic for some and makes them change it up then great.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 76
    Options

It's still a free heal and a speed boost. All you have to do is don't get caught while your team finishes the last gen.

SoloQ is another problem entirely.