Tunneling by Region

Options
Lost_Boy
Lost_Boy Member Posts: 508

So tunneling has been like a hot topic forever on the forums and there's always a wide array of experiences people post on the various topics created in the forums.

It can range from I hardly ever get tunneled to OMG I just played 30 games and got tunneled at 5 gens in every game. I think a lot of these claims of extreme tunneling are really down to people making their own rules up as to what constitutes to being tunneled. People often get angry when they lose so it's easier to just say omg you tunneled me than own up to their own mistakes.

Anyway it seems like the most extreme cases of tunneling seem to be coming from the NA servers so I was wondering what peoples experiences are on different regions?

I'm on EU servers and I honestly don't see that much tunneling going on when I play survivor. I do play killer more, but I go through phases of playing survivor more once I start to become bored of killer. I would honestly say I see someone getting tunneled on average about once out of every 5-6 games when I play as survivor. There's been occasions where I do see someone getting tunneled for a few games in a row, but there's also occasions I can go like 10+ games over the course of an evening and not see anyone get tunneled so I've averaged it to around 1/6 games.

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

It's pretty much the same in my area. And just because it's a low MMR band, tunnels don't get dug that often, and even with high MMR, tunnels sometimes get dug, but countermeasures are taken, so the chance of a match being ruined because of a tunnel is not very high, there are some disadvantages. At least in the high MMR zone, unless you meet one of the world's best nurses or brights, no one will die in the tunnel in 5gen. If this holds true, there will definitely be a huge difference in the skills of the killer and the survivor.

• Mysore
    Mysore Member Posts: 8
    Options

I'm using google translator. Here in Brazil, because we don't have a large number of players like in foreign countries, 100% of the games I play the killer is tunneling with 5 gen up SOLOQ games, I have 4 thousand hours and I am played with players with 200 hours and they are camped and tunneled and removed from games with 4-5 gen and stays in this infinite cycle, I got to the point where I didn't want to play anymore, because every game the killer ignores me to tunnel the weakest link with 5 gen, guaranteeing victory for him.

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377
    Options

OCE. Small pool, Basically the same as our Brazilian friend here. Once you've got 2k hours you're in the same pool of 300ish people. Everyone knows eachother. Twitter drama is insane. 99% of solo queue games are someone getting run out at 5 gens. Killers just leave chase to return to hook. Its pretty boring. I went from 120ish hours a fortnight to maybe 10ish.

:(

• Nallou
    Nallou Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same here.

I've been playing for 2 years and it's become unbearable lately. Killers spend their time focusing on a player, hooking him and constantly coming back to the hook. If he is taken down, here we go again, the killer chases him even if someone tries to get in front of him, and if he kills someone else, he doesn't hook him and continues to pursue the other!
    It's boring and not fun. Even the anti-camp system doesn't work since the killers stand just 1 meter further away.

Seriously, do something for that please. I love this game but it's making me want to quit more and more.