Twins Rework: Make counterplay kicks around Victor's pounce ready state!

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
edited March 29 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am embracing the new direction of Twins to reduce slugging by allowing Victor to bounce around wounding everyone before going for a down. This is a good direction with the right intent...

The obvious problem is that this allows survivors to kick Victor after wounding a survivor... punishing Victor for landing a hit, so obviously this was removed... but creates the new problem that now Victor can hit you, can't be killed, and just runs you down and hits you again. He basically crawls up your backside and smacks you point blank, and there is little you can do to stop it...

So my proposal is allowing survivors to kick Victor when he is charging his pounce.

This makes Victor go for longer lunges, which themselves are easier to dodge, giving survivors some appropriate counterplay, but not punishing Victor for successfully landing his hits.

Now the obvious problem here, is hugging terrain denies Victor a shot, and Victor has to keep dropping pounce to get an angle, then faces issues of survivors baiting him and coming back to kick Victor in the face... though this might be fine with the faster charging speed of his pounce changes. If it becomes a problem, make Victor faster (say 6.5 - 7m/s) so he can get angles and reposition quicker, and if need be give him faster recovery on a miss... but the point is if he gets too close or doesn't pay attention to survivors around him he can get caught, and in response he can bait a pounce to lure survivors towards him and then commit, giving him a unique mind game.

Needs to be carefully made so it's smooth and functions well. I imagine the pounce may need to work like Hillbilly chainsaw where it has to dissapate (0.5s to dissipate from 99 to 0 perhaps?). It would likely need iterating on in the PTB to make it fair and smooth... but if it can be done, this I feel should make Twins more fun, pushing them to go for wild hits and long leaps, which are great fun to land, and make them more engaging to play against at the same time.

Comments