We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Testing the waters on a couple of perk ideas

Options
TWiXT
TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
edited March 29 in Creations

Killer:

Threatening Presence:

Your presence gains potency directly proportional to the amount of pain you cause your victims.

For every injured, down, or hooked survivor, your Terror Radius gains 1/2/3 meters in Radius.

For every Healthy Survivor, your Terror Radius reduces 1/2/3 meters in Radius.

Decreases Good skill check success zone by 20% for Survivors Healing within your Terror Radius.

Increases trigger odds of skill checks by 10% for Survivors Healing within your Terror Radius.

Survivor:

Leap of Faith:

Newfound Strength emboldens you to press on for survival, no matter how far you must jump for the opportunity.

After you or any other survivor has been Hooked, Leap of Faith Activates.

When falling from Great Heights while Leap of Faith is active, you benefit from the following effects:

Gain the Endurance Status for 3/4/5 seconds.

Any damage that would put you into the Dying State while under the Endurance Status will inflict you with Deep Wounds instead.

Endurance Cannot Activate If you are already under the Effect of Deep Wounds.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 64
    edited March 29
    Options

I like your idea for Leap of Faith : it's decently good without being too strong, and not too situational either. But it might be seen as a weaker version of balanced.

The two killers perks seems very niche. A 6m terror radius change won't give you much, and getting good skillcheck instead of great barely change healing speed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,085
    Options

Threatening Presence kind of sounds like a noob killer to me but not very useful against more experienced players. I don't like that. With a few tweaks it could probably be a very interesting perk though.

Leap of Faith sounds like a bad idea to me. Endurance mid-chase is never a good idea and you could also combine this with an exhaustion perk. I can already think of a few maps on which it would be absolutely disgusting.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited March 29
    Options

Honestly, I held back on both of them due to concern of what they could accomplish when combined with other perks.

Threatening Presence has the potential of + or - 12 meters to the killers Terror Radius. -12 when all survivors are healthy, +12 when they're all injured, so on the average 32 meter TR killer, that gives the killer a 20m TR in the start of the match when everyone's healthy and a 42m TR if everyone's injured/down/hooked. It increases the TR to give injured survivors more warning when the killers threat is at maximum, and lowers it when the threat is at its minimum. As an added bonus, it slightly increases skill check difficulty and trigger chances for anyone healing in the larger TR so as to apply some pressure on survivors, however this is where the potential perk synergies become oppressive:

Distressing: Turns the Average 32m TR into 40m, +12 from TP when everyone's injured, and you have a 52m TR on the Average Killer.

Monitor and Abuse: Raises and Lowers a TR by 8m in and out of chase. With TP, this can result in a Minimum TR of only 12m when everyone's healthy and the killer is out of chase, and a maximum of 60m when everyone's injured and the killer is in chase.

Unnerving Presence: Decreases Skill check Success Zones by 60% when and Trigger odds by 10% in the TR. Adding TP Makes Healing Skill checks within the TR 80% smaller, and gives a 20% higher Trigger Rate. That's nothing to sniff at, even for the more Skilled survivors.

Coulrophobia: Increases how fast Healing skill checks the dial rotates within the TR, and slows down Healing Speed. With a TP increasing TR, decreasing Skill check success zones, and trigger odds… you can make a pretty nasty anti-heal build with just these 2 perks.

This isn't even accounting the potential for Killers with oppressively large TR's like Doctor or Wesker. My original idea was to give TP a TR +/- of 5 at maximum which would've resulted in an additional 20m, but when I reviewed the synergies I decided to dial it down. Perhaps I should just remove how it affects healing skill checks altogether.

As for Leap of Faith… It has potential to be abused, especially in the endgame when running for gate, and on some maps can provide an almost assured escape, but when combined with other 2nd chance perks, and Exhaustion perks, it also can be a really nasty surprise for the killer. I won't go into all of the potential combo's, but one that stands out to me is Borrowed Time:

LoF activates when you are hooked, and BT activates when unhooked, granting 20 seconds of endurance. Getting unhooked at the endgame when a gate is open already practically ensures the rescued survivor can make it to a gate, but with LoF granting an additional 5 seconds just from leaping off a small ledge… yeah, I can only think of 1 killer that can directly counter that, and only with a specific add-on equipped.

My original concept for LoF, was to grant 10 seconds of Endurance, and 50% faster movement/unhooking speed if performed while a survivor is hooked. The idea was to give you chance to run in and quickly unhook a survivor without worrying about going down… but then i remembered old BT protecting both the rescued survivor and the rescuer… yeah, I don't want to go back to that, so I simply reduced it to providing a small boon of endurance to help you survive a chase, that can only be activated a maximum of 11 times… thinking about it though, that may still be too much, so I'll probably have to add another condition or restrict it to simply how many times you are hooked + how many survivors you rescue from the hook.

Idk, like I said, I'm testing the waters here. Thank you guys for your honest feedback.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,085
    Options

The problem is that experienced players have less trouble with bigger and smaller TRs. They'll know where to look for the killer and that mostly allows them to react no matter the TR.

Beginners on the other hand are often so affraid of the TR, that they will start hiding as soon as they hear it. When the TR is small on the other hand, they won't be able to react in time. That's my main issue with Threatening Presence.

I like that it has lots of opportunities for synergy though and with the right tweaks it could probably become a pretty interesting perk.

I like playing around with the killer's TR a lot but I think giving a perk much more than that is simply too much for more casual survivors and beginners to handle while experienced survivors might not have too much of an issue with it.