We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Myers "stalking music" return when?

Options
biggybiggybiggens
biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
edited April 9 in Feedback and Suggestions

When did they get rid of this? This is a sound that would play when Michael is stalking you for a prolonged amount of time. Why has this not been put back in the game? I mean you payed to use this music so use all of it that you can. That is really creepy. I never even got to experience that as I didn't play DBD when Michael was first introduced. Bring back that stalking tune damnit.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    Options

Only if it's Myers only who can hear it when it plays, otherwise it'll just be a nerf to him.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,592
    Options

I never experienced it because I started to play in 2018, but I'm glad it doesn't exist now. It add to the horror atmosphere and it is cool, but the trade off is nerfing Myers which is already a weak killer, not a good deal imo.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    Options

Good idea… Let's just get it back in the game in any form. I wish a dev could shine some light on why it was removed to begin with… Even if only the Killer can hear it, I feel it deserves to come back.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,724
    edited April 5
    Options

Oh my gosh please bring this back in some form. That's one of my favorite music themes from the original movie. Its so eerie. I distinctly remember it playing at the infamous Myers in the bush moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2KnRppWZI&start=36

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,129
    Options

Ah, tier up imminent. Would be a nice thematic addition and wouldnt have that much of an effect on balance since Survivors have lots of info on the killer nowadays, and this would barely make a difference. If anything it would help deal with tombstone which I dont think anyone would argue against that.

While were talking about thematic changes.. can we please have the following come back?

Doctor Madness Effects (Make a photo sensitive option)

Spirit Shatter Blade (Was only on the PTB)

Huntress' Lullaby being replaced by heavy breathing while in chase, (helped synergize with stealth perks back in the day)

Ghost Face Shrouded SFX

Pyramid Head PTB Chase Music

Myers, Doctor, Demo, Oni POV Chase Music

Trickster PTB menu theme

(pretty pls BHVR?)

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,472
    Options

Listening to that just unlocked a long forgotten memory of mine from DBD Year One.

Good times.

• Smoe
    edited April 5
    Options

I don't remember 100% the reason why but iirc, the reason it was removed back then was because it alerted Survivors to Myers presence whenever he tried to stalk, which would cause them to run away immediately and thus making it harder for Myers to generally stalk, especially during Tier 1.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 103
    Options

this is so good and I get goosebumps when I hear that (thank you for that short clip). Michael needs a complete overhaul, and not just of his abilities, perks and add-ons, but also a model overhaul with additional masks and such. I know this is a license thing, but I think it's about time. This killer is so old now and I think Mysers made Dead by Daylight what it is today. He deserves a lot more love.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options
  • moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 63
    Options

Huntress losing her lullaby when in chase actually makes her synergize with Beast of Prey hahah.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,129
    Options

It wouldnt of synergized back then tho since Beast of Prey only got rid of your red stain :)

But yeah it would actually make sense on her if they brought it back

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,219
    Options

Bring it back if Myers has been stalking a survivor for an extended period of time at a distance but as a tradeoff give him a bonus for doing so.

I would love for it to make a return in any capacity though - Great tune.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

That would be a nerf to one of the weakest killers though (if we ignore the tombstone piece)

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 104
    Options
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Wouldnt say that ascends him as much as tombstone piece. As in tournaments he only gets played with unlimited tier 3 on Hawkins with heavy perk and item restrictions for survivor and he still gets outed

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,985
    edited April 6
    Options

Or make it to where that's the sound que for him leaving tier 1, I definitely don't want to nerf Myers but this sound needs to be brought back, you could even make it like a small buff where when he leaves tier one this sound plays to all and he stays undetectable until it's over but during that short time he has his tier 2 benefits and it leaves survivors wondering if he's right there on the other side of the wall or not

• Smoe
    edited April 6
    Options

It would still be a nerf to Myers in the end.

Regardless of how you do it, if you give Survivors a sound cue that alerts them to the killer's presence, they will check their surroundings and quickly run away as soon as they see you looking at them since it's not hard to spot Myers in the distance, it doesn't matter if you make it into something that all Survivors can hear regardless if you're actually nearby or not, the outcome will be the same no matter what.

It has to be audible only to Myers no matter what, it is the only way you can bring it back in anyway without turning it into a nerf in the process.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,985
    edited April 6
    Options

But there's already a sound there for the tier up so how would it be a nerf? That other music would be way cooler for a tier up and then leave the tier three que the way it is, I think you're misunderstanding what I mean , I don't mean stalk music I mean use this music as the sound when he hits tier two instead of the sound that's already there

• Smoe
    edited April 6
    Options

Yes, i misunderstood you, i thought you meant have the stinger play for all Survivors to hear whenever Myers is stalking a Survivor.

However, i'm still gonna disagree with the idea using the stinger over what we currently have as the current tier up sound is perfectly fitting enough as it is and doesn't need to be replaced but something that feels less fitting for when leveling up a tier.

Again, just use the stinger for when Myers is stalking Survivors and have it be audible only to him, that's all they really need to do, anything else is completely needless.

• Panabas
    Panabas Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 17
    Options

It's definitely wonderful, I hope they have a use for it somewhere such as a custom TR.