We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why does Boil Over have a Secondary Effect?

Options
Lixadonna
Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111

When you just add second floor hooks like in Ormond?

Comments

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Yes, this hook was so unnecessary. It was so easy to hook someone even with boil over and flip flop, when you broke a wall and carried them instantly. It‘s not like this perks only useful purpose is too wiggle free from second floors. If the devs really don‘t want survivors to that, they need to change the perk instead of taking away its only use.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 184
    Options

Exactly add a secondary effect only for it to be 100% useless in the end, thompson house got the same treatement with the added hook as well. I knew they was gonna add hook to ormond main because it was being complaint about like any thing survivors get.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,400
    Options

So that you can't use a map offering and repeatedly run to the unhookable zone

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 390
    Options

Hook can be destroyed, sabotaged, body blocked and all that

You are never meant to be consistently unhookable

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

Why does BHVR keep making perks that can guarantee the killer can't be hooked. Sabo builds at least take 2 people and coordination with a limited number of resources meanwhile old boil over you go to 1 spot and killer spent 45s chase for nothing.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 184
    edited April 7
    Options

Once upon a time when there was about 10 lesser hooks(when boil over got its first updates) (first nerf) boil over about 15+ hooks added on each maps.

Killers have iron grasp/agitation and that op putrid oak add on to help them to hooks but no ofc killers never want to use their perks unless its annoying aura reading or boring gen slow down. To me survivors run way more different perks than the current 2 stale metas killer run aura reading or gen kicking.

Oh also I did not play dbd when it was fresh but once upon a time i hear hooks could be 99 and perm broken so it sound to me the opposite that bvhr at first DID wanted survivors to wiggle off.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,635
    Options

Come on survivors are gonna be unhappy no matter what the killer runs just like killers will be constantly unhappy what survs bring.

Right now i run a full screw your pallet build and survs complain that i take there one way of prolonging the chase away...

No one will ever be happy with what the enemy brings as long as it works