We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Please kindly rework Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain.

Options

As the title implies, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain has become almost ineffective now. This is due to the fact that Hemorrhage only lasts a maximum of 90 seconds. Consequently, survivors can deliberately maintain their injured status within this timeframe, keeping their health at 99% after 90 seconds, thus entirely avoiding the penalty of Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain and the risk of remaining injured. This renders the Perk somewhat absurd.

I used to admire the design of this Perk in previous versions. It offered survivors the choice to either slow down interaction speed while healthy or maintain it while injured, both options posing a threat to survivors. It was one of the few Perks that discouraged killers from tunneling specific survivors. However, now its effectiveness has significantly diminished as survivors can now actively evade the penalty.

One might argue that keeping survivors in an injured state within 90 seconds poses a threat to them as well. However, if that's the case, I could simply tunnel survivor that just be unhooked without taking this Perk. Wouldn't that be more efficient? In essence, do you desire the tunneling of specific survivors? Does this mean the previous iteration of Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain was a failure in your eyes?

Please consider reworking the entire effect of Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain so that it can regain its previous potency, even without specifically tunneling survivors.

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,001
    Options

That seems like a bug... the way the perk is worded the haemorrhage and mangled effects should be separate from healing penalty...

I haven't seen in play from survivor side, but if it's not applying the slowdown effect after being healed, then that should be reported as a bug to my mind 🤔

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    Options

op isn’t talking about the perk being bugged

Survivors can outright negated the penalty by 99ing their healing and then tanking a hit to avoid the penalty

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

GOP should be reverted as whole to old mangled and hemorrhage

The perk is a scourge hook and it was considered one of the worst because it only applied to one survivor

Now In it’s current state it’s very useless to use with how survivors can 99 their healing

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,763
    Options

It is a terrible perk. It needs buffs

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 433
    Options

I'm confused. Why would Survivors 99 their healing? The gen speed would still apply whether you're injured or healthy (unless you run Resilience, maybe?). It only goes away when you get hit again, and an injured Survivor would just go down again, so losing the repair speed penalty would mean nothing in that case. 🤨

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    Options

It would also be great if they fixed the slowdown bug as soon as possible, as there have been 2 hotfix patches and no fix in either of them:

Seriously, how they manage to bug this killer one way or another with every new patch they release, even when it has nothing to do with him?

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 554
    Options

I used to play survivor (I haven't played for 2 months), but I was still against this nerf in the "mangled" state, the problem was the "slop Butcher" which gave two very strong effects just by hitting a surv, I would prefer them to be nerfed the "slop butcher" removing his hemorrhagic effect (since the perk was good even without this effect being buffed) and buffing "Bloody echo" which no one uses because it is too situational,
    or simply buff the "gift of pain" so that its "mangled" is infinite, as is the case with some exposures where their effects need to be removed by survs and not by time

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited April 7
    Options

the penalty only happens when the survivor is healthy

The old version of this perk gave you 2 advantages

1. Survivor is one shot down after they’re unhooked and they can’t 99 because perma hemorrhage prevented it from being a thing
    2. Survivor will suffer a penalty after being fully healed which gives you an advantage and a little slowdown

Mangled and hemorrhage nerf make this perk absolutely worthless with its main effect being avoidable

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,444
    Options

i'd just rework perk to apply 16% healing penalty and repair penalty. no mangled or hemorrhage.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

how will that work exactly? Like will it work with the survivor injured or healthy?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,444
    edited April 7
    Options

very simple perk.

You are the bringer of sweet pain.

At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks:

The auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white.

Each time a survivor is hooked, the survivor suffers from a 10/13/16% action speed penalty to Repairing and healing.

You hook someone, they get gift of pain debuff for entire trial. It does not stack. It is another pain res, grim embrace perk that incentives spreading hooks but the reward is -action speed instead of gen regression or global gen-block. Likely won't happen because… someone at bvhr HQ hates -action speed since they make sure to nerf it.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

that’s a really neat rework

Maybe we’ll get something similar to that if BHVR ever revisit this perk

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,938
    Options

I still don't get why they desperately wanted consistency with Mangled and Hemorrhage. GoP is the one perk that needs the permanent status effect (until healed obviously) because it's literally a perk that requires you to take the time to put the survivor on a scourge hook.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 390
    Options

Honestly I don't even believe sloppy nerf were needed at all, that perk was hardly strong despite being meta

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,816
    Options

Agreed. I think putting a time limit on Mangled is neither here nor there, but the time limit on Haemorrhage as well basically makes the effect worthless.

The most it needed is to deactivate on hook. So it remains a useful tool for hit and run, but doesn't completely negate perks like Resurgence.