We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Suggestion: Add a Ranking System above Iridescent 1

Options
a3six
a3six Member Posts: 11
edited April 7 in Feedback and Suggestions

We all know that hitting Iridescent 1 doesn't provide any much other than a bloodpoint reward after the end of the current Season. So that I was playing Heartstone back in the days and I've seen how their ranking system works, I'm not a fan of "If you win rank up" and "If you lose rank down" because most of the times a victory behind every competitive game is so complex that rewarding a player for the final score I've never felt was enough, I'm a fan of the emblem system Dead by Daylight provides for example, I think judges better a performance of the player both sides in the best way possible.

But what I envy about Heartstone that DBD hasn't is what comes next after hitting the most prestigius rank, which is the Legend rank, it's a score system that goes out of scope of the traditional ranking system and is basically an incremental score which does at the same time as leaderboard for their region they get that score.

I'm just gonna paste what I've found from the HS wiki to make clear what I'm referring to:

source: hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Ranked#Ranks

Basically if you are for example at 275 (like from the picture) you're ranked amongst the best players in your region, and we all know that HS is a competitive game but relies a lot on RNG (like DBD does), I think this comparison is fair in case you disagree, and that the nature of the asymmetrical gameplay doesn't belong to what most FPS or Battle Royales are, the measure of comparison that I found the most fair was HS, but I might be wrong and doesn't matter of course, what I'm trying to make you realize is how brilliant is their system after going the most prestigius rank which is Diamond for HS:

source: hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Ranked#Ranks

I mean it's similar to what most SBMM systems are obviously, but the Legend system DBD could also be taking example from, and provide a way to make this game engaging for those who want to play to show the world how good they are.

It should be optional, and also rewarding in case you hit it, but it's a niche only the most hardcore players are gonna partecipate in, and that could also be a way to divide the waters between the casual player fanbase versus the competitive mindset fanbase of Dead by Daylight.

Let me know what you think.

PS: I'll also link the DBD ranking system to make an easier comparison between HS's and DBD's

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Grades

source: deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Grades

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 961
    Options

And once you've maxed the legendary grade you want a super-legendary grade or something?

Joking aside, I don't see the merit of this and reaching Iridescent I is not prestigious at all, it literally boils down to playing a lot within a given month, especially once the depip is gone with the next patch.

• a3six
    Options

Fair enough, it's actually becoming easier to rank up because they're going to delete the ability to lose a pip, and it's easy to hit Iridescent 1 at this time as well. What I suggest is that maybe adding more steps before hitting Iri 1 could be a solution to make it harder to reach the Legend system.

Answering to what comes next achieving the Legend grade, simply it's something similar to a leaderboard and goes from the greatest number to the lowest, being number 1 in the score system means you're for that season the first in your region, this could lead to rewards obviously, but what matters is that you have a chance to see who're among the best players with you and they'll be known to the public if want to compete above, I think you can't really ask for more since it requires so much time and skill to get there, and the fame this also leads on I think is enough sort of.

• a3six
    Options

Also to be correct the score you get at Legend in HS is kept forever and not only for the current seasons, it's like an actual form of leaderboard nonetheless an interesting ranking system both.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 961
    edited April 8
    Options

But that's my point: you're in fact not "the best", you're simply the one who plays the game the most. Imo, a leader board is pointless for that.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 393
    Options

And give even more BPs

Yes

• a3six
    Options

I understand what you mean, in reality this would show how much you play the game and your skill in a form of like a mean value, time is also a factor that determines the level a player is at, it's not the MCD thing but contributes to it, is important in my opinion.