We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Last survivor should be able to self recover and should be given chance to unhook

Options
weareweebs
weareweebs Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 10

Double standards the developers have here, if the last survivor cannot get a chance to unhook themselves even with deliverance which is very unfair only because their reasoning isn't to waste killer's time then killer shouldn't be able to slug the last survivor, when the survivor has no way of getting up by themselves. Slugging takes 4 minutes, and getting to stage hook 2 takes 60 seconds, faster with scourge hook. Why are killers allowed to waste our time? Please be consistent with how you are treating one team because there is a clear bias towards killers.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,816
    edited April 7
    Options

It would be a pretty effective deterent to slugging for the 4K if the final survivor had a second chance in any condition, whether they're hooked on first stage (guaranteed unhook) or in the dying state (basekit Unbreakable). It would mean that no matter how the killer dragged out their hunt for the final 2 survivors, they would have to re-catch whoever they left til last.

It would decrease the number of 4Ks in general, by a little bit (after all the hatch race still favours the killer), but then I'm of the position that 0Ks and 4Ks should be extreme outliers, with most games being either a 1K, 2K or 3K (with hatch escape or otherwise).

I'd also like there to be a similar mechanic to help the killer secure at least one kill most of the time in the name of balance. It would be funny if the exit gates only allowed 3 survivors out, then blocked for 30 seconds. Forcing the final survivor to find hatch or evade the killer for that time. Would cut down the exitgate teabagging too as 'the last one out is a rotten egg'.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 921
    Options

Or let survivors to bleed out faster, so neither side can waste time?

The hell is this logic. Because on side can waste my time, I want to be able to waste time too?

It's not like survivors are not able to waste killer's time, right? Like waiting next to an exit gate…

Or simply hiding as last two survivors and refuse to even try work on gens.

I would rather try to fix current ways how to waste time then create more of them.

• Seraphor
    Options

The last 2 survivors hide because it's almost guaranteed that the first one found is damned and the last one only has a chance if they hide and then find the hatch. It's an inevitable snowball.

It would be better if the snowball didn't exist and 4Ks (and conversely 0Ks) were much more difficult to obtain.

As it stands, and killer can basically guarantee a 3K becomes a 4K by wasting time.

• VomitMommy
    Options

I am fine with nerfing end game for killer, if you nerf early game for survivors too.

• Seraphor
    Options
  • VomitMommy
    Options

It would be funny if the exit gates only allowed 3 survivors out, then blocked for 30 seconds

It might be funny for SWF for few games.

That would feel bad for soloQ…

Last survivor on hook, it would be so hard to get 4k out, so most survivors would just leave asap, which I find boring.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 390
    edited April 7
    Options

So what you want is, a bleed out from the killer ONLY to secure 4k

because if last survivors are granted free unbreakable, killers would just wait until third survivors bleedout so he can pick up last survivor immediately after he became "last survivor"

Not to mention the fact it is extremely easy to just hide for 30 seconds

Survivors have two gates, and they don't even have to go there, finding hiding survivor within 30 seconds is nigh impossible as hiding is extremely strong to the point it can be considered as holding game hostage

Maybe it could work with killer instinct, but it's honestly stupid and at that point I'd rather keep capability for 4k, as it wouldn't really feel that bad to getting 4k anyways but it'd feel extremely bad to be left alone by 3 player swf or anything like that

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    Options

Sure, they should get a free escape.

I am fine with the chance for the last survivor, even with deliverence but only if they get BT only if the hatch is closed. It would be a nonsense that if you hide the whole game and you was never on hook only the others you could still get out just because of luck.

And as others mentioned - no only killers can, and not only they do waste the survivors time. It is the same on the other side. And seriously you talk like it would be an eternity. It is FOUR damned minutes at max. I think you peoplpe are just too new and the games are too fast since you play. When gen slowdown was a viable strategy, and even without it matches was longer.

Also many times the killer would like to hook a survivor, but they just crawl to the corner. Now they should get a free, guaranteed second chance? Or the killer should be forced to hook the 3rd survivor (in a 2v2 scenario) so the 4th will get a huge chance to get out? Why?