We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

I'm hoping Freddy gets an update soon

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,486
edited April 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I played killer because all I got tonight was Oni and Nurse so I thought screw it won't do much but I'll play a different killer just so other survivors could have something different(I know it's not the case but still) yeah played Freddy and realized how terrible he is since he doesn't have much map pressure I don't know if it was matchmaking being well matchmaking but by the time I got even a single hook two gens had already gone by. I feel like either A. He needs just a power rework in general or B. His add-ons need some kinda of overhaul just so he can have some kind of map pressure since the dream won't do much yes there are fake pallets and snares but that's mainly for chases plus oblivious terror radius doesn't do a whole lot in my opinion. So I feel like Freddy should get just a little TLC just so he can at least have a little pressure.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,048
    edited April 8
    Options

Freddy needs a rework. Desperately. Ever since his initial rework the devs failed to hit the sweet spot between broken and weak when it comes to Freddy.

He went from a killer many considered weak to a killer that was considered to rival Nurse in strength and now he has fallen pretty low. He is unimaginative, uninspired, weak, feels like a watered down version of other killers and is the one killer that is punished for hooking and killing survivors. Sure, devs, I'll just start killing survivors without hooking them. All at the same time. The problem is, nobody will like to play against a hardcore slugging killer.

He only has a chase power when survivors are asleep, which is not exactly hard to avoid. And even then, his snares aren't great. They're Clown's purple bottles in worse with less versatility since he can't throw them over a large range. Clown even has the yellow bottles on top of that. Freddy's teleport has a huge cooldown and it only gets worse as the game progresses. He starts the game with no power and he ends it with almost no power. That's 1 good thing about the Adrenaline nerf though. At least Freddy will no longer be countered by it.

I play him somewhat regularly because I've come to love his animations but my lord, you feel the lack of power.

@GeneralV probably has some more insight on this topic.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,204
    Options

I am hoping for some news after the anniversary event, because he has been in need of a "dework" since 2019.

Post-rework Freddy was powerful, but already boring and unimaginative. Now he is both weak AND boring. As much as I love the character, I don't think I would main him if I hadn't started playing DBD before his rework.

Other than the teleport, I don't think his current power is worth salvaging. I am hoping for a change like Hillbilly's and Sadako's.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,486
    Options

You know I realized I didn't like old Freddy because I thought well you have to put survivors to sleep just to hit them. Without realizing it was still useful since you could see auras and such. If anything they should try a mix between past and present Freddy. He puts survivors to sleep and can see their aura from long distances but remove the teleport since it basically is useless near the end but maybe keep the dream snares or something.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 287
    Options

Freddy isn't weak because he has no map pressure, he actually does have map pressure. What makes Freddy weak is the fact that Survivors have complete control over his power. If they constantly keep waking up at alarm clocks when they've finished a gen or are about to go for an unhook, you can't utilise any of your anti-loop or deception (depending on if you use Snares or Pallets). On top of that, Freddy relies on Survivors being asleep to recharge his Projection faster.

Freddy needs the same rework treatment as Onryö. His 3.0 should be a mix of Dream Pull, Dream Projection, Snares and Dream Pallets. I'd say make Dream Pull and Dream Projection base kit, and lock the Snares and Dream Pallets behind add-ons. That way, at base, he would be able to be in control of putting Survivors to sleep while at the same time being able to locate them easier, and have map pressure with more frequent teleports.

Then after that, they should redesign his Projection to make it so he can teleport to all generators, regardless of whether they're blocked or fully repaired. Allowing him to actually have a power at the end game.