We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is Hiding in a Locker for the Entire Match Reportable?

TieBreaker
TieBreaker Member Posts: 941

I just played a match against Xeno, where a survivor went to shack at the start, took every turret available, set them up, and jumped in a locker. They stayed in that locker for the entire match, only coming out to do loops of the gen in shack to get rid of the birds. They refused to do anything at all that match.

Is that reportable or just bs that we have to deal with?

Best Answers

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,502
    Answer ✓

I think you can report as griefing. Dude has way too much time on his hands

Answers

• Rigbeta
    Rigbeta Member Posts: 185

It's kinda tricky, arguably, they're just utilizing a playtsyle that may or may not benefit themself. But it definitely sounds like a time wasting "Refusal to participate in normal gameplay" which is indeed reportable.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited April 8

I think that qualifies as griefing

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 819

Its not taking game hostage... I think people missunderstood what that means.

But its is reportable if this survivor did not participate in game - did not loop killer, was not doing gens. Or if their behaviour reaulted in other survivor death

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 684

That's probably grounds for a griefing report. Idk why people wanna waste their and others time like that

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 372

Im honestly not sure on this. I don't think there is any rule that can really apply unless the devs decide it can. It definitely isn't holding the game hostage if they could be killed and you knew they were there. I don't know how it could qualify as griefing either. There are no rules that say survivors have to play as a team or save resources for the others.

I'm also not sure what constitutes as normal gameplay. I want to say that I know but if it requires doing gens, helping teammates, etc... Then half the solo queue teammates I get paired with would be banned for hiding in corners all game or going for flashlight/sabo saves.

• Nazzzak

"Griefing," in the context of gaming, is when someone goes out of their way to annoy other players. Taking all turrets and creating your own shack fortress falls under that, IMO.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Killer can't kill or even find infinitely hiding survivors, locker hiding is enough to be considered hostage situation

• Moonras2

Yes but if they set all the turrets up there and stayed at shack, I'm not sure they were unfindable. I could be wrong, I didn't see the match. It sounds like they were just trying to be annoying.

See, I'm not sure how the developers see this though. It would be nice if maybe @Peanits could chime in. To me, seeing teammates crouch hiding behind objects and not doing anything is also annoying. Or someone doing tomes, chest, or totems but not touching gens. But these are not bannable or considered griefing as far as I know.

Someone taking all the turrets and using them to hide out at shack is selfish and would also be annoying. But not really any different than the former if they are doing it for survival.

Im sure they were doing it as you said, to be annoying. As well as going out of the way to do it. But in the unlikely event they were doing it to ensure their own survival, would it still be griefing?

I'm not trying to say what they did was right by any means. There just seems to be no clear definitions with what is what in this game or what is considered normal gameplay.

My other big question is how did they manage to get and keep all the turrets there before anyone else could place or take any?

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

That's griefing the turrets are limited to 4 and take a minute to respawn

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

I don't think so. Dude clearly had a plan of playing for hatch and building a fortress to protect themselves.

Is it annoying? Yes. Would you be in your right to flame him? Yes. Was he breaking any rules? Possibly but I don't think so.

If BHVR didn't want people to play in this way they wouldn't have made perks like Left Behind and Self-preservation.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

The turrets being used for shack means the rest of the players have no defense against xeno's anti loop

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

I'd say it could be reported as working with the killer/griefing since they are actively removing the other survivors main defense against the xeno's tail

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Probably picked them up from the station whenever one got destroyed

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,727

It sounds rather annoying but I doubt it's reportable.

Not participating in normal gameplay really should be removed from the report because it's simply not true. Chest Protector, Farming, Sabo Squads that won't do gens and other meme-y things are not bannable so I don't see how this would be.

Holding the game hostage only applies if two+ people are actively hiding to prolong it. One person making a fort to hide in isn't holding anything hostage.

For griefing you'd have to prove he's doing this to try and hurt his teammates and not just protect himself. If someone wants to play super selfish they can; there are even perks designed around it.

Considering the billion challenges it could also be argued he was working on something specific.

If you banned people for hiding in lockers all game then brand new players would likely get banned.

Again, this is certainly annoying but I doubt it's bannable without the player themselves admitting to try and grief.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

If they hide right from the beginning of the game it could possibly be reportable as non-participation, but if someone starts hiding the moment the game goes south, that's not reportable.

• Moonras2

Yeah I kind of hate how they work. I wanna say someone could've just gone in and took them but that would've been a slow journey walking with them.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

Correct, I'm not arguing that guy wasn't going in planning to sacrifice the other 3 for a chance at hatch. Not saying it was nice but they did have a plan for escape.

• Neaxolotl
    edited April 8

It's realistically unfindable if survivors ONLY exits the locker with sole purpose of avoiding crows

If we go in technicality, we can always find survivors unless they are cheaters, but in reality it's impossible because killers can move and see only so much

If that was the case, body blocking single survivor for an entire match would not be considered as hostage because other survivors can progress the game

I believe if you need other players to progress the game, that's enough for hostage

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

Its griefing. You have to use recording software because using the ingame report system to report ingame behavior is a waste of time.

• Moonras2

I understand that they are unfindable under normal circumstances of locker hiding. But in this case they had loaded the area with turrets. At the very least it would give the killer a reason to search the area and lockers around it. As xeno they could even exit a nearby tunnel and possibly see their heartbeat when exiting.

Again, I'm not saying I condone this by any means. I don't even know if it qualifies for any kind of report is more or less what I'm saying. it seems to open to interpretation.

If I saw it once I'd probably find it funny but if I already had a bad day of solo queue I'd just be more annoyed lol. Setting up every turret though means they had to be taking the time to do something at some point, even if briefly.

This is one time I really would love to see the match from different perspectives.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    edited April 9

Those are two very different scenarios though. The person chilling in the locker isn't stopping the other 3 or the killer from playing. They are hurting their team by using resources selfishly but everyone can still play the game. It's just like if one person uses all of the Nemesis/Wesker cures for themselves.

A survivor blocking another survivor is the same as a killer blocking a survivor. It's preventing someone from playing all together which is where holding the game hostage comes from.

I should have worded my earlier statement a bit better as I didn't mean that was the only way to do it. It's just the only one I brought up. That's my bad.

Edit: Added to my post.

• Neaxolotl

A survivor hiding in the locker is stopping killer from playing UNLESS other 3 survivors generously participate in game and allow killer to play the game

Seems very same to be honest

• ohheyitsbobcat

IDK, that'd be in the same vein as arguing an AFK person is holding the game hostage since the killer can't play either. It doesn't really work that way.

In our scenario at least the killer can just grab them from the locker if they stay and if they don't then nothing is stopping them from breaking the turrets and chasing.

• Neaxolotl

AFK person doesn't actively hide, so eventually crows will appear and just get hooked by killer, game will ends

This is with expectation of that survivor is seriously hiding and only doing things to avoid crows, if that's not the case problem would be different

• ohheyitsbobcat

I still wouldn't consider it hostage taking unless all the survivors in the lobby are doing it since the game is progressing and all individuals can still play.

I really don't know what that'd even fall under unless the person themselves admitted to wanting to try and stall/grief the game.

I tried to find a dev/mod response to hiding all game or refusing to do gens but couldn't. As far as I know they've never commented on if an individual hiding all game while the team does objectives is bannable or not.

I only found people like us debating back and forth that it is/isn't with no proof otherwise. If you know of any Dev/Mod comments on this issue, I'd love to read it.

Even if I am wrong and it is bannable, I still think you'd need admission from the offender at the very least since you wouldn't be able to record said person doing nothing all game; unless the recorder was also doing nothing.

• Nazzzak

I guess because playing stealthy, and doing tomes, chests, totems, etc, isn't necessarily done with the intention of annoying your team mates. Those things earn you individual emblem points as they're still objectives. I get what you're saying, that it can be hard to determine intent, but i'd liken this scenario to someone running around the map dropping every pallet. They know those are useful to their team, and there's no good reason to take them out of the equation unless you were going out of your way to ensure every one had a bad time.

• Moonras2

Oh yes that is annoying too. I haven't seen anyone do that in a long time. There's just too much in between for me to know what/if any of that is bannable. Without an official response