We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Please prevent the same killer back to back

Options

….or give us the option to wait longer in queue to not get the same killer over and over.

I had Thana Legion 3 times in the last 4 matches and I get to the point where I just cant muster up the will to persist and give the match my attention and try.

I would rather wait for 5 - 10 minutes in queue than get the same tedious killer back to back. Though I would take Bubba back to back any day of the week tbh

Comments

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,635
    Options

while i absolutlly understand that this can be frustrating i think this could lead to problems.

when you play 4man swf then its less of a problem but matchmaking would have up to 4 killer that cant be matched in q if its four random survs. matchmaking is already struggeling to find fair and fast matches and while the q times right now could be one or two minuts longer without anyone having a problem in dont think matchmaking could handles this.

also from what i see in my region as a killer main i have instant qs there is basicly no wait time but the streamer i like to watch has 5 to 10 minutes qs as survivor. that means we already have more survs in q then killers if we now as an example say that lobby x cant have blight, wesker, huntress and nurse cause those killers got encountered last by the four random survivors we could have a real problem cause those are pretty popular killers. now the system needs to look for a killer player that fits there mmr and that plays another killer.

im sure you get what i try to say matchmaking would get even worse and i can still remember the time not to long ago when surv q times got higher and higher and no one liked 10 to 15 minutes q times just cause there where no killer players

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,723
    Options

I get what you are saying but some of us would take quality over quantity in these cases.

I can actually tolerate obviously scuffed matchmaking as far as MMR of team mates clearly being lower and I can bring up the energy to participate. But honestly going against the same killer, especially something as tedious as Thana Legion or hit and run Sloppy Wraith etc… I struggle to be involved in the game and it doesn't feel fair to either my team mates or myself.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 390
    Options

Pretty sure BHVR never mess with something that causes matchmaking problem

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Apparently they have not touched matchmaking since they increased the soft cap last year…

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Lmao… calm down champ.

I don't care if I HAVE TO WAIT longer to not get the same killer back to back, there are more than 4 survivors in the queues at any time and putting people in matches they don't want to play is not going to create a fun match for anyone involved.

As for Thana Legion complaints - Legion is a weak killer and I have thousands of hours as survivor and have no problem remaining injured against a weak killer like Legion. However Legion is tedious to verse with cheap/free injures and while you may enjoy playing mending simulator, I find it absolutely mind-numbing when I have this crap back to back. I am sure I am not alone in that…

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I have over 4k hours, I know how to verse Legion but 99.9% of the solo queue team mates I have do not. They continue to heal after every deep wound and bunch up on gens, along with running the killer to me.

Thana Legion is incredibly tedious to verse and yes I am thinking of myself but also if you force people into miserable matches they don't want to play, it ultimately affects everyone including the killer.

I am also "not set dressing" and I cant be motivated to play and enjoy a match I do not want to play. Forcing me to endure back to back mend-fests is also selfish - it goes both ways.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I am happy, I just don't want to verse the same killer back to back to back

Forcing people into matches they don't want to play isn't a solution to anything, everyone loses in that case.

As I have repeatedly said, I am more than happy to be personally penalised 5-10 minutes waiting for a lobby than to endure something like Thana Legion 3 times in a row.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 593
    Options

Again, no-one is forcing you to do anything. You purchased and installed the game of your own volition, each match you queued up for was of your own volition, every one of your four-thousand hours was done of your own volition. You take the good with the bad, that should have been your takeaway piece of knowledge from your first 15 minutes. You keep telling people you're happy, but I'm not sure who you're trying to convince. Happy is accepting that things like this happen, happy is moving on, happy isn't brainstorming a way to kneecap the matchmaking system to avoid something that is a rare, minor nuisance at best.

You won't be personally penalised, everyone will be penalised. A modifier to the matchmaking system will affect matchmaking as a whole, even if all it does is effectively remove players from said system and place them in their own queue. You're looking at things from entirely your perspective, neglecting the fact that this option would be available for everyone to use, not just you. The Killer player wouldn't even have the option to opt out the system, and come a Tome or event that requires a specific Killer for challenges, or come the release of a new Killer, they're probably not going to get a match at all.

Games would take longer to find while this system would do nothing to curb the entitlement issues that frequently end games early. You could wait 20 minutes for a game and still have it end in essentially 30 seconds because someone got downed early and died on first hook, or they still didn't get a Killer they wanted to go against. Your system wouldn't fix that, and I understand it wouldn't be supposed to, but for the system to be baseline functional, the least it would have to do is offer something of reasonable value while not making existing issues worse.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    Options

So… I am asking this from you. On this path. What will be the next? You can exclude skins from the que? Or perks? I do not want to play every game against adrenalin/hope, buckleup/forthepeople players. Just like many other killers.

So survivors should wait longer for a killer who would like to play against it? Or it should be banned in the lobby? You see how bad it is?

Or every survivor could ban a strong killer. So even if I bought it I cannot play it at all.

Meanwhile I understand that playing against the same killer can be boring and frustrating trust me, playing against the same perk combinations not better at all. And this path would only ruin the game altogether.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,318
    edited April 8
    Options

Please prevent the same survivor perks back to back.
    Any survivor using any perk in my last match should be forced to wait longer in que so I have a match I personally enjoy more. I don't care about them. RIP que times for anyone using popular perks.

Replace that with killer and that's how you sound. People rightfully are calling out the selfish entitlement to get a match you personally want at the detriment to others.

Just stop playing the game if it bothers you so much that a killer you don't want to face might get picked. It's in the game so it might get used. You accept that possibility when you que up. The same way killers accept the risk of going up against another meta perk squad.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

No, prevent the same killer back to back. I was very clear.

No point answering the additional million pointless questions you added to strawman me.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    edited April 8
    Options

Then don't dare complain when survivors just go next and don't want to participate in the match.

Edit: and you are facing essentially the same thing as killer as survivors are just skins either way. Killers are very distinct and have unique powers so trying a direct comparison of both sides is flawed.

Its the same as getting the same map back to back for either side, it is tedious and easily avoidable and doesn't necessarily mean dramatically higher queue times.

• kaoraku
    Options

Pointless question? They are in the same mentality like yours. Sure, it is easy to dodge my question with that. But you do it only because you know that if you do, it would make your own suggestion pointless. Also it shows that you think only your fun is important, nobody else's.

But then without "additional million pointless question". Your idea is horrible, and I hope it will be never in the game. I do not want to get penalized because somebody do not want to play against something. And if it would be every in the game, then I would expect the same like i said for perks. Because it is unfun for me to play against the same perks back to back. And then good luck for the 2-3 hours que.

• kaoraku
    Options

I never complained. It is not my problem if they ruin the match for 3 other people.