Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does Sadako do Anything?

13»

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Glad someone realizes they gutted Pig. I used to love Pig for the same reasons as Onryo, the macro game play. They basically destroyed it and turned her into just another anti loop killer like the other dozen. She lost all her uniqueness.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

Not entirely. You can still play her this way. I main Pig for over 2k hours at this point and still get a lot of headpops.

I memorized a ton of box spawns through the years, so I can still play her this way. If you still want to play macro-Piggy, I strongly encourage you to use BBQ. It helps a lot with learning survivor pathing and box locations.

I dont get why she had to be nerfed at all, when the buffs arent even that noticable in normal gameplay. Shift w and pre dropping still disables her ambush completly. Only last will and workshop grease TOGHETHER gives the Pig a fighting chance against shift w. This does not compensate for nerfs in my opinion. Luckily she only lost the auras and not the time. At least there they listened to us. The real winner in this update was the Johns medicla file addon, allowing the Pig to actually use her stealth effectively.

• YayC
    YayC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 102

Very insightful. The fact that not only have I escaped VS her literally every single game but I have only gained 3 stacks of condemn max the entire match that she pushed while playing against her tells me all I need to know about her strength. The only thing that is making her viable is that people are confused about her power.

I taught my friend how to counter her in literally 20s the first time we played against her and she also has never been close to being condemned from the 20s it took me to teach her. As a survivor you not only have complete control over her power but you have complete and total information about everything she can do. Even the addon that's entire purpose is to confuse the survivor (VCR) can be countered completely because of the aura changes in 3.0.

Giving survivors all the information they need and the counters to a power with 0 downside makes a killer literally powerless no matter how good you are with them.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,121
    edited April 13

Page 3 behavior. With all the threads on her still and 3 pages on this one. ☝🏼

I think this Merits at least a “We can take a look”

It’s so much feedback by so many people which isn’t good given we had so many reworks on her.

• radiantHero23
    edited April 13

So you played against one Sadako that didn't know how to play effectively...

That is supposed to say what now?

If you play against a Pyramid Head that never hits his attack, he's also super simple to play against.

I have to again disagree.

Sadako can be pretty strong in general and even unbeatable in one scenario. As someone with almost 1k hours on her, I think I know what I'm talking about. I win very consistently with her. Even without slowdown. I also play against people that call themselves comp players pretty regularly, so my opponents are (usually) not stupid.

• Donyjunior
    Donyjunior Member Posts: 23

Some players don`t understand that the condemn power is not there to kill anyone. The condemn effect primary function is to make survs lose time delivering tapes. If they neglect this task, they gonna be punished with death. Her power lies in her capacity to patrol gens with the TVs teleport hitting survs that are working on them. She is not good on chases. The correct way to capture survivors is to hurt them first, leave and come back later to take them down by surprise or in a better spot.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,121

Most people do understand this. Condemn can be a viable way to kill someone but it relies on survivors not shutting off TVs.

My 2 biggest issues with her. The poor stealth ability which I think we can all agree on at this point, and there are no downsides for holding a tape. Only upsides for the survivor .

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,175

my current problem with sadako is the fact that survivor can consistently play flawless vs every aspect of her ability, from television teleport's, her non-existent anti-loop invisibility and her entire condemn passive.

The current only way for sadako to gain value out of her ability is to drag out the game for +10 minutes to activate her condemn ability but vs efficient gen teams, games won't last 10 minutes. they'll be long over leaving the killer with no kills or 1 kill at best.

@radiantHero23 mentions pyramid head. Survivor can make mistakes vs his torment & cages and ranged attack. other killers are never power-less because there is opportunity to make plays. Sadako, there is no opportunity to makes plays with her power. most of my wins when i have played sadako in regular maps are just m1 killer wins. I am winning faster by optimizing my m1 play then optimizing her ability. that what i find problematic.

• radiantHero23

Our experience seems to differ wastly. I play Sadako very differently to much success. I never chase people too long and excessively tp to build up condemned. Its always poking at every corner of the survivor team until something breaks. Then the game ends.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,175

my experience is similar to YayC. you can poke at every corner of a the survivor team but there won't be anything that breaks for her ability vs a strong team on most maps. it is too safe. you can only win with sadako's ability with large war of attrition where survivor doesn't optimize gens alongside tapes. her mori and invisibility ability is too dull. the gameplay is not sharp enough. it would better if they buffed television condemn to like -5 condemn on TV's so the war of attrition was survivor sided but improve ramp up of condemn. anything to elevate her ability would be more fun for the killer. Unfortunately, i do not want to argue about her position in the game. I have already lost that argument.