We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Some Trapper buff ideas

Options

I have a couple of ideas for some buffs to Trapper to make his overall gameplay flow feel a little better:

1] When hooking a Survivor, one random disarmed trap is returned to the Trapper's hand, provided he has capacity.

If you've played Trapper, you've been there. A trap all the way on the other side of the map, taunting you with its aura, but if you go to get it, the time you spend trekking across the map will lose you the game.

With this change, all of Trapper's traps will eventually come into Trapper's setup area as the game goes on. You'll still have to go around collecting traps to set up at the start, but you'll eventually get those far away traps as a reward for progressing the game.

2] When picking up a Survivor from a Trap, the trap will re-arm after 5 seconds.

This will allow Trapper to spend less time resetting traps, and more time playing the game. 5 seconds is a good amount of time to allow for a pallet or flashlight save, and also prevents Trapper from accidentally stepping in the Trap he just picked up from.

The Trapper will still have the option to hit a Survivor with a basic attack if he does not want to rearm the Trap.

3] When a Survivor is Trapped, the Trapper gets a 10% Haste Status Effect until the Survivor is freed or another Survivor is hit.

I'm not too sure about this one, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. If Victor can grant Haste then honestly it kinda makes sense for Trapper as well. Survivors are pinned for less time in a Trap than they'll be grabbed by Victor generally, so the Haste will be less effective on him.