Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Can Hatch spawn on the second floor of maps?

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,497

Can the Hatch spawn upstairs on maps like Ormond, Hawkins and Midwich?

Answers

• Samatrain
    Samatrain Member Posts: 80
    Options

It shouldn't, so maps like Hawkins, Midwich and The Game you should just patrol the bottom floors. I remember a couple years ago the hatch would spawn sometimes on the upstairs of RPD but that's probably fixed by now. Maps with defined main buildings shouldn't spawn them on upper floors either.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 300
    edited April 12
    Options

I had a match on the Temple of Purgation, where the hatch spawned in the basement.

Unrelated, but still...

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 446
    Options

The hatch can spawn halfway up the inner staircase inside the Ormond lodge, yes. But not on the second floor.

I think the way it is coded for most maps is the hatch can never spawn in a location that players can physically get under, barring basement.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,315
    Options

The only exception could still be RPD the way it works there is if there is nothing on the first floor below it, then it can spawn on the 2nd floor, I just don't know if this particular spot still exists.

• Null_Winter
    Null_Winter Member Posts: 15
    Options

For any "flat" map, the only elevated portion the Hatch can spawn on is one of the generic hills.

On Midwich and Ormond, the Hatch will [b]very[/b] rarely spawn on the middle landing section of one of the corner staircases (Midwich) or the central building staircase (Ormond). For Midwich, this means it is best to wait for the Hatch to potentially open at a staircase and then begin patrol sweep following the walls, unless you are already chasing the final Survivor; if it did its rare spawn behind the clocktower in the courtyard, then you will be able to hear it through the wall and can instead go out there.

On RPD, the Hatch can spawn in the middle of the topmost floor in the lobby area if the equivalent gen did not spawn right there. I have never seen it spawn on the smaller nearby staircase's middle section, unlike Midwich and Ormond. It also never seems to never spawn in the front courtyard area, but I have seen it spawn in both rear courtyard areas.

The Game used to allow the Hatch anywhere, but now only allows it in the basement (not the Basement).

Temple Of Purgation and Springwood allow the Hatch to spawn in the basements of their main buildings; on Temple, it will very rarely spawn behind the locked gate area, meaning neither the Killer nor Survivors can reach it unless the gen down there was completed to open a gate. Haddonfield has a generic house with a basement as well (that house is re-used in some versions of Springwood), and I previously saw the Hatch down there but have not ever since both maps were re-worked.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,626
    Options

They can also spawn on the hill in outdoor maps usually where there's a hook at top and a totem in the corner.