We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Perk Idea: False Track

Options
CasualCosta
CasualCosta Member Posts: 6

Press {ability button} to activate the perk. It creates fresh scratch marks in front of you for X/Y/Z meters. If the survivor is wounded, it also create blood pools. Causes hindered for N seconds. Has a long cooldown.

I'm using variable numbers here because I don't know game balance well enough to come up with reasonable numbers. My basic idea is that there ought to be a perk to lead the killer astray. Diversion is there, but it seems unreasonable to ignore fresh scratch marks (and possibly blood pools) for a sound notification. The hindered effect is to counter-balance the perk, making it more of a gamble into hiding than just a free "get away from chase" card.

Alternatively, the perk would need to be charged on chase to reset its timer (similar to Stake Out, but for chases), and the cooldown would be shorter.

From a programming side, I don't know how viable it would be, but I imagine it would just be creating an invisible survivor with no collision and an ungodly level of haste that runs forward for the duration needed to reach the meter quota, leaving scratch marks and blood pools behind.