We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Do we need an anti slugging mechanic?

Options
Livion
Livion Member Posts: 149
edited April 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've just played a match as Wesker and for some reason, that match I decided that I wasn't going to play fair (I'm so sorry for that squad) so I tunneled, abused the ever living daylights out of UW and in the end I slugged because I didn't have hooks available for the last guy.

I could've been honorable and just assume his scape and go for a chase but I decided to slug and he was unable to do anything about it, even if he had "No mither" or "Unbreakable" I could just immediately hit him again.

Maybe slugging isn't as big of a problem as tunneling but I think if the game would do something like "Whenever a survivors slug bar goes below 50% they can get up by themselves".

What do you think?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,821
    edited April 12
    Options

No. It's an alternate play style with copious counter play. We need to encourage more alternative play styles, not limit it.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 393
    Options

Any of the anti slugging mechanics wouldn't even do anything to him because all of request are just "basekit unbreakable" or "faster bleed out", in former you'll hit him again instantly and in latter it's just same results

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,807
    Options

No. Adding too many anti mechanics to the game will only result in a single playstyle being viable. If anything the game simply needs to be more rewarding when engaging in other playstyles.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

Well in that situation it sounds like you didn’t really have a choice since there wasn’t a hook available. Imo hooks breaking on sacrifice should be removed, since all it does most of the time is lead to situations like this. But it’s not on you to pick up a survivor if you know they’re unhookable.

As for slugging as a whole: The way I look at this is there are 2 different kinds of slugging: slugging for 4k at the end of the game (which I think should go), and slugging as a strategy to build pressure/for legitimate gameplay reasons (basically all other slugging that doesn’t fall into the category of slugging for 4k). Slugging for pressure isn’t a problem at all imo, except for Knockout - that perk needs to change.

With this in mind, the one change I would make is to just allow downed survivors to quickly bleed themselves out (ie. after 30 seconds or so) if there are only 1 or 2 survivors left. This fixes slugging for 4ks and in a situation like what happened in your match, the last survivor would’ve been able to end the game without waiting 4 minutes or crawling to a hook which could’ve taken even longer. I would also change killer adept requirement to 3k instead of 4k so adepts don’t become way more difficult with this change.

• Livion
    edited April 12
    Options

That's a fair point, I used to run knockout hag (I was nasty back then) and I heard some complaints about slugging. But yeah, I can see it as being an alternative play style.

The problem with slugging is that people that use it as a legitimate strategy usually go for 4k slugs with knockout etc.

Knockout should get a rework maybe making it work like an anti unbreakable of some kind (my balance takes are awful), anyway yeah slugging for 4k :🤢, slugging as a strategy: 🦾

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 393
    Options
  • Livion
    Options

I guess, you could also consider tunneling a strategy but it's still extremely unfun for the other side

• YayC
    YayC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 48
    edited April 13
    Options

Always blows my mind the sheer number of people in this community with absolutely 0 foresight when suggesting nerfs for damn near every playstyle for killer.

Do you know what will happen when you all get what you want and all these multiple playstyles like hit and run, stbfl, slugging for pressure and even tunnelling get all but deleted? Nurse. Nurse all day, everyday, none stop 365.

These playstyles aren't fun, but they are a necessary evil when BHVR are as bad as map/loop design and balancing killers in general as they are and I would take an M1 killer slugging or tunnelling over playing against Nurse 16 matches in a row. Most M1 killer players have already left and you're already seeing it, the other day I got 6 back to back Blights then a Nurse. I legitimately can't remember the last time I even saw a Ghostface and I don't blame them because I sure as heck refuse to run Ghost Face in this economy.

Yesterday I got a pinhead and I was actually excited because atleast there was some variety. A killer I used to despise.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,043
    Options

Yeah just add entity sacrifice button for 2vs1 if killer slugs and you don't want to lay there 4 minutes.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,523
    edited April 13
    Options
    • We give Survivors a resource like 'Blood' when you run out of blood you bleed out. (4min, like normal.)
    • At above 50% a Survivor will get back up themselves after 45 sec. automatically at the cost of blood.
      (number from PTB, maybe it should be 30secs)
    • At half blood (hooked once) the Survivor cannot get back up alone. (Unbreakable here)
      Hooking a Survivor for the first time now automatically drains blood equal down to 49% (leaving 2min of slug time)
      Hooking a Survivor for the second time, could then drain blood to 24% (1min of slug time)
    • The Blood resource runs out at 4min like normal, which means a Survivor can 'unslug' themselves 2.6666 Times which is fine imo.
    • I think this is a great compromise, it plugs up the Early Game Slugging Problem (unless you Blight/Nurse) by putting limits on the impact it can have. While also heightening the tension of mid to late game slugging by limiting how long those can go on for.

I honestly want to try this.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

There are many strong anti slugging perks that exist I think it's a fine mechanic. Very silly when people complain about slugging when they manage to somehow get 4 man slugged against m1 killers.