If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

It takes forever for killers to catch survivors using exhaution perks W to other side of the map.

Options
2»

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

One last question on Midwich.

Shack is the strongest title in the game, there is no argument, but its not like you never play killers in B-A-S tiers. Keep bringing D tier killers combined with scenarios that literally not exist does not prove anything in the forest.

You wanna talk about against strongest teams, bring Blight & Nurse in.

• C3Tooth
    Options
  • ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    Options

Because at this point I am not really sure what we are even discussing, it feels like we are just talking about maths because I am was tired and didn't want to go into every scenario, so I kept the calculations simple.

Did you make this post because you do not believe that holding W is strong? I'm sorry to say, but that just isn't true, it is strong. It was strong enough that the devs reduced the total distance that survivors gain when injured by an m1, and also buffed a killer's attack recovery speed to help mitigate how strong holding W is. It is strong enough that it is the reason why Windows of Opportunity is my favourite perk right now, because it lets me know if I am safe to do so.

Even now, it is still a good tool that survivors should use if they know they can get away with it. By that, I mean you can see the killer approaching, you know there is a strong tile that you will reach well before they catch up with you, and that going after you is not worth the time investment.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,611
    Options

TIL that lunges are a guaranteed hit >_>

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Yep, by far the strongest thing they can do. But its very boring so I don't see survivors do it very often, unless I start winning alot lol.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    edited April 13
    Options

I never understand this thing about W key/L1 , what are survivors suppose to wait till the killer is close up to them then run? Goodness I just do not understand these topics no more. It suppose to be the survivor job at moving away and protecting themselves lol.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,009
    edited April 13
    Options

This is generally true. The "optimal" strategy in a chase can be to, immediately predrop any nearby pallet that the killer must break (non mindgamable ones) then shift+w to the exact opposite corner of the map and just wait there. By the time the killer catches up to you, hits you twice and hooks you, the rest of your team should finish 3 gens. This is generally true unless you are in the center of the map. But since there is usually only 1 gen there, most of the time survivors will be on the edges on the map.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    Options

Most of complaints are pretty much for maps rather than individuals

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

When you posted the original I didn't think you were going to get any engagement.

Wow, was I wrong on that. People ran right into it despite the drawings.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,056
    Options

Yeah the complaints are not that the survivor shouldn't do it, but that they shouldn't be able to, to the extent they currently are. Meaning we aren't blaming the player, we're blaming balance decisions that enable it. We're essentially saying healthier game play is forcing interactions at loops to see who's better, not hold w that's skill less and has no counter play outside of just run certain killers.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

I mean I can say the same for killers getting undeserve hits through windows/pallets or even anti loop killer(artist in general) oh let me put a bird right at the pallets now there either if the survivor move I can m1 easy and if they run into the crow=they are injured. That takes no skill to me. Knight/skull merchant press m2=either way survivor is going to get a injury because your lil bro(the guards) is doing everything for me or you drones=are freely injuring/hindering/broken status affect me.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,708
    Options

The answer to anti-loops is to shift+w away from the loop while they're setting up. SM is the only one that doesn't really lose any distance but she's just poorly designed. Artist and Knight have to either bet on the anti-loop (expects survivor to loop) or not commit and chase the survivor to the next tile (if they shift+w expecting the anti-loop.)

That basically just leaves the ones who can hit through windows/over pallets, which require skillshots that can (and should) be baited, adding a layer of mindgame (especially vs huntress around tall loops.)

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,611
    Options

This is my favorite topic of the weekend, so far.

• C3Tooth
    Options

I didnt create this post about predrop, body block .ect but solely to prove:

Killers (even with Myers) do not catch a survivor X meters distance away by divining it to 0.6

The only possible that W alone can buy 33sec is the map I re-drew above.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

They need to make some loops hinder that possibility.

There's no reason there should be 5 pallet loops in a line that perfectly combo into each other and is a lose/lose for the killer for trying to contain chase inside one without the survivor winning at least 1 mindgame. It's crazy some maps generate endless hold W scenarios.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Almost every exhaustion perk is op and need nerfs.

• C3Tooth
    Options

That is titles chaining. Not holding W

The true W is survivor press a single button running in straight line, using no resource, no loops, no mind game that requires killer 33sec to catch a survivor 20m ahead. As alot of killer complaining about.

• ChaosWam
    edited April 22
    Options

There's no chaining if they don't even need the windows or pallets and just hold W through them, if you dare try to cut them off or play the loop. Why should killer be punished because they stopped for half a second or did the right play and try to cut off the loop but survs can just hold W to the next safe loop?

• C3Tooth
    Options

Well I just tried to prove "divined by 0.6" is wrong

But somehow got told to stop with mechanic and math by the person who told other that they dont understand about mathematics.

• C3Tooth
    Options

My topic is about survivor holding W and nothing else. (look back again to my image).

Holding W around loops then chain to another title's window is a normal chase, not "holding W"

• ChaosWam
    Options

It's holding W if it's a STRAIGHT LINE OF TILES like I said. Re-read my first post.

Literally the threat of being stunned gives survivors enough time to make it to another loop if the killer doesn't commit to holding W as well, that's the problem. I've been in so many scenarios where survivors somehow manage to be safe at every distance and hold W or wait half a second at a pallet, and if I don't get stunned and play the loop right they just hold W to the next loop safely WITHOUT PLAYING THE LOOP. I'm just saying some tiles should be able to cut off holding W instead of incentivizing it and having the survivor at least try to play half the loops.