We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

please stop punishing me for having bad internet :(

Options

i live in a dorm and have no control over my router and randomly will DC at terrible moments and it's frustrating that on top of that i lose all my BP and keep racking up 30 minute lockout timers.

I obviously can't say for certain but I feel like most people intentionally DCing are doing so impulsively and not taking the time to run to their router and unplug it so they can avoid a lockout timer. Like honestly that seems ridiculous. At the very least could we have a cap for the timers that internet issues cause so that it doesn't get out of hand.

Comments

• jondalfthejrey
    jondalfthejrey Member Posts: 8
    Options

how did i know that would be the answer of someone on these forums

i swear to god it's like the internet just sucks the empathy out of people

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 187
    Options

You can't have a limit based on internet issues. There's no way to tell the difference between a genuine internet issue and someone unplugging their pc or turning off their wifi. If you really must keep playing with terrible internet, play customs so you're not ruining other people's matches.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

Are you on Wifi or Ethernet, because I remember trying to play games online at the dorm on the 360 with wifi and it wasn't working out very well. Eventually got an ethernet cable and plugged it into the wall socket and had no more issues.

Anyways, you can't really program an exception to the dc penalty, because there's many ways that the server cannot different that would allow you to bypass the dc penalty. Most OS have airplane mode which can easily be toggled on. You can just force close the application. Really easy to do without needing to get up and unplug the router.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,059
    Options

I'm sorry but it's your responsibility to make sure the game can run correctly. The best middle ground is what @Neaxolotl suggested. A minute or 2 to allow players to reconnect but more than that and we'll constantly have players disconnect for whatever reason they can think off. We have already seen that in the past when DC penalties were off.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,091
    Options

Stop ruining peoples games by playing with an unstable connection and they'll stop punishing you 🙂