We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Buff idea for Invocation weaving spiders

Options

Once the invocation is completed:

• All remaining generators lose 10 charges required to repair a generator
  • Generators regress 50% faster

I feel like invocations favouring specific aspects of the perk should have proportionally their side effects but not in the way it would directly weaken the achieved effects. The "No mither" part makes absolutely no sense and since this invocation effects is towards generators, then the broken effect should be active until they cannot be repaired at best, not in the endgame as well.

Comments

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 391
    Options

The thing is, it'll hurt entire team, broken effect more or less only affects themselves (in a sense, not technically)

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    Options

When more invocations get added in future releases, they will probably stack together similar to boons. We don't know know yet what upsides and downsides they will have, but if they also implement the broken status they will probably be quite strong. Invocations have a lot of potential and I can see them becoming meta in the future depending on what releases.

For Weaving Spiders, Don't use it at the start of the game. You want around the mid to late game, when the game focuses on the final 2 - 3 gens left. Using it at the start makes you a massive hindrance, but towards the end of the game assuming you aren't on death hook, you won't be a priority for the killer, since they will be focused on gen defence or forcing a death on a survivor. They probably won't go to the basement in this case.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

The broken should really be removed, because in many cases you are just a free down in the basement once completed... Also the ritual could be seperated in different parts that cannot regress further, so maybe 3 or 4 of them? So you don't lose as much progress if you quickly stop or let go of the button or something.

The downside you mentioned would probably not be too bad considering the limited amount of regression events... Unless of course it stacks with flat regression so let's say pain rez does not do 25% but 50% more so 37.5%...that would be a horrible perk. But 150% base regression on kicks could be fine.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

But think about the huge decrease in productivity... Being forced to stay in Gen at that point might easily lead towards several slugs depending on the killer or nobody ready to unhook and you are already so far ahead with the ritual, but will lose it all when you let go.

• RakNieborakYT
    RakNieborakYT Member Posts: 300
    Options

The only hurt for the entire team is that it requires the generator to be regressing. It is alrealy less painful than being injured forever.

The "nerf" here does not work all the time + there are gen regression limits now and when the gens are done, then simply this invocation is gone. Maybe if the numbers were smaller or the slightly better regression on the kick would be fair enough.

The thing is, use is on late games, it won't change that much and you'll waste a lot of time. Use it early and you are injured the whole game. You spend 120 seconds on what you could do for 10 seconds for each remaining generator only to be permanently injured. Plus the broken effect is only for weaving spiders fyi.

The broken is, indeed, a very harmful downside for its holder and I have no idea why in the first place this would make a good perk. I like the idea of a regression on gen kick tho.

I hate the idea of its reset progress upon letting go, yes. But survivors already have a lot of tools to genrush and stop gen regressions now. This invocation rn gives a bit better effect with a harmful side effect.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 298
    Options

The broken status effect is probably the smallest issue with the perk, and your suggestion isn't exactly an improvement. The perk's real problem is simply how inefficient it is. Even if you activate it with no interruptions, hitting all 7 generators with a 10% decreased repair requirement, that's less efficient than merely doing a generator. What it really needs is number buffs, either requiring less time or further lowering the repair requirement on gens.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 334
    edited April 15
    Options

I think the broken part make sense because youre doing a dark ritual and making a sacrifice to the evil. But I would change the broken thing, too.

The ritual remove a hook state from the survivor.

If there is no hook state left it will remain broken.

I'm still sacrificing something but I'm not an instant down.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,059
    Options

How is that a buff? If anything the gens should regress slower. One broken survivor is less of a downside than every gen losing charges quicker.