We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Input locked as Trapper

Options
snowyhans
snowyhans Member Posts: 52

I was playing a match as Trapper on Hawkins Laboratory.
Towards the end of the match I am chasing two survivors in the observation room that contains the rift to the upside down, the two survivors approach the bottom glass window, which I have trapped on the other side. The first survivor vaults and gets trapped, the second survivor vaults and I try to lunge for them, but hit the first survivor instead (was still trapped.) I then vaulted the window myself after them but my controls become immediately locked and I can't preform any action, the only input I had was mouse movements, and of those movements only horizontal inputs, the game resisted any vertical movements. I'm unsure if the survivors could see me looking around or not, but one did blind me at one point.

The following is a brief recording to demonstrate the bugged state:

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• vikvlg
    vikvlg Member Posts: 67
    edited April 14
    Options
  • snowyhans
    Options

From a few clips I've seen and my own experience, it seems like this bug happens if the survivor gets trapped mid vault. Because notably the trap snap sound doesn't play and the survivor skips the "getting trapped" animation, and goes immediately into the struggle pending stage. This odd behavior must break something in the bear trap that causes the trapper to get soft locked. Perhaps a server client desync where the server believes the trap is still armed and is trying to put the trapper into the "stepped on trap" action?

• snowyhans
    Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1c4lyro/if_beartraps_doesnt_work_become_a_beartrap_i_got/
    Here's a reddit video of the accordance which corroborates my theory.

• Gabrote42
    Gabrote42 Member Posts: 30
    Options

I have seen similar behavior in Pallets when the client fails to see they were dropped. I have a Trapper bug thread that is almost exactly the same, so it's nice to see more guys are reporting it.