We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Few base kit changes to make Dredge much better killer

Options
  • Charging/Holding Reign of Darkness3.68 m/s → 3.8 m/s.
  • Teleportation speed during Daytime12 m/s → 18 m/s.
  • Cool-down time during Daytime12 seconds → 10 seconds.
  • Exit Locked Locker duration: 3 seconds → 2 seconds.
  • Each injured Survivors adds a stack-able +0.75 c/s per each → +1 c/s per each injured Survivor to Nightfall.

Some add-ons would have to be nerfed because their effect would be put into base kit.

Comments

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 298
    Options

No complaints here. They'd be a perfectly fine killer if lockers were given more consistency in addition to these changes.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 921
    Options

I wouldn't mind some buffs to Dredge, mainly fix locker spawns.

But this is not "few". That's basically everything.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,978
    edited April 14
    Options

I think he needs buffs, I agree with all of these except the movement speed when charging and the locked locker duration ones.

Increasing the movement speed while charging would make it kind of obnoxious at zoning, which is already the least fun part about Dredge.

I don't think a full second should be shaved off of the locked locker exit duration, maybe 0.5s though. Locking a locker needs to be meaningful.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,267
    Options

Haddie Calendar (yellow add-on) allready gives you -1 sec to open lockers and its one of his most popular add-ons for a good reason. Lockers would be still meaningfull to lock, also for Survivors it cost like 1-2 sec to lock them so their time invesment is very tiny and it hinders more the killer than the survivor.

With the Remnant change, this is for him to feel better in chase and have a better chance to deal with more bigger loops. His zoning wouldn't be much worse since the counterplay and gameplay is the same, it would all just happend bit faster.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,777
    Options

Completely agree with these. This fixes a few addons he feels required to run and actually lets me play around with his others.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 391
    Options

Honestly even with all those changes he could still be meh with all the suffering from locker spawns

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    edited April 14
    Options

I would like to see Dredge be able to take advantage of ambushing survivors more, like a trapdoor spider.

• Remove the loud banging notification when Dredge has teleported into a locker.
    • Increase the time Dredge can hide in a locker without giving off a pink aura from 8 seconds to 30 seconds (arguably not at all).

This lets Dredge lie in ambush to catch survivors off guard, or if he tries to be sneaky during nightfall, he can teleport in front of survivors during a chase and wait for them to get in range for a hit. It also means survivors might be more scared to lock lockers, because the Dredge might be waiting inside and gets a free grab on them.

Did you also know that dredge can enter a locker without teleporting, by walking up to one and opening it? There is literally no benefit to doing this I think, other than whoever sees you go in there can't immediately tell that you teleported until after 8 seconds. I would like to see this changed.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 14
    Options

I agree with those buffs. Some things I would like also like to see:

• Being in locker counts as searching a locker so would it work with darkness revealed
    • Whenever Nightfall starts the locked lockers reset to not locked
    • Being a lot more silent in a locker
    • You don‘t always spawn in the locked locker of the locker group
    • Addon buffs and iridescent wooden Plank begins after half of the duration of nightfall or it’s active for the whole nightfall

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 599
    Options

current dredge is tier C, buffing numbers will at the best make him mid-low tier B

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited April 14
    Options

This is on board to what I was thinking as well. I like these suggestions personally. Better locker rng and add more lockers would be lovely.

Great suggestions. 😍

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 5,899
    Options

I agree with most of these, but I don't think the movement speed while holding his power should be increased. It's one of the main sources of counterplay for survivors, so increasing that seems like a bad idea to me. The other buffs seem arguably fine, though some of the numbers might be a tad too high.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options

true! However, 3.8 is still slower than survivors so the counter play is still there

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,777
    edited April 14
    Options

The silencing of locker teleports would also be so huge. Being able to teleport mid chase for mind game cut offs would make it SO much more fun. Plus it would make the survivors have to pay attention to what lockers they're looping near.

Lots of great ideas people are adding on this page. Dredge is so close to greatness with just some small tweaks.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,655
    Options
    1. Considering I know how the ms is actually coded (4.6x0.8 for 3.68), I think it's more likely they make him 3.86 like Trickster. Still a fine change and largely me being pedantic.
    2. Current Boat Keys make you 15m/s, which I think would be fine instead of 18. Add-on could be lowered to 20% so that then you'll get 18m/s.
    3. I think the better route would be making it 2.5 seconds while nerfing Calendar for a 0.5 sec reduction. Make the base better while keeping the add-on result the same so it's not necessary.
    4. That's fine, although, you might need to look at Malthinker's skull which would become A LOT nastier.

"Some add-ons would have to be nerfed because their effect would be put into base kit."

I'm a blind oaf and didn't see that line until I typed all that, so... ignore anything I said about add-ons..

• Null_Winter
    Null_Winter Member Posts: 15
    Options

Haddie's Calendar is one of those add-ons that takes Dredge from "sluggish" to "playable", since a locked locker is several seconds of lockdown and noise warning, all for the cost of a Survivor doing a half second interaction. And there's no counterplay on the Dredge's side aside from spending even more time manually walking over to a group of lockers and hitting M1 on every single one.

I think it's fine where it's at with the slowed movement speed while holding the Remnant up, since proper usage makes standard loops entirely unsafe for a Survivor and can force them to abandon it or eat a hit.

Entering the last locker in a teleport chain feels like it should be silent; this would open up mindgame potential with using the slam on the first few tokens to potentially scare Survivors off gens while you're just traveling, but then get a sneaky surprise hit on the last one. Likewise, the actual act of jumping out of a locker should count as a Special Attack and deal damage to reward surprising someone or cutting them off in a chase.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

The Teleportation during Daytime feels sometimes so awful, especially when you have to travel to the other side of the map. It makes Dredge also impossible to better catch up to survivors because they have enough time to react to a Teleportation during Daytime. The Cooldown timer could be even 8seconds (make Ottamarian Writing basekit and rework it) and to avoid the fear of spamming it for faster Nightfall, you could reduce the points for it. Exit a locker feels also so awful without the addon Haddie's Calendar. We have to keep in mind that survivors can basically lock Lockers twice because on many maps you have two lockers next to each other and Dredge always teleport to the locked locker. More points for injuring survivors is also good.

Some other changes that Dredge needs:

• Remove the 20meter breathingsound that makes mindgames and everything else impossible. Survivors can track this breathingsound and now exacly where Dredge is or from where it will comes.
    • The points for trigger Nightfall could be reduce to 250 instead of 300 charges or more ways to get (easier) charges.
    • It would be great if Dredge would also get some Nightfall charges for downing survivors and not just injuring them.
    • Rework Iridescent Wooden Plank: This Add-on is just bad but buffing it could make it too strong and instadown Add-Ons are never funny and should be remove from the game.
    • Sacrificial Knife could get a buff to 10 seconds and 20meters
    • Better locker placements on every map but this is more of a map rework and not as tweak for Dredge.

Nightfall:

Nightfall needs a general rework because from what I've heard, many survivors struggle with Nightfall - e.g. they play on Consol or TV with reallife light and see even less what happens or cannot see well in general. Nightfall should be more accessibility friendly (less dark) and in exchange Dredge could get some buffs during Nightfall like faster Palette breaking or vaulting. We could also add @jonifire's suggestion that locked lockers resets when Nightfall starts. In my opinion it doesn't feel right that survivors make missplays during Nightfall because they cannot see a thing on their screen (It is a difference when a survivor makes a missplay due to bad decision or due to missing accessibility).