We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Im afraid that not losing any more pips automatically means that more ragequits will happen

Options
joel84
joel84 Member Posts: 103

We probably all know what's coming. So please don't get me wrong, but I think this is a mistake that the developers will most likely make. Maybe….

Many players disconnect for the smallest of reasons. We know that…

-1 chase, 3 gens down

-The killer catches me in the first 20 seconds

-I get stunned from a Palett and teabagged
-I pick up a survivor and get flashlighted

-The killer pokes or bang me while I'm on the ground

-the killer tunnels, camp or slug me me, etc....

Just to name a few small examples

I believe that ragequits have increased a lot in the past and im not the only one with this opinion. So I think this will only encourage the rage outbursts even more.

Hey, I don't like what the killer or survivor is doing you know ?

Then I'll just pull the plug then I don't lose anything anyway

Does anyone else agree with me? And what do you think?

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,032
    Options

That maybe goes for you but OP is right in terms of some people that are kept from rage quitting die to not anting depip will then do.

Those people will lose one more incentive to tough through an, in their eyes, suboptimal match.

Of course that isn't an "encouragement" but like I said one discouragement less. Just like the times when the DC penalties were off for whatever reason. Not on the same level obviously but probably still noticable.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

Players still get hit with the DC timer. Nothing will change.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 792
    edited April 14
    Options

I still don't see it. Regardless, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Especially for more casual players who may not even play that much. And it will be great for them to be able to reach iri 1 quicker in the long run.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 391
    Options

It's fine as long as they take DC penalty, ultimately dev can just crank it up

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,165
    Options

this community really tries to find the negatives in anything the devs do..

Ragequits and giving up on hook are already a problem, sure. But it’s very unlikely that people held themselves back bc of their pips imo. And as others already mentioned, dc penalties are still there

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,189
    Options

People who ragequit frequently dont care about Pips. If they would care that much about pipping and depipping they wont ragequit.

But everyone else who is in the match will not depip. Which is a good thing.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 582
    Options

I don't know about that. The threat of losing a pip never has never stopped me from losing my cool. If anything, I think some players will either stick around more often or it will make no difference at all to the DC rates.

I can't wait for this change and personally, I will be more inclined to play out those horrible games where I'm just having no fun at all. Like infinite tombstone Myers or those games where the Killer is dead set on tunnelling me out early and I'll be losing a pip no matter what.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,013
    edited April 14
    Options

Doesn't seem a bad punishment addition to be fair.

I you don't quit, you can't possibly lose a pip, it you hit the "quit match" button, you auto lose a pip.

Ofc that just incentivises SoH more... which probably means the 4% kobe should go, or at least only be enabled for 30s after all survivors are down/hooked/escaped or something... However even that wanders into "can't die on hook to give hatch" problems...

Maybe only allow kobe when you have deliverance/Wicked, and otherwise when there are 1 or less survivors still standing would work... now we're kinda policing mechanics yo deal with bad actors though so gets a little big brother...

Urgh... rage quitters are the bloody worst 😒

Kinda gives credence to allowing the unhook cancel to be left alone... its the only thing a survivor can really do to to force suicide hook players into DCing so we can get a bot. I feel allowing unhooking trolling/griefing is a necessary evil to deal with SoH players...

Not that I'm encouraging griefing people... but considering they're effectively griefing you by leaving you 3vs.1... it's an understandable course of action.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,379
    Options

Doubt it. Ragequitters don't care about pips, plus DC penalties apply.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,035
    Options

You could not be more wrong here. Players who dc don't care about pips and will still dc no matter what.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Removing depip was best decision devs could made. Now players don't have to sweat like their life debends on it and can take few loses too. Depip was just salt to the wound when you lost and it even kept many players not playing the game. Grades does not affect matchmaking so there is no place for depips in current games. They were fine when the game still had ranks. Grades are only supposed to show playtime now they do just that.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 168
    Options

I do too. People will rage quit as always but at least this way those of us in the aftermath won’t be punished. I’m so tired of losing pips I earned because 2 players DC right at 5 gens, the third player dies on hook and even if the killer gives me hatch I still depip because I didn’t get a chance to play the match. On the other side, loading into a game where the killer is AFK the whole time for whatever reason, I still depip since there was no chance for killer interaction or altruism.

So my thing is, who cares if people who rage quit don’t lose a pip for it? At least I won’t lose mine either over their rage quitting. I gladly accept these terms.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Yes and my response was bit harsh because I have been asking for years to depip getting removed. It only ruined players experienced who just couldn't ignore it existence. Some couldn't even play the game becsuse of it. It made some care not all and I literally camped and tunneled because of it lot more I otherwise would. But then I also just ignored them after sometime.

Depips did not affect matchmaking after MMR was introduced so it was time to get them removed. As grades are only supposed to show playtime not be skill expression. Only thing were Im fine player getting depip is while dc:ing but they already get dc penalty so it pointless and like I mentioned they don't care about pips. So the thing is there were only negatives about depips.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,082
    Options

People haven't cared about pips since forever ago, people are still gonna DC as normal.