We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

A Mini Legion Rework

Options

Legion is, and always has been, one of my favourite killers to play. I love the theme, the designs, and running at high speeds with a knife is very fun. However, as we all know, his playstyle isn't very fun to survivors (inb4 mending simulator comments) and it's incredibly difficult to get value out of Feral Frenzy. While playing Legion earlier, I had the though of two tweaks that may (or may not) make Legion better for both sides.

• Feral Frenzy no longer inflicts Deep Wounds, but
  • Feral Frenzy can now down a survivor without the fifth hit chain, but only if you hit another survivor first

What I mean by that, you can't hit the same survivor twice in a row, meaning you have to get at least three hits for a down. In my experience with Legion, getting that fifth hit is already rare, made nearly impossible when there's less than 4 survivors you can tag. This would let your power still provide value throughout a match, with the draw of still getting weaker the more survivors are dead.

What would you guys think, would a change like this make Legion more enjoyable and reliable?

Comments

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    edited April 14
    Options

Frenzy is mainly a macro power. The point of it is to punish survivors who group up together, while making your chases easier by only needing to down them once. The 5th hit downing is just to really punish the survivors hard if they were not cautious enough to make distance.

As it is right now it isn't hard to get 3 people injured. If you come across a pair of survivors you would only need to find one more if the reduced the number of hits.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,637
    Options

Make it an addon. That way both playstyles stay and no one loses anything

• Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 55
    Options

My main problem with Legion is that, if survivors aren't making enough mistakes, the strength of your power vastly diminishes. That's true for all killers, yes, but I find it most noticeable on Legion because you need to get multiple hits for it to shine. Also, my idea wasn't to reduce the amount of hits for the insta down, 5 is fine if infrequent, but instead allow you to get a down in power with the caveat that you can't hit the same survivor twice in a row, so it still provides consistent value as more survivors die, (hopefully) without being overbearing to deal with.

That could work too, though maybe current Legion could be made the addon instead. I'm a fan of addons changing playstyles though, so I'm on board.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    Options

If you are playing legion and you stop frenzying just because everyone is already injured, you are not using their power optimally. If you find that the survivor you are chasing is in a good tile setup and you can't secure the down, frenzy them and go find someone else.

Their power is not meant to down. It gets you value if you stab someone and lets you find someone in a weaker position.

• Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 55
    Options

I don't stop frenzying when everybody's injured, I'm talking about when there's less than 4 survivors at a time. The fewer survivors there are, the harder it is to get decent value.