We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Myers Needs To Be Looked At

Options

I know the last time Myers was brought into question, the devs stated they weren't planning on touching The Shape, because they think he's in a good state. I would like to ask you to please reconsider that stance.

I think a killer is in an objectively bad spot if a killer can be either one of the weakest killers in the game, or absolutely game breakingly strong depending on the addons brought.

Base Myers takes such a long time to build up for a power that isn't particularly unique. Other killers in the game can get insta-downs much easier and with significantly less time investment. And they don't run the risk of using up all their insta-down over the course of a match. And even when Myers has access to his insta-down he has barely anything in his kit to assist him in getting hits when compared to other instadown killers. Slightly faster vault speed and slightly longer lunge range simply pales in comparison to speed boosts and quick pallet breaking. There's basically no reason to run him over any other instadown killer.

At leas that would be true until you look at his high rarity addons. Infinite instadown, and the ability to kill people outright are absolutely game breaking abilities. Instadowns less so maybe, but it can still be problematic. Even with the anti-facecamp system in place, infinite tier 3 can make unhooking someone impossible. Whether a person is healthy or not, this addon guarantees that every unhook attempt will result in at least a hook trade. Facecamping may be gone now, but proxy camping is very much alive and this addon is an incredibly powerful way to do that.

And then there's his tombstone and tombstone piece, allowing him to instantly remove a player from the match, Yes it takes a lot of time investment, but being on the receiving end of it is simply not fun. It is very unfair that a player can have managed to stay out of sight of myers and face the consequences of his teammates actions. Every other insta-kill is significantly more fair to the player. Every other insta-kill requires managing to down the player first too. With pyramidhead, the player has to have been hooked twice anyways. With Sadako, players practically have to completely fail to interact with her power at all to be a victim of it. Rancor only works during the endgame, and gives warnings about it's presence throughout the match. Devour Hope requires at least 5 hooks first, and could be removed from the match before it can even do anything.

All these instakills have some sort of check and balance in place, to ensure the player has some level of counterplay or warning to their presence. Myers has none of these.

Myers is not in a good state. He NEEDS to be looked at.

Comments

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 287
    Options

First off, I agree that Myers does need looking at.

Particularly his base stalk rate, it's atrocious. And also when it comes to making a change that allows the player to decrease their Tier level from II to I. This would grant the player some % of stalk back as well. They could even go one step further and make it so any Survivor hooked, grants back a % of the stalk used on them prior to that hook state.

Then we get to your argument about his Tombstone and Infinite. These need to go.

But, devils advocate, if they stay they need to be restricted to only being able to kill someone that has been hooked. Tombstone Piece, to compensatw for the restriction, would pause the power gauge while carrying a Survivor. That way you aren't wasting it trying to get value out of it. And with Judith's Tombstone, they should remove the speed decrease applied while in Tier III.

Infinite should require all four Survivors to be max stalked in order to reach Tier III.

In general, his add-ons do need an overhaul: three add-ons for stalk movement speed - useless. Should stack them all into one and make the % increase to stalking movement speed be 4.2m/s when there is no Survivor actively filling the power gauge. And move at 3.0m/s when there is a Survivor being stalked.

Auras when stalking is fine, but the duration should be a lot longer and there's three of these too. There should only be two. One for Tier I and one for Tier II.

They could go all out and make a lot more changes. But if they want to leave him as is but just buff the stuff I mentioned, that's fine by me.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,091
    Options

It seems like they refuse to touch his tombstone addons which is why he's where he is. This could be a licensing thing though making it hard to change them.

• Null_Winter
    Null_Winter Member Posts: 15
    Options

I am 100% convinced it's some licensing issue not allowing changes without more paperwork than they're willing to deal with or them needing to justify any changes to him as being for bugfix reasons so as not to violate the original contract terms; they've only done one major change for him in all this time, and it was primarily buffs or changes to his middle rarity add-ons along with updating his Power to use the (at the time) new Undetectable status instead of a custom buggy unique Terror Radius modifier that only applied to him (with the "bugfix" aspect likely justifying the change in paperwork to the license holders). When BHVR got the rights back then, they had little pull and probably acquiesced to any demands if it meant getting a famous licensed character in.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,816
    edited April 14
    Options

I play a lot of Myers, and he has a lot of useful add ons besides infinite tier 3 and tombstones. He's nowhere near as weak as people think, you just need to learn to manage his stalk correctly.

That said there are two aspects that need looking at; his finite stalk resource, and the tombstone add ons.

Stalk ahould slowly regenerate on survivors. About 1/10th of stalking speed while not in chase should be enough, maybe even slower. It just needs to be enough that you don't permanently run out of your power if you happen to eliminate an untapped survivor.

Tombstone Peice should only activate on survivors who have already been hooked twice.

Judith's Tombstone should only activate on survivors who have been hooked at least once.

This gives a similar 'banked hooks' mechanic as Pyramid Head and Sadako.

Alternatively: Increase the amount of 'stalk' each survivor can provide, then survivors who have been 'fully stalked' should get a hidden debuff and an icon over their portrait that the killer can see. This would be what allows the Tombstone add ons to activate, so that they only affect fully stalked survivors.

• VibranToucan
    VibranToucan Member Posts: 23
    Options

Infinite instadown, and the ability to kill people outright are absolutely game breaking abilities. Instadowns less so maybe, but it can still be problematic. Even with the anti-facecamp system in place, infinite tier 3 can make unhooking someone impossible. Whether a person is healthy or not, this addon guarantees that every unhook attempt will result in at least a hook trade. Facecamping may be gone now, but proxy camping is very much alive and this addon is an incredibly powerful way to do that.

The same thing can be done by Bubba, with far less set up needed, and he is in a fine spot. Because proxy camping is generally not that strong. I mean if you do it really well you get a free kill but smart survivors can coordinate gens/unhooking so that in exchange they will complete a ton of gens. Proxy camping is annoying, but it can very easily be countered and end as just a 1K.

And then there's his tombstone and tombstone piece, allowing him to instantly remove a player from the match, Yes it takes a lot of time investment, but being on the receiving end of it is simply not fun.

I disagree. I generally enjoy most of my games, even if I lose early.

It is very unfair that a player can have managed to stay out of sight of myers and face the consequences of his teammates actions.

This is a team game. You are wholy reliant on the actions of your other teammates. I had game where I played great and I died on first hook because my teammates just didn't unhook me. If you don't like your teammates being responsible for your loss, don't play survivor. Also, if he kills you without having gained any stalk of you he loses you as a potential stalk source later, making the game way easier for your teammates.

All these instakills have some sort of check and balance in place, to ensure the player has some level of counterplay or warning to their presence. Myers has none of these.

The counterplay is jumping into a locker, making you 100% immune to his Tombstone. You could also sit on a gen for the same effect or just run him at a strong loop since he is basically a no ability killer and his lunge can't instakill.

Tombstone Myers is a one trick pony. He either gets one or two instakills or he is lucky if he even gets one hook. Tombstone is easy to counter, which balances it.

Not only that, in his current form Tombstone is needed for Myers. It is the only thing keeping him viable. While there are plenty of viable Myers builds the threat of Tombstone forces survivors to either risk instant death or make sub-optimal plays until his build is clear.

Tombstone is overall a fun risk/reward mechanic for both Survivors and Killer and while it can be annoying to die early, there are lots of things in this game that can be.

Myers is a good killer. He has a solid pick and killrate, though he underperforms on a very high level. He is generally both fun to play and play against in my opinion and even if I get tombstoned it never felt upsetting.

I do believe every Killer should be unique and special, and I am not a fan of transforming Myers into a less unique Killer for no good reason.