If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do people feel about Flashbangs working when facing a wall?

Options
2»

Comments

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,298
    edited April 16
    Options

Dont try to understand a killer main in their natural habitat. It's… it will diminish your senses. Permanently. First your playstyles will devolve into one of two playstyles: Tunneling or MEta only. You will have no creativity outside of those two bubbles. And if you DO… you are casted out like a leper.

lol j/k, I love everyone who plays this stupid game lol

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 86
    Options

flashbang is the counterplay to the counterplay. Sounds balanced to me considering Flashbangs are worse and less efficient than flashlights. Flashbangs only niche is that it can blind the killer against a wall and its only because that’s simply how the item works

Stop complaining there is plenty of counterplay against it to and isn’t a guaranteed thing either even with background player. It was fine like a month ago why is suddenly now a issue?

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Because killer entitlement. It worked against them and they feel it shouldn't so its to the forums to parade for the cause!

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    Options

Above all, the state of survivor items (in some senses the equivalent to killer powers) is already grim enough, with no new items having been introduced in more than 6 years and existing items not only not having been improved but actively made less and less appealing, most unfortunately the case of flashlights (the most fun and interactive item), having been robbed of unique interactions for no good reason. The last thing we need is to rid flashbangs (glorified firecrackers) of their unique utility. If you would only ever be able to get blinds and saves with them in ways a flashlight could also enable you to, they would just be strictly worse, one-time-use flashlights. Attempting flashbang/cracker saves requires (apart from the perk/item slot) a serious time investment that may not even pay off, is not easy to pull off, and has attached to it various risks, such as getting hit or downed before, during or after the attempt.

Now a few things. You shouldn't be able to phase through a killer on pick-up, there's no real reason to disable collision during this time I don't think. That would already make getting flashbang/cracker saves more difficult if the killer is facing a wall. The real culprit here is Background Player, which too reliably allows to make these rescues happen, and with a much reduced risk. It should be toned down a notch. And instances where you can somehow get blinded by flashbangs/crackers despite looking up albeit rare have to be remedied.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    Options
  • Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 202
    Options

"By this logic," when the logic you used is completely different than what I suggested. 👍️

Also I recommend reading the whole thread before posting.