If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

To make The Blight a more interesting and balanced killer using Intentional Slide

Options
BlightedSugarcane
BlightedSugarcane Member Posts: 15
edited April 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

He has problems such as his performance being highly dependent on the map and the lack of benefits of counter play.
In addition, I think that HugTech or "Sliding Rush", which is scheduled to be deleted, is a very interesting element that would be a waste to lose.

So I have an idea to make some big changes to his basic abilities.

1. Set the basic movement speed to 4.4m/s(or later)
  2. Gain 5% acceleration with each Rush(Same as previous BlightedCrow)
  3. Increases the cooldown when a rush attack fails, and conversely reduces the cooldown when ending a rush without attacking.
  4. By pressing the action button during "Normal Rush" (The first Rush that cannot be attacked), the collision detection will be disabled while you are pressing it, allowing you to intentionally slide. If you release the button, you can collide again.
  5. Even if you are touching an obstacle, you can start "Normal Rush" by holding down the action button.
    Same as current HugTech, but even on the second rush, "Normal Rush" is started instead of "Lethal Rush".
  6. Pressing the action button during "Lethal Rush" will transition to "Normal Rush".
  7. Sets turn rate and maximum look angle during “Lethal Rush” to the same values ​​as when using an Adrenaline Vial

The goal of these changes is not just to buff or debuff him, but to make him less map-dependent and more fun for both sides.

This may be a silly opinion, but I believe this killer will be better.

I'd like to hear your opinions.

Post edited by BlightedSugarcane on

Comments

• BlightedSugarcane
    Options

This change will require rework of many add-ons.

At least both of iri, a adrenaline vial

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 356
    edited April 16
    Options

I really think that it would be better to just nerf his add-ons to Nurse level instead of nerfing and changing his base kit.

STOP BUFFING HIS ADD-ONS. PLEASE BHVR.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,629
    Options

I mean sure it would make him more consistent, but then again a big part of his skill ceiling is to learn how to collide or slide and by putting this on a button you are somewhat dumbing him down for more casual players to play decent, without putting time into him.

• BlightedSugarcane
    Options

I agree that his addons should not be buffed.

In particular, the current Iri Label is very powerful but I don't like it at all.
    I also feel that the buffs on Shredded Notes in the recent PTB are not appropriate.

However, at the moment, the only addons I feel are crazy are the Iri addon and Adrenaline, and the other addons don't seem to be that bad.

• BlightedSugarcane
    Options

That opinion is true.

I've spent over 1500 hours on The Blight, and my opinions may negate some of my own efforts. I really think that being easy and being strong should not go hand in hand.

But I don't want having to endure the frustration of crazy hitboxes to be a necessary skill to improve him.
    Palette loops and window loops still require skill. I hope that these changes will make more loops solvable by Rush rather than making it easier to attack during loops.
    Also, changing 3 and 7 may require additional skills (max look angle may not need to be widened...)

Plus, there are some maps in this game that he probably wouldn't expect to run around on. More indoor maps will be added in the future. Rather than designing a map that is easy for him to run on, I think it would be easier to change it so that he can run comfortably on any map.

thanks for your opinion :)

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

True blight's basekit is actually pretty bad meanwhile his addons can make him auto pilot easy

• BlightedSugarcane
    Options

Hmm… I hear a lot of people saying that he's making the game worse, but what specific aspects of him do you think are the problem?

I think it's the Iri Label addon, the map dependency, and the base movement speed that's too fast to be caught on foot even if you can avoid the rush.

If there are any other elements I've forgotten, please let me know.