Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What’s your favorite Gen Build? (Survivor)

Options
MechWarrior3
MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,388

Interested in trying a Gen build. What do you like or find effective?

Answers

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

there's really only one worth using which is just the whole hyperfocus package. Everything else is just bad

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 58
    Options

The ultimate gen build I use:

Hyperfocus, Steak Out, Fogwise and Deja Vu.

Commodius Toolbox with BNP + Wire Spool

Map offering: RPD, Midwich or Glenvale map offering. Preferably Midwich and I'll explain why.

Hyperfocus + Steak Out: It's pretty much a given on why these two are paired. Hyperfocus boosts your great skill checks but makes them harder; Steak Out gives you guarantee great skill checks.

Fogwise: You're pretty much always going to know where the killer is at while you're working on a gen. Hyperfocus increases your skill check chance, so Fogwise will proc a lot while you're getting great skill checks with Steak Out. Great for call outs when playing in SWF. (I often switch this out for Kindred when playing solo queue)

Deja Vu: I would argue this is an S tier perk even on its own. Not only does it give you 6% increase repair speed on the revealed generators unconditionally, but it also gives you key insight on the generator positions, and which gen you should work on next so you don't end up with a poor 3-gen position in the mid game. (I often swap this out for Distortion, good perk to run so you're not interrupted while on gen, plus it gives you and your SWF information on what aura reading abilities the killer is using.)

The reasoning behind the map offerings:

- The best offering to use for this build is Midwich, because the map is so small you will almost always be in the killer's terror radius while on a generator.

- Since you're using Fogwise you will ALWAYS know if the killer is on the floor below or above you (on Midwich & RPD), so you know you're safe to continue repairing while also gaining Steak Out stacks. This is important because you don't want to lose your Hyperfocus stacks by getting off the gen when you could've just stayed on it.

- Glenvale is great for this build, since it's relatively small. Install BNP on the unsafest generator, and you can camp in saloon for Steak Out stacks. Save water tower and saloon gens for last if you can.

Cons:

- Steak Out and Fogwise is hard-countered by stealth killers.

- Fogwise is rendered completely useless by Tier 3 Mindbreaker perk.

- No exhaust perk.

Pros:

- Constant flow of information on killer's position

- Insanely fast gen repair speed if you do a good job maximizing value of Hyperfocus