We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

did they remove pallet saves?

Options
Rastabooze
Rastabooze Member Posts: 130

The last 10x someone tried a pallet safe the killer got stunned but there was no safe.

Instead the killer swung, got stunned and walked away hooking the surv.

Why is no automatic pallet safe when the killer gets stunned carrying a surv?

Answers

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,053
    Options

If they are getting stunned, then you see that by an animation. The only stun animation for killers that carry survivors is the wiggle off animation. If that animation isn't played, then they aren't stunned. Probably because the pallet was dropped too early. You need to drop the pallet right as the pick up animation ends and the killer can move again.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 344
    Options

Seen plenty of pallet saves this week so they were timing it incorrectly sounds like

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,090
    Options

This is very true they should add a buffer like flashlight saves so pallet saves require 0 effort

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,187
    Options

To be fair, you still get the Score-Event for stunning a Killer when dropping the Pallet too early. I guess this is where the confusion comes from.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,053
    Options

Really? I wasn't aware (and not for a lack of failed pallet save attempts on my part). I guess it makes sense, if someone was confused by that. That should probably be looked into (although, it would be kind of weird taking away the extra BP for failed attempt).

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,595
    Options

Could just change the name of the BP bonus from “Stunned” to something like “Attempted Rescue”

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,187
    edited April 16
    Options

I am 99% sure. But I did not fail a pallet save-attempt for a while, so I have not seen it recently. But renaming the score event in this case (Attempted Rescue as mentioned by @BlightedDolphin would sound good) might help.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186
    Options

I had it happen recently where I dropped the pallet on a killer who walked into it while carrying a survivor.
    We all heard the pallet hit sound, but the killer just kept walking.

On the topic of timing the pallet saves tho, I don't think the killer should have i-frames for the entire duration of the pick-up animation.
    When stunning the killer, it makes sense for him to drop the survivor back into a dying state if he's still in the process of picking them up, but once the survivor is up on the shoulder, dropping a pallet should count as a stun and pallet save.

Every time I'm doing a pallet save, I worry how ######### the servers are. Since you have to wait for the pickup animation to more or less completely end, if the killer is laggy there's a potential for them to just walk away on their end and not counting the pallet stun.
    Because even tho they have dedicated servers now, I swear everything is still verified on the killer's end for some reason.

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 130
    Options

I think you guys didnt read my post fully.

It´s always that the killer swings when he is getting stunned… and YES, you do get the stun points for it, but no safe