Is cheating hooks a thing now?

Options
singedeiru
singedeiru Member Posts: 4
edited April 15 in General Discussions

I get incidents that I down someone and I just don't get the prompt to hook them with hook not being broken.

Is it a bug or do they cheat in my 1/10 games now?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,247
    Options

If you have a video it would be more helpful. Maybe a Survivor was crouching in front of you, blocking the Hook? This would at least be an explanation which is neither a cheat nor a Bug.

• Funky_lPunk
    Funky_lPunk Member Posts: 47
    Options

Yes, that happened to me too, i also would love to know. I think it was a cheater however, because one of the survivors wiggled out within 2-3 seconds out of my grasp without flip flop nor me dropping from elevations with boil over. Weird thing tho is that i couldnt hook on hooks on which survs were hook prior, the never-used hooks were normal. Towards the endgame it stopped happening and hooks were normal, but that could've been a cheater just turning it off if that's a thing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,108
    Options

That's something I've seen cheaters do. If there is anything else fishy about them, it's fair to assume they were cheating.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,068
    Options

That's something I had with a guy that was also teleporting, including out of my grasp.

I clearly remember it because I've kept track of his Steam account after I've reported him with a video.

That was months ago. He never got banned. (That was also the last time I wasted my time writing a report.)