If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is cheating hooks a thing now?

Options
singedeiru
singedeiru Member Posts: 4
edited April 15 in General Discussions

I get incidents that I down someone and I just don't get the prompt to hook them with hook not being broken.

Is it a bug or do they cheat in my 1/10 games now?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

If you have a video it would be more helpful. Maybe a Survivor was crouching in front of you, blocking the Hook? This would at least be an explanation which is neither a cheat nor a Bug.

• Funky_lPunk
    Funky_lPunk Member Posts: 47
    Options

Yes, that happened to me too, i also would love to know. I think it was a cheater however, because one of the survivors wiggled out within 2-3 seconds out of my grasp without flip flop nor me dropping from elevations with boil over. Weird thing tho is that i couldnt hook on hooks on which survs were hook prior, the never-used hooks were normal. Towards the endgame it stopped happening and hooks were normal, but that could've been a cheater just turning it off if that's a thing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

That's something I've seen cheaters do. If there is anything else fishy about them, it's fair to assume they were cheating.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

That's something I had with a guy that was also teleporting, including out of my grasp.

I clearly remember it because I've kept track of his Steam account after I've reported him with a video.

That was months ago. He never got banned. (That was also the last time I wasted my time writing a report.)