We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Onryo Invisibility Bug

Options
Blueberry
Blueberry Member Posts: 12,793
edited April 16 in Bug Reporting

Onryo's Demanifested intermittent invisibility is currently bugged when to where the times it shows the killer they are invisible or visible are not the times you are invisible or visible to the survivor. What you see as the Onryo and what the survivor sees are out of sync since her last patch. This prevents you from actually using it as a mind game which is what's intended since it's feeding you incorrect information. What's worse is that the longer you are demanifested, the larger the desync becomes.

-All platforms

-Bug recurs in ALL matches.

I do not take credit for this video as it is someone else's and not mine, but he demonstrates the bug and explains its working in heavy detail to help y'all understand the issue and what's going on. Apologies for some rudeness that might be in it, I'm just using it to help y'all fix this bug since he explains it very thoroughly to help y'all solve the problem.

On top of that there is an additional bug related to this that is not mentioned in the video. This additional bug is the invisibility frames for Onryos phasing not lasting as long as they are supposed to post her last patch. I will quote his explanation to help you better understand.

"In my testing you only get about 0.784 seconds worth of invisibility on the survivor side (it varies but the longest I've seen it is 0.8s). This time is taken from the frame she completely disappears to the frame she becomes visible and I'm fairly certain it's meant to be 1.2 seconds worth of invisibility (genuinely can't find the older patch notes anywhere talking about the buff demanifesting invisibility gained so can't confirm) meaning she is 34.7% weaker than she currently should be when it comes to this mechanic."

I'm linking below another video demonstrating this second bug with Onryo for her invisibility durations. This video is also not mine so I take no credit for this. Again, apologies for any rudeness in the video as it's not mine, just using for its demonstration of the bug to help y'all fix it. Thanks!

So TLDR: The visible and invisible frames survivors see and what Onryo sees are out of sync from eachother with both sides seeing different things rendering it unable to be used for its intended purpose. Her passive invisibility flickers are also not lasting as long as they are supposed to post her last patch that had supposedly increased them.

Post edited by Blueberry on
7 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments