If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Cenobite Chain Hunt Rework (Suggestion)

Options
WeirdHexButOk
WeirdHexButOk Member Posts: 23
edited April 16 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let me start off by saying, I think BHVR's original concept for this killer is amazing and very fitting for the Cenobite. However, I think his kit could use some modifications to make him easier to play as and against. My main issue with Pinhead is his chain hunts, they're always overwhelming when active and completely useless while inactive. On top of that, survivors often hold onto the box or solve it immediately with little to no repercussions, especially when in a swf. Therefore, I propose the following changes:

• When the box has spawned and a chain hunt is inactive, all healthy survivors are automatically targeted by 1 chain every 30 seconds.
    • The idea behind this change is to provide pinhead with base-kit information and a little bit of slowdown.
    • This wouldn't be too obnoxious because injured survivors are not affected by automatic chains at this point. 
    • Keep in mind that a single chain is incredibly easy to break or avoid and survivors can body block chains.
    • Hiding in a locker should also prevent chains from spawning at any point.
  • When Pinhead picks up the box, all survivors scream, they are bound by 3 chains, and a chain hunt begins. 
    • The box respawns after 15 seconds.
  • When a survivor holds the box at any point they suffer from the oblivious status effect.
    • The rest of their team is unaffected by auto chains or a chain hunt at this point.
    • If a survivor solves the box at any point, the chain hunt meter resets and can still charge up; however, survivors cannot be affected by auto chains while the box is de-spawned.
  • If a survivor holds the box while a chain hunt is inactive, they will be automatically targeted by 1 chain every 15 seconds, regardless of their health state.
    • At this point, automatic chains have the ability to interrupt the box from being solved.
    • If a survivor solves the box at this point, they will be targeted by 1 chain every 5 seconds for 15 seconds afterwards and the box respawns after 30 seconds.
  • When a chain hunt is active and the box is on the ground, any and all survivors are automatically targeted by one chain every 15 seconds simultaneously.
    • 15 seconds should be just enough time to slow down healing and prevent totems from being cleansed or blessed. 
  • When a survivor holds the lament configuration during a chain hunt, they are automatically targeted by one chain every 5 seconds.
    • This would be very similar to how the live version works.
    • Chain hunt chains would not interrupt the box from being solved.
  • When a survivor solves the box during a chain hunt, the box respawns after 45 seconds.

This rework seems fair considering that neither automatic chains or chain hunts are super oppressive with these changes. Also, I'm assuming that chain hunts take 90 seconds to activate, although this may be wrong. I know these are a lot of changes, but do you think this sounds fairer than the live version?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments