We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Do you rate "Did you have fun?"

Options
Lixadonna
Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111

Does it matter?

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,967
    edited April 16
    Options

Only when I don't have fun. What else would I use it for when I get a 4 slowdown Nurse with Midwich offering and a wall-hack script?

The devs check it as one of their many tools to see trends and get a pulse for if something is experienced by the whole playerbase, or just the vocal users. It only matters for their internal use.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,379
    Options

Yes, I use it. I don't know if it does anything but it's an easy way of giving feedback that takes me a second so I use it

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,216
    Options

I feel the "Did you have fun - Rate between 1 - 5" is absolutely useless because the rating has no context to the developers on why I give it that rating. It just makes me feel like the data is going to be misunderstood or misused if it even is used.

You won't know why I rated it a 5 and you won't know why I rated it a 1. So the information is useless because if you think for example I'll enjoy every game on Midwich or I'll always enjoy playing against a Hillbilly you're misusing the data. The only thing the rating is for is "What do these games have in common"

If I knew how it was actually used I'd use the feature.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

afaik that is exactly how it is used tho. There's a somewhat old thread somewhere with a dev (I think it was a dev reply) where they said it's used to get a general feel and to see if there are certain constellations/co-occuring factors that result in a negative rating significantly more often. It's by no means perfect but it's a bit of a smoke detector. With a smoke detector you don't know if it was just that seared steak and everything is all good - or if the whole room is about to be ablaze. But you get a heads up to look into it before it's too late.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
  • Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 188
    Options

Sometimes, depending on it being great or terrible. Average really doesn't matter to me. Mostly great games though.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186
    Options

Even if some people would use it randomly or for a specific match they just didn't have fun in, thousands of votes would eventually show cases that are more common where people have fun or don't have fun.

IMO it should be a simple upvote or downvote tho. Seems excessive to have a multi-choice grading system. Like what's the purpose of voting in the middle?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,216
    edited April 16
    Options

I agree with removing the middle three options it just doesn't logically make sense - Yeah I get that overall it can be used to categorize player satisfaction per game but there are so many variables on why a player could be rating a game?

Liked / Disliked a perk in play? A killer in play? Addons? A specific person? A griefer? The map? An offering? Didn't get your battlepass challenge? Maybe you were tilted? Crossplay players? Cheaters? Lag or high ping?

How do the developers even take into account these things? I feel a lot of this without contextual answers can mislead what the data would be used for. I feel like it should be a "Did you have fun? Yes / No"

After you click it then it gives you 4 random questions you can then pick with the 4th one being none of the above. I feel like something like that would help players feel like their voice is heard but also give more contextual info to BHVR.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 103
    Options

I think that this function is now superfluous and no longer useful in this game.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,249
    Options

Yes.

But i use it more like a good/normal/bad game rating.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,967
    edited April 16
    Options
  • MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,727
    Options

Extremely rarely but when a killer plays in a really fun way, or a really toxic way for that matter, I will sometimes rate how much fun I had.

It is far more common that I will give a player a thumbs up, I have particular respect for killers who will still not resort to tunnelling etc when they are clearly struggling in a match.

I also thumb up good and wholesome team mates