We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Killers with useless or unnecessary mechanics

Options
BlueHorkew
BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,078

Just talking about some mechanics on certain killers that are just either useless, dont add anything to gameplay or should just be removed in general

1- Billy heat dissipation- I dont know why this exist, maybe only to create useless add-ons. If the time was harsh, i would understand, but its so forgiving that the mechanic basically doesnt exist and it is a waste

2- Bubba tantrum meter- Has this ever done anything ever? If it was added to prevent camping, it never did anything. Why is it there?

3- Wesker's hindered- Being able to be grabbed from full should be the reward. Why does the infection need to apply a constant hinder to secure a down and promote tunneling? BL is already a mechanic to secure downs, why does he need more free help?

4- Skull Merchant drone hacked- If drones can call hacked drones immeadiatly not giving her any punishment, then just give her the drone back once its hacked automatically. No need for it to still be there.

Do you this mechanics have purpose, any other mechanics that dont need to exist and wouldnt change much?

Comments

• GeneralSkien
    GeneralSkien Member Posts: 100
    Options
    1. Losing Heat is both, to encourage you to keep using your power, but mostly its because too much work was went on adding the original heat meter, I guess they wanted all of it
    2. Bubba tantrum is to punish hitting a wall, if a survivor vaults a window and bubba hits the wall the tantrum gives a survivor a chance to escape, it also prevents using the chainsaw around tight loops without a risk of heavy punishment
    3. Wesker's infection without the hindered is the weakest. With all other killers its somewhat deadly (Even Nemesis's disease is stronger than wesker's not taking hindered into account) also, you get plenty of cures throughout the match. However I will admit the hindered is TOO strong and should be toned down a bit.
    4. Skull Merchant… Yeah I don't have a defense for that, its a bit jarring they linger, only to be destroyed, it adds nothing honestly

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,319
    Options
    1. Billy heat dissipation and related addons - Yea these addons don’t really matter nor does heat dissipation in general usually. You can just quickly tap the chainsaw if needed to prevent heat from dissipating. These addons should be changed to something else.
    2. Bubba tantrum meter - I don't think this is really an issue, while it's not that impactful against camping, it is pretty much the only thing it matters for at all. If you accidentally fill up the tantrum meter while in chase then you are probably not using his chainsaw correctly. I think tantrums in general should be a little bit shorter though (or at least when hitting a wall).
    3. Wesker infection hindered effect - If you removed the hindered from infection then I feel like it'd be too easy for injured survivors to just ignore it since they don't care about the one-shot if they're already injured. While the infection will still reduce Wesker's power recharge time a little, it's not really much of a hindrance to that survivor specifically. I'd rather directly do something about its effectiveness for tunneling instead such as not allowing it to progress after getting unhooked until taking a conspicuous action.
    4. Skull Merchant drones being immediately recallable after a hack - I would say that at the moment drone hacking isn't rewarding enough for survivors and doesn't have enough drawbacks for the Skull Merchant. Ultimately though, my opinion is that this is just one component of how poorly designed Skull Merchant is in general. She needs a LOT of changes.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 863
    Options

Knights neglected treatment since release just leaving him in a poor state for so long.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 190
    Options

"Even Nemesis's disease is stronger than wesker's not taking hindered into account." In what way? Nemesis's infection does absolutely nothing except allow for the tentacle to damage survivors. I wish being infected hindered the survivors in some way. LIke, for example, zombies move 50% faster when chasing infected survivors

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,235
    Options

I love making Zombies into PTB Victor, that's a great idea.

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 170
    Options

Zombies move at, like, 2.0 m/s by default. If they're moving 50% faster than they usually do with this suggestion, that's 3.0 m/s. Strong, but not worth losing it over. His zombie movement speed addons would probably need an adjustment but you're grossly exaggerating.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,235
    Options

I'm glad someone picked up on the hyperbole.

There's a reason Zombies move that slow and I don't fancy giving him more useless addons because the movement speed addons would get annihilated.

• Sandt1985
    Options

Zombies actually move at 1 meter per second, or 25% of survivor running speed

• Sandt1985
    Options

Zombies only move at 1 meter per second, or 25% survivor moving speed. A 50% boost to that would bring them up to……

- dramatic drumroll -

37.5% survivor running speed.

Even with Nemesis's current zombie speed addons, this is not an issue at all. The goal is to make T-Virus infection do something else besides make survivors take damage from the tentacle strike. But if you don't like that suggestion, please, I'm willing to hear others

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 170
    Options

Wait, really? There's no way they're that slow. I could have sworn you could get them to move at almost 4.0 with shattered badge and ink ribbon.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,596
    Options
    1. Billy - I agree. You can just tap to stop it. It feels like they had no idea what to do with those add ons and just left them in.
    2. Bubba - if you mean the metre when he continuously charges his chainsaw, then that was implemented for a reason. It’s to stop him standing in front of the hook and just constantly rev the chainsaw which makes unhooks impossible because he can down the rescuer before they can reach the hook. It’s doesn’t make it impossible for him to camp, it’s there to make it actually possible to hook save/trade.
    3. Wesker - it’s there to encourage you to cleanse. Without it there would be minimal difference between being injured or healthy so you could stay injure and focus gens. I think it’s there just to pressure you into using them more and encourage Wesker’s to use their power more.
    4. Skull Merchant - yeah this seems like an oversight. There should be more reason to hack drones. Right now it’s not that much different to just leave it and repair the gens in the radius since it doesn’t see you then anyway (and we all know she only places them on gens)

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,938
    Options
    1. These are placeholder add-ons at best. I hope to see them reworked.
    2. It's an anti facecamp measure, similar to Billy's old Overheat but actually punishes you for revving the chainsaw in front of a hooked survivor rather than punishing you for using the chainsaw to begin with. I think it's a good mechanic.
    3. It's what mainly encourages survivors to use a spray rather than staying injured and fully infected at once. I do believe there should be something to discourage Wesker from tunneling, like pausing the Uroboros meter when a survivor is downed or hooked with a 15 second linger after the unhook or being picked up, or making his power recharge a bit faster per fully infected survivor instead of Hindered.
    4. 100% agree on this, hacking drones should be more rewarding.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    Options

The max speed zombies can move is 3m/s with Ink Ribbon and Stars badge for 60 seconds after a generator is completed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,059
    Options

I reckon that the tantrum meter on Bubba is responsible for him going randomly into tantrum and then losing the ability to use his power for the rest of the game, so that definitely isn't useless. It's just not a good thing. I also reckon they introduced it so that, like Billy, he couldn't face camp hooks with a 99ed chainsaw. Only that issue has been solved anyway and now it makes no difference anymore.

With everything else on your list, I agree. I'd also add a part of SIngularity's anti camping mechanic. When you are still next to a hook, you can't use your power to quickly slipstream and teleport away, which is the exact opposite of camping. They could just make it so that only biopods in a certain range around the hook are affected.

• Sandt1985
    Options

That brings them up to 75% movement speed of a running survivor, and the 75% zombies are actually really useful. I suggest giving it a try. You might be surprised with the results

• SimpleSage
    SimpleSage Member Posts: 86
    Options

Its true, I had a Nemi match where I was just on my a game, 3-gen chase. Somehow didn't see any zombies for the first 2 gens, the 3rd one popped and I got pincer attacked by both zombies + Nemi and essentially insta -downed after the zombies appeared out of thin air. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, I screamed so loud I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call the cops out of concern. That Nemi needed to give those zombies a raise.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 247
    Options

That's not quite true; Infection shuts down stealthy play styles and kills Distortion plays.

When RPD had a library and everybody had CoH and Shadow Step, both Nemesis and Plague infections were very much relevant.

It's not much, but it's still something. Quite nice for tunneling because you give yourself away mid infection and post cleanse. Meanwhile Wesker you can be Exposed and Hinderrd but still ghost him if by some chance he caught you off guard with Stealth