We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

So Yea, Meet Your Maker Is Just Dead Now

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,764
edited April 16 in Off-topic

Im surprised I havent seen many people talk about this in the Off-Topic section but the BHVR Forums completely removed the Meet Your Maker section.

"The entire world of Meet Your Maker has been explored," was basically them telling us that all future content would be stopped… but oh right, we got skins… that are mostly just basic reskins of existing assets, and a roadmap that is basically a train slowly reaching the end of it's rails effectively.

I reckon give or take a few months or so the servers will be shut down completely, UGC (user generated content) will basically be dead, and the game will just be a memory in everyone's steam library. Which sucks to see, since MYM was a game I cared about.

None of this is to say that MYM is bad, the issue is that the game was riddled with game breaking bugs on launch that basically made half the playerbase quit, there was not enough content there for UGC on launch, and there was just far too little fixes and content at too slow of a pace.

I do think there is definitely some alternative timeline or something where MYM thrived. It DID have potential. UGC content is why Mario Maker remained prevalent for a long time, MYM having PC and Console versions made it had a broader reach and it could have done insanely well had the launch went well.

:(