360 = camp

RemoveSWF
RemoveSWF Member Posts: 509

This ######### is more annoying than Decisive Strike.

Yet another no-skill tactic like pallet looping that survivors use, abusing an unintentional gameplay mechanic to get an unfair advantage.

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    ThePloopz said:
    See but I’m constantly hearing that 360ing only works on bad/inexperienced killers so it’s either you’re exaggerating or you’re a bad/inexperienced killer. 
    rare that i agree with this scrub, but hes right.

git gud and 360s wont be a big deal
  • Lowbei

heres how this works.

when chasing a survivor that might 360 you, you simply walk into melee range and click, dont lunge.

its literally that simple.

the lunge is just a gap closer, and it locks you into a direction for a moment. the lunge is what makes the 360 work.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@AlexAnarchy said:
    360s are actually okay in my books as many other killers...I'd rather be 360'd and juked or stealthed all game than ever be pallet looped , even with the fact it's almost as dangerous for the survivors now : P

Speaking of that someone just tried that on me and dropped the pallet on the other survivor right in front of me instantly downing them. I got credit for it even though I wasn't the one that downed them. It was even funnier because there was a hook 2 steps away.

• Lowbei

Honestly? It's only annoying when playing as Hillbilly and they're doing that or they have a macro (which isn't as common) that allows them to do an instant 360.

I thought the OP was complaining about that little 360 twirl they like to do after throwing down a safe pallet. It's either that or the teabag they love to do.

... people dont have 360 macros. they arent needed. its just wasd lol, and its not instant
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

360 is just a latency exploit that makes people to appear teleporting.
    It has to be expected in a peer to peer game with very few movement limitations, and I doubt it will change anytime soon.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    SaltyKiller said:

Honestly? It's only annoying when playing as Hillbilly and they're doing that or they have a macro (which isn't as common) that allows them to do an instant 360.

I thought the OP was complaining about that little 360 twirl they like to do after throwing down a safe pallet. It's either that or the teabag they love to do.

... people dont have 360 macros. they arent needed. its just wasd lol, and its not instant

Wrong. I've seen it first hand where a guy was able to 360 in an instant. It's possible you just haven't seen it yet.

he wasnt using a macro. you simply arent experienced enough with 360s to know what it looks like.
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Treat it like Dead Hard. Get close, let them 360, then hit them. It’s easy.
  • Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

TC, 360 only works if you're tunneling so hard you forget the S key exists. Just back up and spinning doesn't work.
    You can also predict it and lunge in whatever direction the spin ends at to catch them, most people spin right as they're right handed so you just pivot right abit and lunge right and you'll catch em'

• rxz
    rxz Member Posts: 1

How hard did you hit your head OP and what drugs do you use?

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Another thing to complain about huh

• Yoonz
    Yoonz Member Posts: 66

@RemoveSWF said:
    This ######### is more annoying than Decisive Strike.

Yet another no-skill tactic like pallet looping that survivors use, abusing an unintentional gameplay mechanic to get an unfair advantage.

I like the roleplay.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

360's only work on inexperimented killers. If you're tired of 360, just wait for the very last moment to hit them (you can even spot a dead hard that way).

• Lowbei
    people complain that nurse seems to autoaim them after a blink.

whats actually happening here, is that all killers have an auto aim on normal swipes, but nobody ever does them because the lunge is the default for most killers. the nurse doesnt lunge after a blink, she swings normal.

thus, simply close the gap that lunge would have done, then swing. it will follow their circle and hit them.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    i keep my sensitivity high and try to anticipate.  if i turn shortly after them, they are going to be hit.  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    oh, wait.  you're that seething with rage dude from my thread about tunneling.  let me try you.

if i see you, i will 360 you and then when you get mad, i will 360 you again.  i am sure i am forgetting something but you get the idea.
  • Pharmacy
    Pharmacy Member Posts: 29

The advice you're all giving in this thread is nice and great for other killer players struggling with 360s, but OP's name is literally RemoveSWF. You're wasting your time here :p

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    @RemoveSWF There's no way it's more annoying than DS. I rarely if ever come across people that are good at pulling it off. DS has to be one of the highest hated perks by killer mains. It's impending nerf is a killers dream come true :) 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    i get flagged for every post these days, regardless of content.  i wonder if they are catching on yet?
  • Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69

@RemoveSWF said:
    Tyde says the best way to counter it is by just tapping the attack button, i.e. not lunging. This method is very inconsistent, in my own experience.

The best way I've found to counter it is by lunging from far away. This means if they try to 360 they just 360 into your weapon rather than spinning around you. However, it also gives them more of a warning and more angles to escape from without a 360.

I always thought the best way to counter a 360 was to just back up. If they're spamming 360's and you walk backwards, they aren't going to end up behind you during their spins.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Jack11803

Hahaahhaahah, I saw that. Amazing.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018
    Jack11803 said:

People are disgusted at the OP so much he made it to top posts on reddit

MFW we're famous.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ2CeVEzPo
    Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:
    Jack11803 said:

MFW when we're famous.

When you JPEG to the next dimension

• EpicFailTryHard
    oh, that is a hoot.  
  • EpicFailTryHard

i think he thought he was tom cruise speaking to an arch-villian in one of the "mission impossible" movies.
  • EpicFailTryHard

ji
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

I'm a 2k+ killer main and trust me, 360s are okay. If you're missing them, then you need to not rush your hit and make sure it lands. In other words, git gud.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

If you fell for a 360 against the same survivor more than once in a game, you are just a bad/inexperienced killer. Sorry but git gud.

• EpicFailTryHard
    i have videos of doing such but...meh.  i want him to beg me to see them and i may break off a ten second clip.  two words-sincere groveling. 
  • Lowbei
    allychaan said:

@ OP for thinking 360s are no skill

careful, the OP gets all butthurt when you laugh :)
  • Pharmacy
    Pharmacy Member Posts: 29

@TheXenoborg said:
    And he's right. SWF is a huge problem in the game and must either be removed or balanced. It's what's making the game worse for a lot of us. But other than that, he must learn to counter 360s, since they're not that much of a problem.

There is a difference between understanding SWF is unbalanced and calling for reasonable changes and nerfs so that it is fairer and fun for all without severely screwing over survivors or killers, and then being someone who constantly and aggressively calls for everything survivors do to be nerfed and removed because simply playing the role is toxic and deserving of facecamping. He clearly will not listen to us so it is a waste to keep writing to him and trying to give tips when he probably doesn't deserve them anyway.

• Dibs
    Dibs Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2018

@Jack11803 said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@Zanfer said:

Just like when you guys all bitched about the first hatch change?

"IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Hey, you know what else isn't fair? DS.

Fun fact : what about-ism is originally a communist political move to undermine the other side when what they said is valid. Quite simply...

Fun fact: Ironically, this comment is an example of the guilt by association ad hominem fallacy. However, i agree that Zanfer is engaging in about-ism, also known as the appeal to hypocrisy logical fallacy. Which is ironic, because you being hypocritical in your criticism of him or her.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dibs said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@Zanfer said:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Fun fact : what about-ism is originally a communist political move to undermine the other side when what they said is valid. Quite simply...

Fun fact: Ironically, this comment is an example of the guilt by association ad hominem fallacy. However, i agree that Zanfer is engaging in about-ism, also known as the appeal to hypocrisy logical fallacy.

Fun facts are fun

• Dibs
    Dibs Member Posts: 22

@Jack11803 said:

@Dibs said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@Zanfer said:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Fun fact: Ironically, this comment is an example of the guilt by association ad hominem fallacy. However, i agree that Zanfer is engaging in about-ism, also known as the appeal to hypocrisy logical fallacy.

Fun facts are fun

Fun fact: Fun facts are fun.