We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

8 kicks per gen is too much 3 gen stragedy still too strong

Options
Deathstroke
Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,035
edited April 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

3 gen stragedy is still very viable and in some situations even better than before like 3vs1. Killer normal kick takes now 5% progress and you can't just tap to stop the regression like before which means you lose lot more progress. 8 kicks is lot of especially when killer can have perks like pop, pain res and grim embrace.

They slow down the game a lot and take away lot of progress so killer does not need that many kicks to effectively camp the 3 gens and secure the win. So 8 kicks is too much I would say reduce is to either 5 or 6. You have to take account in soloQ players will not have samd patience as 4 man swf on coms.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 51
    Options

Agreed, I had a game on swamp with nemesis earlier and from the start they were protecting an awful 3 gen spawn near the tower thing and shack. The game lasted like 40 minutes and somehow with two people being solo Q we did manage to break it but man it was awful especially with the zombies. Gen tapping should come back but keep the 5% or the number of regression events should be four. OR alternatively whenever a gen is damaged it counts as a regression event for the purposes of blocking it for all gens within 32 meters or something like that.

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 186
    Options

We could always ask for the gen spawn logic to be adjusted as well and tweak maps from there. I can't count how many times I've been on a generator during a match and have essentially been less than 20 meters of at least one other gen, sometimes even two.

It would at least be a start towards making balanced maps for both killer and survivor, because that's where the issue resides.

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 186
    Options

Yeah exactly this. If the devs are targeting at least 60% kill rate for even their worst performing killers and are adjusting maps to compensate, the killers already at 60% jump at least another 10 even 20% with those changes.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 247
    Options

I just want to kick gens for Trail, Nowhere to Hide, machine learning, Unforeseen and Call of Brine zombie value.

I literally can't take Jolt anymore as my only actual slowdown perk anymore because Jolt literally shuts my build off, but without it the gen that I wanted to Machine Learn gets popped just as I get there.

I could only accept this change if I can kick gens for 0%, but then CoB would bypass the whole point of 3 gen protection...

• Deathstroke
    Options

I don't think it will affect normal matches when have you kicked the same gen 8 times? Because I haven't even once hit the limit and not either any of the killers I faced even we had skull mechant camping 3 gen almost from the start and the match lasted 30 minutes until survivors gave up.

I counted her kicking the same gen 7 times and other gens about same. So yes it would primary affects only 3 gen situation. Well other solutions would be bring gen tapping back or change gen spawns. But tapping would punish killers playing normally too so I think reducing amount of gen kicks is the best way to go.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Killer can have total 8 per gen not while match so potentially so in 3 gen situation that means 3×8= 24 regression events. I pointed out it's not fine as 3 gen stragedy still powerful with the other changes that made one gen kick very impactful. I don't have control over my teammates to make them have patience for 30+ minutes match.

It's still easy for killer to camp them even if my teammates play well as killer can caught survivor from bad situation when they can start the chase 10+ times and wait when they get lucky enough.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,014
    Options

8 regression per game (per gen) is nothing. This is already very kind of the devs to help survivors who manage to 3-gen themselves.

I regularly hit the limit in a normal game without even the need for a 3 gen.

• caligraph
    caligraph Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 246
    Options

the issue was always gen spawns not how much you can kick a gen. in a perfect world there'd be no max regression events because gen spawns would actually be reasonable.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,088
    edited April 18
    Options

3 gen stalemates that last 60 minutes are not a thing anymore. COB received a 41% nerf to total regression, OC received a 61% nerf to total regression, and eruption no longer incapacitates survivors on top of the 8 kick limit. You have to actually get hooks to apply any worthwhile regression which means taking chases.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,800
    Options

The point of the system wasn't to prevent killers from holding 3 gens. It was just to prevent stalling out games to server timeout.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Nothing? 1 kicks takes 5% of progress and causes gen to regress. Then add to perk like pop, pain res and you can remove 55% percent of progress with 2 regression events nothing? Then add grim embrace you can block the gens 12s 3 times and once for 40s. That is huge and making camping 3 easy. Especially dull merchant who can place 10 drones to the area. Many maps 3 gens are right side by side. So even once you get past that 8 regression events it's still take lot of time to fix them.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,976
    Options
  • Deathstroke
    Options

Okay let me explain the match which teached me 8 regression is too many

Demogorgon first played normally and chased bur camped me to second stage. Then he tunneled one of us out not me surpricingly he just wanted Jill death. He got her with the aura reading iri add on. But my teammatea unfortunately 3 genned us earlier one of those gen had regressed from 60% progress to 0%.

Now one other gen had been fixed to 50% but demogorgon regressed it with pop. Then he started to just camp the 3 gens

I focused on single gen my teammate helped but focused on the other gen after demo kept coming back to it. Other teammate started the middle gen then. But she went down as demo knew which chase to pick. My gen was regressed pain res and the other with pop.

Demo also kep putting portals on gens so we had tom remove those so he would not get surprice attacks. He kept coming to my gen kicking it again and eventually he downed someone again as they didn't heal and once we tried to actually heal he found us with the aura add on.

Eventually he got another down and again pain res, pop and grim embrace. My gen cosntantly went from 70% to down 20-40%. Other 2 gen got regressed completely. Eventually demo got one of us out and still continued camping the 3 gen in 2vs1.

I got my gen to 70% and he kicked it once again probably 8th time. Then chased me for minute and left as he knew the other gen was also 70% now. He went there and got the other survivor down. I had no hatch luck and he killed me too finding me with the aura add onn. The demo was P100 so he knew what tactics to use I give that he had good game sense but meh chase skills. The match lasted almost 40 minutes.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,637
    Options

Okey let's say bhvr hears you and killers get even less regression events. Nowthe need to bring the strongest regression perks only is even higher and survs don't like that. With less regression events the killer probably has no way to fight against gens especially if he doesn't bring meta regression perks.

So now bhvr needs to rebalanced the game since fighting against the gens is futile. Are you gonna choose even longe m1 gameplay cause the gens need to take more time to finish or are you gonna pick shorter chases? One of the two would likely need to happen

• Deathstroke
    Options

If he would played better he would not have to camp 3 gens and start chases over and over again until finally all pallets are used and when he caught one mistake from survivor whereas he made dozens of mistakes. That is literally the worst you can play but still win. Is the bar even that high to win agains't soloQ? If we would been swf we would whiped the floor with him.

• LeFennecFox
    edited April 19
    Options

Survivors are expected to get escapes vs killers like demo. If it’s not going down to the last 1-2 gens then survivors have played poorly or the map rng was heavily against them. Surprise surprise without high mobility/scary chase powers you have to wait for survivor mistakes to get downs.

tl:dr the ball is in the survivors court and they air balled it

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 921
    Options

If we would been swf we would whiped the floor with him.

exactly…

so it seems like buff for soloQ is more needed than nerf for killers.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 302
    Options

Having to repair up to 5% to stop regression can make some 3gen scenarios basically impossible to win. If the survivors don't have perfect coordination, a killer that can pressure both edge gens before survivors can stop the regression becomes a nightmare since they can keep gens regressing and even though survivors tried to repair it to stop regression, they can't get enough progress. This results in more consistent regression as well as not causing the generator to have more regression events, making the anti-3gen mechanic work against the survivors.

Obviously with a limit on gen regression events now in the game, gen tapping cannot return as it was before, otherwise it would be very broken. However I think reducing the amount of gen progress require to stop regression from 5% to 2.5% would be a good middle ground to help against these 3gen nightmare scenarios against hard 3gen builds on killers that synergize with them.

• LeFennecFox
    edited April 21
    Options

Anti gen tap is fine unless the rng is so bad they’re on top each other which is not a problem with the mechanic itself. Even the strongest killers can’t do much about survivors working on a gen and leaving early when they return. They will use all gen kicks eventually unless survivors mess up.

what is a 3 gen build though ? Eruption is decent but overcharge and cob are heavily nerfed you can’t be in a 3 gen and win unless you’re taking chases and getting hook related regression.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 395
    Options

If regressions such as pop, painless, surge, etc. are exempted, I think it is fine to reduce them, but otherwise, the number of times the limit should be relaxed. It is not uncommon for some parks to reach the limit, even when they are not currently locked in 3gen.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 90
    Options

the 8 gen regression is a problem. It rewards rushing a gen. The best way to do deal with a 3 gen. Don’t pop gens next to eachother. Work from the center of the map to the outer ones. Can’t tell you how many times survivors pop a gen just to run to the one directly next to it. Put some thought behind gens