If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Dredge buff ideas

Options

When playing Dredge, maps have no locker dead zones.

Buff to Nightfall: When entering Nightfall, all locked lockers become unlocked. Survivors cannot lock lockers during Nightfall. Lockers that were unlocked from Nightfall become locked when Nightfall ends.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,856
    Options

This seems a tad much to me. I'd go with:

During Nightfall; you break out of locked lockers 50% faster, and any survivors locking a locker during Nightfall are revealed by killer instinct.

Besides that, the best changes to Dredge would be changes to maps to add more lockers....

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 356
    Options

A better way to look at it is: if dredge ignored locks on lockers during it's limited time power, would that be busted? OP?

Of course not. It'd still be a bad killer. Most of the time it's not in nightfall. This change would maybe take it to low B tier, if that.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,856
    Options

Dredges power might be highly situational, but when it lines up right it can be incredibly oppressive. I've had games when I've yo-yoed between two hooks next to lockers just downing the rescuer on repeat, burning through 6-8 hooks in about 2 minutes. Yes it's an extreme example, but it shows how effective an instant teleport right next to a survivor can be.

If locks are meaningless in Nightfall, that removes the main counterplay survivors have, and Dredge can just choose not to break locks outside of Nightfall, bypassing it entirely. It would be like Xeno on launch with it's extremely reliable way of disabling turrets, makingbthem completely useless.

I do think locks are a bit too much of a counter for what Dredge gets out of it's power, but that doesn't mean that counter shouldn't exist, it just needs to be less impactful.

Without locks entirely, It could make Dredge like Singularity without the limitations of Biopods and EMPs, or like Hag without the distance limit.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 356
    edited April 18
    Options

Everything can be "oppressive" when lined up right. At the end of the day it's a limited duration ability and you can tell what locker it's teleporting to. It's not equivalent to any of the killers you mentioned because pods and traps have indefinite duration. If you have two survivors hooked simultaneously you've won regardless of who you're playing.

I don't understand how anyone argues against dredge buffs. Try it out in a ptb.