What is your thought on Quick Gambit+Open handed?

Options
Devil_hit11
Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,506
edited April 17 in General Discussions

Should this combo work? Quick Gambit got buffed awhile back but nobody is using it. A buff could be that open handed extends range of the perk.

Comments

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 855
    Options

Quick gambit has the worst idea ever of a survivor perk, you don't wanna bring the killer to the gen, it's simple and not difficult to understand

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

From RAW it shouldn't but even if it did work it wouldn't make quick gambit worth using still

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,001
    edited April 17
    Options

Unless they buff it to like 64m+ or something, I don't think it'll ever be good.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,999
    Options

Quick gambit is only good if a killer is so set up in tunneling that they're willing to ignore a generator about to pop which is extremely rare

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 66
    Options

They should rework the perk to give repair speed on the furthest generators instead.

But to answer your question, it would be an interesting interaction. I was actually surprised by how many people tried the this combo, I guess the perk description made it seem like being highlighted makes the gen repair speed faster, not the other way around.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 52
    Options

Quick gambit only works as a perk if the numbers are stupidly high like +50% gen repair speed since… well you don't want to run the killer near gens. Or alternatively just buff the current numbers to like 64 meters, still not a good perk but you would get some use out of it without having to throw.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 150
    Options

People are so focused on efficiency that they want Quick Gambit to be this godlike perk that lets them do gens while in chase when it is more a drive-by Prove Thyself with which you focus no gen in particular but instead mildly boost everyone you happen to come across. It is a last resort if you have to go a gen to survive and maybe the boost lets whoever is there finish that gen before you get to it. Even with that consideration it is not a very good perk because it is highly dependent on map and coordination.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,070
    edited April 18
    Options

I still think people are sleeping on this perk. Granting 8% passively to the rest of your team in a 36m range on any small map, multi floored map or a map with a strong central building is pretty darn good.

If it worked with Open Handed, it'd be pretty darn great combo... yet people are acting like giving everyone within a 52m radius of you an 8% repair boost is trash.

Still looks like certain survivors want MFT level broken, otherwise the perk is trash.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 284
    edited April 18
    Options

they should invert the range. Something like "while in chase generators 32/40ish meters from you get an 8/10ish bonus"

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

what does quick gambit do exactly?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,013
    Options
  • 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

im not doing my homework i can promise you that→currently in math class

ima get my G.E.D. i promise you that much

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,621
    edited April 18
    Options

I think Quick Gambit should get a simple rework: add the bonus to any highlighted generator by you

What does that mean you may ask? Simple, if you highlight a gen with a perk (including QG itself), teammates will get the boost

Perks that highlight gens:

Blast Mine
    Wiretap
    Probably some other that I can't remember now

(Deja Vu and Visionary should not work since you are not highlighting the gen to your teammates. However, maybe it could work if you are using a map with the glass bead add-on)