If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What is your thought on Quick Gambit+Open handed?

Options
Devil_hit11
Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,641
edited April 17 in General Discussions

Should this combo work? Quick Gambit got buffed awhile back but nobody is using it. A buff could be that open handed extends range of the perk.

Comments

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 881
    Options

Quick gambit has the worst idea ever of a survivor perk, you don't wanna bring the killer to the gen, it's simple and not difficult to understand

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

From RAW it shouldn't but even if it did work it wouldn't make quick gambit worth using still

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,064
    edited April 17
    Options

Unless they buff it to like 64m+ or something, I don't think it'll ever be good.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

Quick gambit is only good if a killer is so set up in tunneling that they're willing to ignore a generator about to pop which is extremely rare

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 80
    Options

They should rework the perk to give repair speed on the furthest generators instead.

But to answer your question, it would be an interesting interaction. I was actually surprised by how many people tried the this combo, I guess the perk description made it seem like being highlighted makes the gen repair speed faster, not the other way around.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 58
    Options

Quick gambit only works as a perk if the numbers are stupidly high like +50% gen repair speed since… well you don't want to run the killer near gens. Or alternatively just buff the current numbers to like 64 meters, still not a good perk but you would get some use out of it without having to throw.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 168
    Options

People are so focused on efficiency that they want Quick Gambit to be this godlike perk that lets them do gens while in chase when it is more a drive-by Prove Thyself with which you focus no gen in particular but instead mildly boost everyone you happen to come across. It is a last resort if you have to go a gen to survive and maybe the boost lets whoever is there finish that gen before you get to it. Even with that consideration it is not a very good perk because it is highly dependent on map and coordination.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,161
    edited April 18
    Options

I still think people are sleeping on this perk. Granting 8% passively to the rest of your team in a 36m range on any small map, multi floored map or a map with a strong central building is pretty darn good.

If it worked with Open Handed, it'd be pretty darn great combo... yet people are acting like giving everyone within a 52m radius of you an 8% repair boost is trash.

Still looks like certain survivors want MFT level broken, otherwise the perk is trash.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    edited April 18
    Options

they should invert the range. Something like "while in chase generators 32/40ish meters from you get an 8/10ish bonus"

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

what does quick gambit do exactly?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,042
    Options
  • 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

im not doing my homework i can promise you that→currently in math class

ima get my G.E.D. i promise you that much

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,672
    edited April 18
    Options

I think Quick Gambit should get a simple rework: add the bonus to any highlighted generator by you

What does that mean you may ask? Simple, if you highlight a gen with a perk (including QG itself), teammates will get the boost

Perks that highlight gens:

Blast Mine
    Wiretap
    Probably some other that I can't remember now

(Deja Vu and Visionary should not work since you are not highlighting the gen to your teammates. However, maybe it could work if you are using a map with the glass bead add-on)