We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PC (Steam) - Frequent "Dedicated Server is Not Responding" errors while playing killer

Options

Not sure if the bug reporting forum is the right place for this exactly, but didn't see anything more fitting.

Over the past week or so, I've been disconnected mid-match with an error message saying "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting" multiple times (at least 8 at this point). This is happening at least once per day, and only when I'm playing killer. Annoyingly, this also seems to only happen when I'm doing well - I don't remember a single time that it happened when I was getting stomped, or having a close match. The other strange thing I noticed the last time it occurred was that on the endgame screen, it showed BP earned for 3 of the survivors, but 0 BP for myself and the 4th survivor (who had disconnected earlier after getting hooked).

I've seen some mention of cheaters being able to manually crash/DDoS the servers - is that actually a thing? Because the timing of these disconnects seems pretty suspicious.

6 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• lift_laugh_love
    lift_laugh_love Member Posts: 3
    Options

And it just happened AGAIN. Third time today, similar scenario. Had 2 survivors dead, third was just a second away from dying on hook, and I suddenly get disconnected.

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 32
    Options

Same here, has been happening to me a lot lately on PC. Usually near the end of the match. So playing 15-20 min matches just to end up with no bloodpoints and challenge progress gone.

• lift_laugh_love
    lift_laugh_love Member Posts: 3
    Options

Just experienced this as survivor for the first time today - similar circumstances, just on the other side. I was the last survivor standing, about to go down, then suddenly everyone gets kicked. Timing of these is way too suspicious to be coincidence - if it was server or network issues, it wouldn't only be happening when killers were winning.

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 59
    Options

It's been happening to me consistently ever since the Alan Wake patch, but BHVR keeps closing these threads and saying "sounds like you're having network issues." The only thing I can add is that I was playing with a streamer in the lobby once when I got the "dedicated server not responding" message, but despite two of us dropping 10 seconds apart, the game and other players were still going, so even the error message was wrong.

This didn't used to be reported in the bug forum 2-3 times a day, BHVR. You changed something with your servers or the way they communicate with the clients that has caused these faulty disconnects to become extremely common. Inaccurate error messages and telling people to check their network ain't the fix.