We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

#1 Best Fix for DBD

Options

I'm not gonna beat around the bush or boast titles:

Rename regular queue to Ranked queue

This queue can utilize competitive changes (modern DBD)

Add Casual queue

Everyone in this queue has zero MMR and it uses an older, non-competitive patch with the new perks implemented into the game (OG DBD)

I would say "this simple change" but I can't imagine how long it would take. Though, it would literally fix the game within 30 days or less of patching by bringing back many of the players who enjoyed the "fun" of DBD AND keep the "sweats" of DBD.

Just do it, trust. Then hire me, I got great ideas.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options

Why would anyone play ranked?

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,263
    Options

Maybe for rewards or to make their mmr go up and be proud of achieving that?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,086
    edited April 18
    Options

That would never work. Even in a casual game mode you need some kind of matchmaking. Otherwise it's purely stomp or get stomped, which DBD already has a problem with. Also, older versions of the game would not have the solo queue HUD, AFC, anti 3gen mechanic, base kit BT etc, which are all huge quality of life improvements. Not to mention depending on how far back we go, killers would have different action times too.

With this, you'd likely have the most sweaty people stack the most unbalanced things and queue up in the casual queue where they can then win 100 games in a row against absolute beginners. Picture Starstruck Nurse on Midwich (with potentially up to 7 blinks depending on which version of Nurse we use) and old flashlight bully squads with insta blinds. Would you want any beginner players to have to face that? I certainly don't. Because this is really demoralising.

2 seperate queues is not a bad idea but you'd need special rule sets for both of them to ensure the games stay competitive / casual without anyone abusing the system.

• Applejutsu
    Applejutsu Member Posts: 3
    edited April 19
    Options

It worked before in the past, so why would it all of the sudden not work today? It 100% would work with proper tweaking and balance while keeping the fun in the game. Yes, it would be op and it would be random pitting someone with 200 hours up with/against 30k hours.

The only queue related fix should be a "new player grace period" where they get paired with as many other new players as possible who are queuing for so many matches/days. After that period, they join the casual queue.

This idea isn't new at all, it exists in basically every single online game with a normal and ranked mode. Some games just have SBMM and some don't. DBD would do better if it didn't have SBMM for casual play. League of Legends even takes it 1 step further for Worlds: the pros all play on the same exact older patch of the game. They all know beforehand what patch they will be participating in for Worlds and that's what they practice on.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,812
    Options

So like a system where new players start at a baseline value that the matchmaker tries to find players of a similiar value so new players don't get matched against players who have built up a higher value

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,263
    Options

But don't unranked queues use some sort of matchmaking as well? You don't get completely random enemies even in unranked games in dota or Starcraft... I think some use hidden mmr, others just use less restrictions.