If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Being Trolled and Griefed for Running Invocation

Options
arcticgirl36
arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137
edited April 18 in General Discussions

I just had one of the worst matches in my well over 3000 plus hours. I was running invocation, and I went into the basement at the start of the match. When I was about halfway done with the invocation, another survivor ran into the basement and proceeded to fast exit the locker dozens of times to alert the killer to come into the basement. When the killer came into the basement he ran over to me and the killer downed me.

In the end comments I asked why they were grieving and trolling me and hopping in and out of a locker dozens of times to get the killer to come down and catch me. They told me if I don't like what they did, then I should stop running invocation. Basically ordering me not to run a valid perk. I was just participating in normal gameplay. Actually getting the invocation done very early in the match is quite powerful. They just kept repeating over and over for me to stop running invocation. Why should I have to be harassed for running a perk that the developers created. Not only was it extremely unpleasant it was also very loud since I was wearing headphones.

I reported them, and I hope something is done about it. I am not a streamer so I do not video tape matches. But they admitted what they did in the end game chat. This kind of action from this survivor to harass another survivor who is participating in normal gameplay should not be allowed. You should not be able to target someone just for running and using a perk and then attempting to humiliate them. I really enjoy using invocation, but will think twice about using it after this experience. I hope the developers take this kind of thing seriously. It was a very unpleasant experience.

Comments

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 819
    Options

I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. Some people in this community really go out of their way to do something like this over a video game. I go through it at times with just using no mither. Now unfortunately, I don't think the devs will do anything without video proof being sent. They really do stress over doing an ingame report then sending a ticket with video proof in order to fully analyze the situation. But I do wish you the best and hope you continue to use any perks in the game that fits your playstyle and that you like to use

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited April 22
    Options

Run whatever perks you think work best, that's your right. If other players don't like your choice they don't have any right to sabotage the game.

Post edited by Jocelynbee on
  • MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    Options

Report them for communication abuse since they admitted it in post game chat. Gameplay abuse rarely gets punished and is almost impossible to prove.

Sables Invocation is so bad that it is actively detrimental, but that still doesn't justify throwing the game to troll the Invocation user because of it. Keep trying it for as long as you'd like. Though you'll probably find it's not worth running.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

Hope you clicked that report button.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 311
    Options

It sounds like you encountered your typical garden variety SWF. They're a lot of fun aren't they? I don't even play solo queue if the other 3 survivors are on the same platform, it's not worth it.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,042
    edited April 18
    Options

What you've described is the classic phenomena known as the Prisoners Dilemma. Sable's invocation creates that exact situation within a team by pitting teammates against each other by how their time is best spent trying to escape the trial. Hit the nail on the head.

• Nerfpopalready
    Nerfpopalready Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 79
    Options

I mean if you wanna use invocation no offense but do it in. A swf and don’t ruin randoms games and giving the killer free pressure…

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited April 18
    Options

Don't mind folks on their high horses. All you'll get is more pearl clutching. You provided your valid and realistic view on the perk and the dilemma within teams it creates.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,134
    Options

free pressure? for use that perk? the one trolling and-griefing is giving free pressure to the killer because not only can the killer get the one using invocation but also the one tell where the survivor is to the killer

now that two on hook in basement now who to blame?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

Exactly, players always asking to see builds or which killer or addons, ugh it'd be the last game you ever played that wasn't preceded by an endless stream of lobby dodgers.

The arrogance, entitlement and unrealistic expectations of other players is the biggest turn off to online gaming.

• Nerfpopalready
    Nerfpopalready Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 79
    Options

Thank you man because I don’t want to seem like a bad sport but the perk is just simply awfully designed and I would be lying if when the odd time I do solo queue and I see this perk it doesn’t make me a tad bit angry luckily I’ve only seen it in play 2-3 times lol

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    edited April 18
    Options

It doesn’t bother me personally when people bring it.

Sucks that you’re getting griefed.

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 150
    Options

While I agree that using this perk seems like it should be a bannable offense, I would be sooo mad to get banned for using a perk as intended, lol.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    edited April 18
    Options

I don't think anybody is saying that you have the obligation to feel happy about someone bringing that perk. But griefing and harassing someone just because you are not happy with their perk choice is not justifiable in any way.

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Batusalen
    edited April 18
    Options

The most funny part for me is that if this post were about a killer tunneling and camping a survivor and saying in the end chat "You are running Distortion, you deserved it", suddenly everybody who is saying that what OP teammates did was "not ok, but understandable" would be offended that someone was treated that way just for using a perk and calling anyone who used the same argumentation they are giving "unsympathetic".

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

Invocation is a pretty garbage perk but that's no reason for a teammate to grief you over it. Same as if your teammate is running No Mither, or Self-Care, or boons, you're probably not gonna be happy, but you gotta make the most out of the teammates you get given. Throwing the game because someone is using a perk in the game is ludicrous and thankfully is bannable.

They literally could have helped you do the invocation faster and given your team an actual chance at winning instead of being the cause of the loss.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 408
    Options

I hope the developers take this kind of thing seriously.

I really hope they do, but in a slightly different form (completely redesigning the perk and pinning the current version on their wall as an example of what should never happen again), because it's IMHO all their fault for releasing this perk.

I personally hate the perk with a passion and don't want to see any teammates bring it into matches … exactly because of what you experience.

I personally feel griefed when a teammate tries an invocation - solo queue is bad enough, I expect everyone to play to win, Invocation is usually the easy 4k for the killer because most killers have some kind of aura/scream perk that reveals the Invocation user and it results in time wasted and basement hooks, or even worse the entire team is dying and the Invocation user is chilling in basement. Personally, I'm annoyed but I eat it up and wouldn't "grief back" or attack the one bringing it.

However, in the majority of the few games where someone brought an invocation, it went similar to what you experienced: others throwing themselves at the killer and giving up, disconnecting or leading the killer to the basement … I've seen Invocation users then DC-ing as well which really, really makes me sad, because I really do believe they find that invocation stuff cool and want to help the team, and then everything goes so bad that they DC because the rest of the team is throwing because they're wasting time sitting in basement for almost two minutes and still get no value because the killer interrupts them.

Again, IMHO it's the sole fault of the devs. Designing a survivor perk that turns survivors who are supposed to work together against each other, leaving the killer the only one in the match who has fun, may well be the worst thing they have ever done. It really ruins me emotionally when I'm in such a match.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

I don't think they had a right to grief but I will make a point you were talking about the team throwing , running this perk pretty much is throwing right from the start, I wouldn't have gone to that extreme of notifying the killer but I can see why some people would think "they're throwing so I am too, screw the match"

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

Alright, from what this thread tells me, its the best perk in the game, im gonna run it on all my builds from now on.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited April 19
    Options

I'm sayin'! lol. There was a similar post a month ago by @Nos37 that basically goes through this. I will post it here to add to the amount of resources currently available on the topic of weaving spiders followed with a thoughtful PSA.

If you are going to run this perk, do so at your own risk. Know beforehand that you run the risk of inviting griefers in the DBD community to well…grief you. It's because it's a silly perk similar to how No Mither is a silly perk. We are already at a pretty volatile time of ~30% escape rates and many of us can confirm we are somewhere within that number. There are no comms outside of SWF, so please, consider your teammates and how your time is best spent escaping as a team in the trial.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 268
    Options

Bro you literally made me Google prisoner's dilemma ( I love learning new shiz). That's a crazy concept. Thanks fr. This has nothing to do with op but simply acknowledging the intelligence that might of been missed even if only be me.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,694
    Options

Sorry to hear about that.

Also, I'd like to see the escape rate for that perk. It has to be abysmal.

• Batusalen
    edited April 19
    Options

So, what you are saying is that if you run perks like Distortion or Lithe, it is understandable and you should expect "getting flamed" by the killer, both in match and end chat, because he doesn't like them, disrupts his gameplay and is frustrating for him?…

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 151
    Options

The greifing is not okay, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. However it is not news that this perk is extremely hated and basically handicaps your entire team. You are free to use the perks you want but keep in mind that people will react with what you bring and how you play with what you bring, even if the perk is valid. Similar to a proxy camp/tunneling killer, they are playing the game without breaking any rules, valid type of playstyle, but most aren't surprised and understand that people will be upset after the game because it's generally acknowledged to be very unfun.

I'm not saying you deserved it, because you didn't, but I'm surprised that you're surprised.