We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Potential Undone Rework

Options

It seems like a large chunk of the playerbase agrees that The Unknown's perk Undone is a very weak perk due to it's reliance on missing skill checks. The unreliable nature of skill checks makes it very difficult to get any stacks for the perk to activate, even when basing a build around the perk. I like the effect of the perk, the activation of it makes it impossible to justify running however.

Here's an idea for a rework I came up with to attempt to improve the perk's reliability: After kicking a generator, Undone activates, and remains active until the generator starts regressing. Once the generator stops regressings, Undone gains tokens equal to the % of regression that occurred, up to a maxmimum of 30 tokens. The next time you kick a generator the current effects of undone apply.

I can see how this could potentially be too strong though, so it could come with a caveat or two perhaps. A few that came to mind:

Undone's effect cannot apply to the generator it gained it's tokens from (to prevent the frustration of needing to do large amounts of repairing on the same generator repeatedly)

Working the affected generator for any amount of time stops regression (to introduce some more clear cut, dynamic counterplay and prevent the hard guarding of one gen to get lots of tokens)

A cooldown (to reduce the amount of extra regression the killer would gain per match)

Do y'all think this would be a good rework? Which of these caveats would be best, or do you have your own ideas?

Comments

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 66
    Options

I like this! Fits the name too.

I think the idea to allow "gen tapping" against this perk specifically is great - it gives survivors a chance to know it's in play and doesn't let it grow too oppressive.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 301
    Options

This is a good concept for a new perk. But a simpler and more logical change to Undone would be this:

Swap the failed repair and heal skill check requirement with a successful repair and heal skill check. In addition, a great skill check awards 6 tokens instead of the 3 gained from a good skill check.

This way there is more chance of the Killer actually getting value out of the perk since Survivors will most likely hit the skill checks that they get. And also, there's a Toolbox add-on that prevents skill checks being triggered while the Toolbox is being used, so if the perk does cause some players issues, they have a counter to it that they're in full control of.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,666
    Options

I also like this idea. It does seem like a more straightforward way to adapt how it already works. I might argue that maybe great skill checks should award no tokens though, punishing players for hitting the more difficult skill checks feels a little bit backwards to me.

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 66
    Options

I feel like getting tokens just from survivors hitting skillchecks is a bit much. Imagine doing a PGTW worth of damage to a gen just because survivors did their objective. It's still very luck dependant, but you would have to nerf the numbers a lot for this version I think.

Also I don't really like the premise of "bring this niche or even detrimental perk or item if you want to counter something strong on the other side".

Sorry if I'm too negative, it's an interesting idea! But I don't think it would be very healthy.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 301
    Options

Yeah you could be right, there. It allows Survivors an additional counter, as it were, without needing to bring a specific item and add-on for it.

It definitely feels like this would be what the Devs would do to the perk at first. Just to see if this increases pick rate, and then observe the impact of the perk on gameplay.

Coz as is, Doctor is really the only Killer that gets used out of this perk. I've not tried it on any others because off the top of my head I cannot think of how to apply this perk to any others.

I dunno if I can agree with the angle you're coming from. Coz the current issue with gen regression is Survivors can still do gens while you're trying to get the perk criteria activated (eg hook the Survivor, or kick it and hope they leave it to regress for a while).

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 228
    Options

The idea sounds good. From what I understand this perk activates once the gen is regression due to a kick which prevents it from working with Pain or Ruin. It could work with Pop in the way that you apply Pop and the token from Undone on one gen which could be huge. What I don't like about the idea is that this perk will be stronger against SoloQ and weaker against SWF since the former one cannot communicate like "ey killer kicked my gen in shack, can someone touch it?". An idea to prevent this unfair situation could be that the survivors see the Undone-Generator in green or something (not in yellow because we are already at the point where we cannot tell if a yellow gen means Trail of Torment, Blastmind, Better Together, or Wiretap which is so stupid). Otherwise, your suggestion sounds very good!

I don't like the idea of punishing survivors for doing good and rewarding the killer for survivors doing good. This just feels wrong. The add-on you mentioned for toolbox is pretty awful and nobody use it and we would be in a weird spot where survivors must use this awful add-on just to counter one perk.

I also have an idea:

It's basically that the killer gets the tokens from taking healthstates from survivors instead of missing skillchecks. With this the killer gets rewarted for doing good. It could be strong on Legion because in theory they can get 15 tokens every Freenzy but on the otherhand Legion is not very strong and when that happens, it's more survivor's fault - it will also happen very rarly against avarage survivors but I want to bring this up just in case. And of cause, removing the blocking effect because this hurts much more than it helps.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Anything is better than the current version!