Why do you get a DC Penalty for a Server Crash or Disconnect?

Options
Skeyx
Skeyx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Am I the only one who has been having Server problems recently and been getting DC Penaltys because of them not working? I am not saying DC Penaltys are useless but why do you get one if you dont manualy disconnect, it just feels absolutly frustrating if you play 20 Minutes and suddently yours or somebodys Internet freaks completly out (The other Person being the Killer) and then you first lose all your Items and Offerings, then get a DC Penalty on top of that! (Additional Note, I have been actualy DDOSD a couple of times, sadly didn't record the Matches, and have had DC Penaltys because of that, because of that my DC Penalty after a Server Crash was as high as 1 entiere Day)

Comments

• Skeyx
    Skeyx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

EDIT: Forgott to mention that the Devs don't offer a support section for DC Penaltys because they are "Automated" and so are not controlled by them.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,052
    edited April 18
    Options

The primary reason is the system has no way of knowing if your DC was for one reason or another, if it was legitimate or deliberate.

Legitimate disconnects should, ideally, occur infrequently enough that the penalty is negligible. On the flip side, if you're legitimately disconnecting often enough to build up a high penalty, you've very likely got bigger issues than whether or not you can play Dead by Daylight