If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can we get clarification on Plague? Was she shadow nerfed or just bugged for several months?

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,127

I'm talking about losing power from any stuns, not only from pallets. There was nothing about it in patchnotes, but i won't be surprised if it's not a bug.

Comments

• ytmotomoto
    ytmotomoto Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think it's always been like that

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options
  • Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 205
    edited April 19
    Options

I mean, I'm kinda okay with Plague loving her power to any stun. IT gives survivors some solid counterplay against a killer that completely shuts down the entire gameplay mechanic of healing. seems like a fair trade off

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 19
    Options

Hard to tell if it's intentional very odd to disable only plague's power. They changed her difficulty from very hard to hard on top of this unmentioned change.

Post edited by LeFennecFox on
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,050
    Options

The only thing I remember was pallet stuns disabled the corrupt puke.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

Its always been that way

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,067
    Options

It's a bug.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 451
    edited April 19
    Options

It was actually changed. All other stuns like Head On deactivated it too but DS did not which was most likely a bug since it makes no sense.

She was meant to lose her power on any stun if i remember correctly.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334
    Options

hope it stays this way since all I get is plague's who tunnel with power. you can't even do anything when you use DS on her when she has power

• fussy
    edited April 26
    Options

Well, maybe they will answer after their Fog Whisperer asked them? Will see.

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 315
    Options

It's always been that way the same way "Killers were always supposed to look down after a hit" was a thing.

It's a bug and BHVR is lying again.

• Error_Social
    Error_Social Member Posts: 61
    Options

Obviously a bug, I will report it immediately and I urge you to do the same. The developers have already removed so many things from killers lately, we don't need this being another thing removed.

• fussy
    Options

Well, but in other Bug Report they pointed that it's not a bug.
    And if they made it because of balancing decisions, why there is not a single word in patchnotes? That's what making me super mad. It's a big change to killer. And they hope no one will notice it or what?

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 315
    Options

They're hoping they can push a shadow nerf by claiming it's always meant to be that way. They've shown willingness to lie to our faces before, so they're doing it again. Don't accept it, keep reporting it and keep pushing against it until they revert this #########.

• Error_Social
    Error_Social Member Posts: 61
    Options

I guess so, it wouldn't be the first time they do something like this, that's for sure. This problem has been happening since I started playing in 2016, bugs would appear, the community would be confused about the lack of action and then months later they would say in retrospect that it was always a feature. The amount of gaslighting I have seen over the years is not even funny

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,342
    Options

I remember when they removed opening lockers on shadowdance addons "it was a bug" While it was literally in the text of the addon.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 408
    Options

It was most certainly not always that way, I agree. Honestly, I don't like vsing Plague very much so this feels nice, but it's annoying that the devs didn't explain or even mention the change.

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 202
    Options

To this day, they still haven't officially said why surge now causes survivors on generators to scream. At this point, I assume they considered the patched out functionality a "bug" and don't mention it in the patch notes, which I disagree with since bug fixes should be listed in patch notes.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 938
    Options

I suppose they want power's that last a while to have some sort of counter, it's the same for Legion i believe who can be stunned out of his power outside of pallets from Head on?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

when she got released, stuns used to bring her out of the power. one day it bugged out and they never bothered to fix it until now. buffs decisive vs her ability.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,063
    edited April 27
    Options

I'm okay with pallet stuns knocking it out, but all the other stuns knocking out as well shouldn't be a thing. A lot of other stuns are out of your control and enforce bad game play. This is actually a substantial nerf.

I was also pretty sure they've had the stance that perks shouldn't directly counter killers powers which is what this does. They've been steadily removing all instances of that from the game and this would be a step in the opposite direction.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,867
    Options

Easy answer is Yes it was bugged, and it wasnt in the patches because it wasnt fixed.

So why did it change? Because they converted the files. Suddenly, everything that was supposed to work when Plague was released, but didnt, started working.

Its the same with Nurse and her Fatique after a stun.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

Considering that the devs said that they don't want survivor perks to directly counter killers' powers anymore it doesn't make any sense why they'd suddenly allow stun based perks to remove Plague's Corrupt Purge.

• Predated
    Options
  • Predated
    Options

Nope, a direct counter is something like Saboteur stating you could disarm traps with it, or how Small Game was a direct counter to Trapper and Hag (maps still have this mechanic tied to them, which will be resolved one day). A direct counter here would mean that using the perk directly counters her. But it doesnt.

It is an indirect counter, just like how Iron Will is an indirect counter to Spirit, or how Lightweight is an indirect counter to Spirit. Or how Fixated is an indirect counter to Pinhead, or how No Mither is an indirect counter to Spirit/Twins. Or how Any Means Neccesary is an indirect counter to Wraith (you can stun a cloaked wraith, pick up the pallet and stun him again). Or how Second Wind can instantly heal Legion's mending if he hit you off the hook, without any of the negatives from addons. I could go on and on. There are literally dozens of perks that indirectly counter a killer. You could even argue that Any Means Neccesary counters Knight, because you can drop a pallet while being hunted to prevent being hit by the Assassin (as it slows them down), and then reset the pallet so the killer cant break it.

Plague loses her power due to a stun, a perk with an entirely avoidable stun makes Plague lose her power. Therefor, it does not counter Plague directly. Especially since they are completely avoidable (you dont really want to kick any generator while using your power anyway, it allows survivors to get away). And you could argue that you have Nowhere To Hide and want to look nearby for survivors.

But guess what? THAT PERK ALSO BREAKS THE "RULE". Because technically, that perk Buffs Plague's basekit specifically. And those perks were also changed deliberately. Like, how Tinkerer no longer affected addons. Or how perks like Hex:Lullaby and Unnerving Presence no longer affect Doctor and Pig (this does get bugged from time to time). And Nowhere To Hide technically buffs Plague with her power.

So, we're reaching an impasse. Either we also give Plague blindness while she is using her power, making any aura reading perks completely useless in her power, giving her a massive nerf. In fact, Nurse would need to be blinded whenever she can blink. Or we keep the current status quo and keep the perks that indirectly affect the effectiveness of killer abilities.

It doesnt counter Plague directly. Period. If it does, then we need to remove all killer perks that reveal survivor aura's whenever the killer can use their m2.

• Predated
    Options

Because it used to be doable way back in the day. Besides that, stuns get her out of her power. And it is incredibly rare to stun a Plague using her power anyway. I've never been able to use a Blastmine against a Plague using Corrupt Purge. Nor have I been able to use Head-On against a Plague with Corrupt Purge (well, once, way back when she was released, and it did get her out of her power).

I dont think this is genuinely going to affect Plague anyway. Most Plague mains I've talked to have played as if Head-On and Blastmine would get her out of her power anyway.