Useless Offerings rework must happen ASAP

Options
skylustv
skylustv Member Posts: 215
edited April 19 in General Discussions

Offerings should be something that change map visuals, the lights out was a good ideia with how they should put an offering that make maps darker like the old school dbd. I really miss the old dark vibe that dbd has on maps, everything now is just so bright. Or at least make day/afternoon/night map variations, we all want the old cooldwind farm darker version back as an option and the other maps too, so make this possible with the new offerings rework (Clear Reagent, Faint Reagent, Hazy Reagent, Murky Reagent)

Comments

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,036
    Options

The moon bouquet actually diminished lighting to the point it was impossible to navigate.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,979
    Options

I agree. They should just overhaul them along with items (broken key). Make them more useful and rewarding to use and remove the bloat.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 6,970
    Options

If this was personal to the player who brought it, and other players don't have to suffer through the game being flat worse as an experience because some joker brought an offering, I'd be all for this.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,612
    Options

They used to have an offering that made maps darker.

They removed it though because it limited their map design because they always had to take them into consideration when creating new maps.

They were also just problematic in general because they made some survivors really difficult to find which not only is massively unfun to play against, it just limited everyone to playing the same characters because of the advantage they got. Not to mention that it would only really hurt console killers since PC players can just add a filter to negate it.

The old lighting was atmospheric but there were too many balance issues with it that I don’t think the offerings should return.